History of the world civilizations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not talking about T, I was replying to your question in regard to the Isaaq. I was trying to explain that the split in haplogroups could have arisen as a result of a historical complete assimilation duiring the formative years of the clan. The Ciise and Samaroon also historically assimilated others into their clan system but unlike the Isaaq, they maintained their clan integrity by differentiating between those who are clan members by blood and those who were adopted into the clan. I do not expect you to have known this as you are not well versed in certain Somali clan lores. The adopted members form a small percentage of the respective clans possibly explaining why these clans do no display much haplogroup differentiation.

Capiche!

No capiche. In fact, I disagree strongly. That is not what either the DNA data or the good Haji had to say. The Dir and the Garhajis are virtually pure T. You can't assimilate other groups and still have that.

No capiche. In fact, I disagree strongly. That is not what either the DNA data or the good Haji had to say. The Dir and the Garhajis are virtually pure T. You can't assimilate other groups and still have that.

Hypothetically speaking, subclans can descend from individuals that that were adopted during a clan's early years.

DNA data does not support your statement that Dir are pure T. Subclans such as Ciise and Samaroon appear to be predominately T but we do not yet know the breakdown of haplogroups within their different subclans. Same goes for Garxajis.

One must resist the urge to make definitive statements as genetic data on individual Somali clans and subclans is limited. Capiche?

Hypothetically speaking, subclans can descend from individuals that that were adopted during a clan's early years.

DNA data does not support your statement that Dir are pure T. Subclans such as Ciise and Samaroon appear to be predominately T but we do not yet know the breakdown of haplogroups within their different subclans. Same goes for Garxajis.

One must resist the urge to make definitive statements as genetic data on individual Somali clans and subclans is limited. Capiche?

Again, I am not the one making the determination:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_T-M184

"Somalis (Dir clan) Somali (East Cushitic) Djibouti 24/24 100% [17] Dir Somali clan members in Djibouti. Also, T1a-M70 has been found in only 1 sample belonging to a member of the Hawiye clan (1/1), and in 0/9 (0%) samples belonging to the Isaaq clan.
Somalis (Dire Dawa) Somali (East Cushitic) Dire Dawa 14/17 82.4% [16] Dire Dawa Somalis.

Somalis (Dir clan) and Afars Somali and Afar(Cushitic) Djibouti 30/54 56.6% [194] Mixed sample of Somali and Afar individuals.[not in citation given]
Somalis (Ethiopia) Somali (East Cushitic) Shilavo (woreda) (Ogaden) 5/10 50% [17] The geographic location of this Ethiopia sample as seen in Fig.1.

Afars Afar language (East Cushitic) Djibouti 5/20 25% [17]

Somalis Somali (East Cushitic) Jijiga (Ogaden) 19/83 22.9% [16] Jijiga Somalis. "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The data is limited, but it is consistent and highly suggestive. I think you need to give Ethan Bradbury more credit.

Again, I am not the one making the determination:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_T-M184

"Somalis (Dir clan) Somali (East Cushitic) Djibouti 24/24 100% [17] Dir Somali clan members in Djibouti. Also, T1a-M70 has been found in only 1 sample belonging to a member of the Hawiye clan (1/1), and in 0/9 (0%) samples belonging to the Isaaq clan.
Somalis (Dire Dawa) Somali (East Cushitic) Dire Dawa 14/17 82.4% [16] Dire Dawa Somalis.

Somalis (Dir clan) and Afars Somali and Afar(Cushitic) Djibouti 30/54 56.6% [194] Mixed sample of Somali and Afar individuals.[not in citation given]
Somalis (Ethiopia) Somali (East Cushitic) Shilavo (woreda) (Ogaden) 5/10 50% [17] The geographic location of this Ethiopia sample as seen in Fig.1.

Afars Afar language (East Cushitic) Djibouti 5/20 25% [17]

Somalis Somali (East Cushitic) Jijiga (Ogaden) 19/83 22.9% [16] Jijiga Somalis. "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The data is limited, but it is consistent and highly suggestive. I think you need to give Ethan Bradbury more credit.

You are like a kid who has found a new hobby (Somali y-dna).

Those papers that have been referenced in wikipedia merely comment on their findings but they do not make assumptions about the whole Dir clan. Man, what is up with you? Are you seriously trying to argue that the Dir haplogroup is T based on a limited sample of Dirs from Northern Somalia/Ethiopia?

With all due respect, EthanBradberry is new to DNA discussions.

You are like a kid who has found a new hobby (Somali y-dna).

Those papers that have been referenced in wikipedia merely comment on their findings but they do not make assumptions about the whole Dir clan. Man, what is up with you? Are you seriously trying to argue that the Dir haplogroup is T based on a limited sample of Dirs from Northern Somalia/Ethiopia?

With all due respect, EthanBradberry is new to DNA discussions.

You are something of a rat terrier yourself. With all due respect, that is what we are all doing, reporting on our findings.

Relative to the Dir, no other haplotype has been found, and T1a1f is the only known T in Africa, except for T1a2 and T1b1 in Egypt..

http://www.academia.edu/6100873/Origins_and_history_of_Haplogroup_T_mtDNA_

Last edited:
You are something of a rat terrier yourself. With all due respect, that is what we are all doing, reporting on our findings.

Relative to the Dir, no other haplotype has been found, and T1a1f is the only known T in Africa, except for T1a2 and T1b1 in Egypt..

http://www.academia.edu/6100873/Origins_and_history_of_Haplogroup_T_mtDNA_

Look at my reply to you in the other thread.

The fact that you referenced MTDNA haplogroup T in a discussion about Y-DNA evinces that you need to brush up on the basics. How can you use MTDNA T subclades to support your argument about y-dna T?:camby:

Look at my reply to you in the other thread.

The fact that you referenced MTDNA haplogroup T in a discussion about Y-DNA evinces that you need to brush up on the basics. How can you use MTDNA T subclades to support your argument about y-dna T?:camby:

We were discussing migration, not Y DNA specifically. I see no response to finding no other haplotype in the Dir. See my further reply in the other thread.

Last edited:

Mohamedali

Sug dee ninyahow
I personally think our rich history as somalis is being purposefully distorted and hidden so that we are kept low but we have always dominated everything an inshAllah we will prevail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts