History of the Tutsi genocide

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tutsi, or originally Cushite, people migrated to Rwanda from the southern Ethiopian highlands, and were much taller and thinner in physique than the Bantu or Twa. Throughout the entire history of their population of Rwanda, the Tutsi have never exceeded 15% of the population. Despite their lack of numbers, the Cushite people arrived as conquerors. The Cushite were cattle-herding warriors, and they impressed their power upon the Bantu (and Twa) of the region.

By the 15th century, the Cushite had gained complete rule. They established an pyramid-style political structure, with the head being an Mwami, a king of supposedly divine origin. The reign of the Tutsi Mwami over Rwanda continued for several hundred years very successfully. Hutus who were wealthy enough were accepted as part of the elite along with the Tutsi, while poorer Hutus lived quite comfortably to themselves, provided they pay a tax to the Mwami. In brief, the Tutsi were in power and as such elevated themselves to higher class than the Hutus . They utilized their status to extort taxes from the poorer Hutus. One race was subservient to the other, but besides that, the relationship remained relatively civil, until approximately the 19th century.

https://modernhistoryproject2012.wordpress.com/history-of-hutu-tutsi-relations/

H-utu basically meant serf of servant. I don’t even think it was the their actual name. Full article above. I am glad Rwanda is at peace though. Good lesson for Somalis.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
This makes the genocide not all that surprising.

Is it true that the international community was slow to act in Rwanda because of Somali civil war unfolding at the same damn time

Tutsi's claim Somalia as their motherland. Bantu's genociding other Africans is not surprising though.

Tutsi aren't Cushitic, they have no Cushitic DNA, their language isn't Cushitic, I'm not sure how this myth got started.

Tutsi are genetically closest to Houtu, which makes the whole genocide more tragic in a way.

Burundi, Rwanda, Uganda and the surrounding parts of Congo and Tanzania were all in medieval times part of the Empire of Kitara which was conquered by the Bachwezi of central Uganda. Tutsi are the soldiers of the Kitara Empire and their descendants.

The area they migrated from is in the rift valley, but the Ugandan part.

The modern ruling dynasty of Bunyoro claims to be the successor to Kitara but the dynasty is different, descended from usurpers.

Last edited:
Tutsi aren't Cushitic, they have no Cushitic DNA, their language isn't Cushitic, I'm not sure how this myth got started.

Tutsi are genetically closest to Houtu, which makes the whole genocide more tragic in a way.

Burundi, Rwanda, Uganda and the surrounding parts of Congo and Tanzania were all in medieval times part of the Empire of Kitara which was conquered by the Bachwezi of central Uganda. Tutsi are the soldiers of the Kitara Empire and their descendants.

The modern ruling dynasty of Bunyoro claims to be the successor to Kitara but the dynasty is different, descended from usurpers.
Ofc Tutsis are not Cushites, they're now bantus.

How come many of them have cushitic features if they have zero cushitic dna?

How come many of them have cushitic features if they have zero cushitic dna?

Many Houtus have the same features, as do many Ugandans.
This man is an important Ugandan man from the Banyarwanda tribe, Frank Gashuma:
2005-Gashuma500x403-500x403.jpg

This is a respected politician who died recently, same tribe:

2013_12largeimg217_Dec_2013_082458327-703x422.jpg

Apollo

VIP

Wrong. There has been research on Tutsi autosomal DNA. Tutsis do NOT cluster with full-blood Bantus:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2011/08/tutsi-differ-genetically-from-the-****/

Genetic studies, especially autosomal studies on Tutsis are not being approved by the Rwandan government to suppress the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending