History of the world civilizations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be the Dir living with the Raxanweyn and are part of the Confederation.

I am curious to see where m German friend gets his info on Raxanweyn
It's not being butt-hurt, you just have a habit of jumping to conclusions on little evidence- the very definition of suugo-science. To say Dir is genealogically consistent is a stretch but at least it's not controversial. Though, there needs to be more studies done on smaller more remote clans like Gurgure, Jaarso and Gaadsan etc. As I wouldn't be surprised if they have substantial Omotic DNA through intermixing with Oromos.

Darood, however, are a different kettle of fish. Their genealogical line makes no sense whatsoever. And just because they all (apart from Warsangeli/some Ogadens and dhulos) have E1b1b doesn't mean their clan genealogy is more consistent. For f*ck sakes they have Non-Somali Sheegatos among them.

Isaaq on the other hand falls into two camps when it comes to y dna, T and E1b1b. Not only that, their abtirsi to Sheekh Isaaq is airtight and impenetrable.

Your are simply using weak logic and bias to insult Isaaq. I would not talk about Sheegatos if I was a Darood, much less a harti.

Gaadsan are a Biimaal subclan and do not intermix with Oromos. They predominately live in K5 (South and North) and heavily intermarry with the Ogaden. The Gurgura intermarry with the Afran Qallo but one should bear in mind that the AQ are a confederacy formed out of the union of Somalis and Oromos which is why many of them identify with their Somali clan roots when they are around Somalis. Furthermore, the Oromos with substantial Omotic/Nilotic ancestry are the Western and Southern Oromos. The Jaarso are a confederation of clans, not all of them are of Dir origin.

The spectrum from real clan to fake clan according to genetic data is currently:

(most real) Dir ---- Darod ---- Hawiye ---- Raxanweyn ---- Isaaq (most fake)

Guten Abend Herr Amun

Dude, just because there is a noticeable irregularity in the haplogroup affiliation of the Isaaq does not mean it is a fake clan. The Semitic speaking Habashis are also split into several haplogroups but it is evident that they adopted non-Semites into their ethnic group when they settled in the Horn. The same goes for the Beja and Afar Cushites that possess Semitic y-dna as a result of assimilation.

It is more appropriate to state that they assimilated non-Isaaqs into their clan but that would be boring for you as no one would have taken the bait. :sass2:

I am strictly speaking about patrilineal terms here. The biggest y-cluster always observed when they sample a bunch of random people born in Somalia is the main Darod y-str cluster. I don't think it is a fake clan, for now. My data is speculative, but highly probable.

Sure buddy.

giphy.gif

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Aksum area stretched all the way to northern Dir lands (Gadabursi and Issa) the artifacts still found today in the area are proof of this fact we were part of this great empire. We are Abysinnian in origin.
look at these Somalis claiming everything, all your people were doing was sucking a camels nipple in the outskirts of dhusamareeb.:bell:

Guten Abend Herr Amun

Dude, just because there is a noticeable irregularity in the haplogroup affiliation of the Isaaq does not mean it is a fake clan. The Semitic speaking Habashis are also split into several haplogroups but it is evident that they adopted non-Semites into their ethnic group when they settled in the Horn. The same goes for the Beja and Afar Cushites that possess Semitic y-dna as a result of assimilation.

It is more appropriate to state that they assimilated non-Isaaqs into their clan but that would be boring for you as no one would have taken the bait. :sass2:

If the Isaaq merely assimilated individuals, wouldn't there be a uniform distribution rather than a division into distinctly T and E1b1b clans?

If the Isaaq merely assimilated individuals, wouldn't there be a uniform distribution rather than a division into distinctly T and E1b1b clans?

The assimilation I am talking about occurred in historical times.

A good example, would be the Oromo clans. As they expanded in the 17th to 18th century, non-Oromo clans that came under the authority of an Oromo subclan would be coopted into that clan but retain its name.

Before Somalis such as the Absame, Gurgura, Karanle, Ciise, Isaaq and Samaroon expanded into North-Western parts of Greater Somalia, there were other people living there as demonstrated by the groups listed in the Glorious Victories of Amde Seyon. It is possible that clans that show haplogroup diversity might have assimlated others into their clan during their formative years. Some clans maintained a distinction between those who are clan members by blood and those who became clan members by tradition. Others would fully assimilate non-clan members by connecting them to their Abtirsi.

Noir

Isaaq Elitist
Pre-Islamic Arabia= unified and enlightened place which made many innovative discoveries and forged many Empires!:samwelcome:
Post Islamic Arabia= ALLAHU AKBAR!!! BOOM:pachah1:

The assimilation I am talking about occurred in historical times.

A good example, would be the Oromo clans. As they expanded in the 17th to 18th century, non-Oromo clans that came under the authority of an Oromo subclan would be coopted into that clan but retain its name.

Before Somalis such as the Absame, Gurgura, Karanle, Ciise, Isaaq and Samaroon expanded into North-Western parts of Greater Somalia, there were other people living there as demonstrated by the groups listed in the Glorious Victories of Amde Seyon. It is possible that clans that show haplogroup diversity might have assimlated others into their clan during their formative years. Some clans maintained a distinction between those who are clan members by blood and those who became clan members by tradition. Others would fully assimilate non-clan members by connecting them to their Abtirsi.

What you are talking about would thin the T. . What I am talking about is the Isaaq split into T and E1b1b Habars. And the Cisse and Gadabursi with nearly pure T. What I am talking about is assimilation that did not take place either in ancient or historical times. This is what is so very noteworthy.

What you are talking about would thin the T. . What I am talking about is the Isaaq split into T and E1b1b Habars. And the Cisse and Gadabursi with nearly pure T. What I am talking about is assimilation that did not take place either in ancient or historical times. This is what is so very noteworthy.

I am not talking about T, I was replying to your question in regard to the Isaaq. I was trying to explain that the split in haplogroups could have arisen as a result of a historical complete assimilation duiring the formative years of the clan. The Ciise and Samaroon also historically assimilated others into their clan system but unlike the Isaaq, they maintained their clan integrity by differentiating between those who are clan members by blood and those who were adopted into the clan. I do not expect you to have known this as you are not well versed in certain Somali clan lores. The adopted members form a small percentage of the respective clans possibly explaining why these clans do no display much haplogroup differentiation.

Capiche!

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I don't know much about DNA but when the sultan of mahra comes to a king ceremony, I would say something is up. I never see that happening for other clans in somalia. If they claim their origins is from somewhere else why not bring the king or leader of that somewhere else to your ceremony? after-all you do have shared history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts