Hijab Appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
22_niqab_r_w.jpg
Nothing I love more than chicks that wear jilbaab&indho shareer. :ahh:

ure a kufar bc u lack comprehension of islam and the quran so miss me with ur quoting.

I'm pretty sure I know alot more about this deen than you do. We don't leave the religion of our forefathers on a whim. Does it take excellent "comprehension" to realise Muhammad was wrong about the sun setting in a black muddy spring?

Last edited:

Hubble

VIP
Doesn't make sense. On the one hand hijab represents modesty but on the other hand you lot are complementing their beauty - the very thing they're meant to be concealing. :vo3yidw:

It's a different kind of beauty, that kind that comes from inside! They're so much happier than the women who wear next to nothing to get 5 minutes of attention online.

Hafez

VIP
I'm pretty sure I know alot more about this deen than you do. We don't leave the religion of our forefathers on a whim. Does it take excellent "comprehension" to realise Muhammad was wrong about the sun setting in a black muddy spring?
In refutation of @JohnDoe’s claim…

Brothers and sisters, do not take this guy’s comments seriously. If you’re not careful enough, he could mislead you from the true understanding of the Deen. This person regularly makes absurd claims about our religion. I was soo desperate to finish some coursework and solve some problems before I refute this man’s claims (that he probably got off reddit or some other website).

The Ayah goes as follows:
q ayah.png

Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it [as if] setting in a spring of dark mud, and he found near it a people. Allah said, "O Dhul-Qarnayn, either you punish [them] or else adopt among them [a way of] goodness." 18:86.
The thing is, بلغ means “he reached” this is a masculine past tense verb with the doer of the verb being mustatir, but we know it’s dhul qarnayn (AS) who’s being referred to. It is used to denote location amongst other things.

مغرب الشمس means the setting place of the sun, this does not mean that it’s where the sun actually sets, they are abstract terms used to refer to a location. So “setting place of the sun” actually means “the west”, it’s (obviously) in the West that the sun sets, it rises from the East.

So بلغ مغرب الشمس put together means he reached the setting place of the sun (i.e. he reached the West).

وجدها means “he found it (I,e. he found the sun or seen the sun, I’ll explain the rest, bear with me). وجدها تغرب في عين حمئة means he found it (as if) it was setting in a spring of dark mud. This means for example, you’re walking down a path and you see the reflection of the sun in a puddle, this doesn’t mean that, it’s in that puddle the sun sets in, does it? This is why in the interpreted version they put “(as if)” in brackets.

It’s very hard to explain in English, this is way the Qur’an cannot be understood properly in English. I’m trying my best though.

So he (Dhul Qarnayn) reached the setting place of the sun (i.e. he reached the West) and he found it (as if) setting in a spring of dark mud, yacni from his perspective, he was seeing the reflection of the sun in the puddle.

Also we know that us Muslims are supposed to fast from dawn until sun-set. If the sun actually settled on a part of the Earth, doesn’t this mean there’s a place on Earth where the sun never sets? Thus this is contradictory. Wallahi whenever I have come across this verse it has never crossed my mind that the sun LITERALLY set on a spring of dark mud.

Only a stupid person would think this means the sun literally set on a spring of dark mud.

Brothers and sisters, this is why learning the Arabic language is very important. You can be easily misguided by the shayateen from amongst man (e.g. @JohnDoe) and jinn if you’re not careful. This is why the Qur’an was revealed in Arabic in the first place.

Indeed, We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur'an that you might understand. 12:2

Everything that I've written is from what I know and I've not copied a single person Alxamdulilah. May Allah increase us (Muslims) in knowledge. :it0tdo8:

You're the one deceiving the people but from what I see most are willing to buy into this lie.

1) The word 'bahr' which means sea isn't used rather the word 'ayn' is which means spring. The largest spring on earth will never produce the sight of the sun setting into the horizon. Only a sea can achieve such a spectacle.
2) You can only explain the following Hadith with a geocentric (sun orbits earth) model
"…So, the prophet carried out the expedition and when he reached that town at the time or nearly at the time of the ‘Asr prayer, he said to the sun, ‘O sun! You are under Allah’s Order and I am under Allah’s Order O Allah! Stop it (i.e. the sun) from setting.’ It was stopped till Allah made him victorious…." Sahih Muslim (4:1807)

This new interpretation you propose has only come about because of the advancements in our scientific knowledge. Dhul-Qarnain was a legend that has been peddled and change throughout the generations since Late Antiquity. The Qur'an is just one of those in the chain of Chinese whisperers.

Last edited:

Hafez

VIP
You're the one deceiving the people but from what I see most are willing to buy into this lie.

1) The word 'bahr' which means sea isn't used rather the word 'ayn' is which means spring. The largest spring on earth will never produce the sight of the sun into the earth. Only a sea can achieve such a spectacle.
2) The first 15+ tafsiirists (first 400+ years in fact) of the Qur'an all held this view Al-Tabari attributes mentions that the controversy of the verse was that the early Muslims from Basra and Medina pronounced "Hami'ah" differently so they differed as to whether it meant the sun set in a muddy spring or a standard hot spring rather than if it set in a spring at all.
3) You can only explain the following Hadith with a geocentric (sun orbits earth) model
"…So, the prophet carried out the expedition and when he reached that town at the time or nearly at the time of the ‘Asr prayer, he said to the sun, ‘O sun! You are under Allah’s Order and I am under Allah’s Order O Allah! Stop it (i.e. the sun) from setting.’ It was stopped till Allah made him victorious…." Sahih Muslim (4:1807)

This new interpretation you propose has only come about because of the advancements in our scientific knowledge. Dhul-Qarnain was a legend that has been peddled and change throughout the generations since Late Antiquity. The Qur'an is just one of those in the chain of Chinese whisperers.
Nope, failed. Even the sea can not produce the sight of the sun in it's entirety. We know that it's not the sun that orbits the Earth, it's actually the opposite. Lol @ your wording, it appears the tafsiirists only differed in whether it was pronounced as "Hami'a" or "Hamiyia", that was an irrelevant "point" you made there anyway. The main issue at hand is that Dhul Qarnayn (AS) has seen a reflection of the sun (NO ONE SAID THE SUN IN IT'S ENTIRETY), a snippet of it if you will. You cannot explain that hadith only with a "geocentric" model you filthy liar. First of all, the idea of the "sun setting" in of it self is completely abstract.

Nope, failed. Even the sea can not produce the sight of the sun in it's entirety. We know that it's not the sun that orbits the Earth, it's actually the opposite. Lol @ your wording, it appears the tafsiirists only differed in whether it was pronounced as "Hami'a" or "Hamiyia", that was an irrelevant "point" you made there anyway. The main issue at hand is that Dhul Qarnayn (AS) has seen a reflection of the sun (NO ONE SAID THE SUN IN IT'S ENTIRETY), a snippet of it if you will. You cannot explain that hadith only with a "geocentric" model you filthy liar. First of all, "the sun setting" in of it self, is an abstract term.

Wow, talk about shifting goalposts. A spring would never achieve even a part of the sun setting. And I wouldn't put (AS) next to Dhul-Qarnain either as historical records show he was most probably based off Alexander the Great who was himself a pagan.

Explain that Hadith of Muhammad from a heliocentric model then?

Hafez

VIP
@JohnDoe I have found all of your sources for what you just mentioned to me. If you want to pretend to be an Islamic scholar, I will literally make a thread just to test you, to let everyone witness your humiliation. Do you accept this test? It will be on Usul ul Fiqh, tafsir, Arabic, fiqh, ahadith, etc... One condition is that you reply really quick. Google search will not help you btw.

Hafez

VIP
Wow, talk about shifting goalposts. A spring would never achieve even a part of the sun setting. And I wouldn't put (AS) next to Dhul-Qarnain either as historical records show he was most probably based off Alexander the Great who was himself a pagan.

Explain that Hadith of Muhammad from a heliocentric model then?
That hadith does not need to be explained from a heliocentric model. The idea of the sun setting is very abstract in of itself, are you retarded?

That hadith does not need to be explained from a heliocentric model. The idea of the sun setting is very abstract in of itself, are you retarded?

You've failed to explain how the Sun can be stopped from a heliocentric perspective and I don't blame you. And God bless Sheikh Google for letting me absorb info without Islamic bias. As for references I primarily watch TheMaskedArab on YT great guy his vid on Dhul-Qarnain and Gog and Magog is spot on. It doesn't take a degree from Medina university to understand whether something is xaar or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending