Health, fitness and proper nutrition in our community is non-existent.

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Wallahi I hate that excuse. Our great grandfathers were warriors with 50 kids and I'm tapped out at 2.:tocry:
I hate when people bring that up. Anyone can make great gains as long as they're hitting the gym hard enough and getting adequate nutrition.

95% of Somali males need to be on a caloric surplus of +1000000000 calories LOL.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
The high estrogen is making you post like a women.
So because I’m not about the nutrition life and I’d much prefer to eat what I want I’m feminine :mindblown:

I’m a black belt and I’d break your bones if you said that to me in person. High estrogen kulaha :nahgirl:

I hate when people bring that up. Anyone can make great gains as long as they're hitting the gym hard enough and getting adequate nutrition.

95% of Somali males need to be on a caloric surplus of +1000000000 calories LOL.
That's nonsense and you know it. We are some of the tallest people on earth. Our diet is 70% of what makes us fat. Our food is what destroys us here in the west. I hope you know and understand those men in those pics from the past were not weak.

That's nonsense and you know it. We are some of the tallest people on earth. Our diet is 70% of what makes us fat. Our food is what destroys us here in the west. I hope you know and understand those men in those pics from the past were not weak.
The average Somali in badiyo is robust and strong. The western Somali doesn't compare

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER

If you're in a caloric surplus + lifting heavy+counting your macros(hitting protein intake), you'll put on muscle regardless of how shit your diet is. Some people can put on muscle better than others, but for the most part, anyone can make legitimate gains if they put the work in. This isn't some dumb bro science, it's an objective fact.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I'd consider it more tough-love rather than browbeating. Sometimes people need a mirror held up to their face. I'm proud of being Somali, so it pains me when I see my fellow Somalis get denigrated and become the butt of some ajnabi's joke over something that's easily fixed.

It's like we've been collectively brainwashed as a people into believing that we have garbage muscle building genetics, so why even bother. It's such a self-defeating attitude wallahi.

I'm coming form a place of frustration, not "haha, you sack of shit, you're not in shape".

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I see that your intentions are good but will tough love motivate them to take action? My advice is to focus your message on those that are somewhat receptive to changing (but are clueless about where to begin). Not those with closed minds and extreme resistance. Let them complain while you show refrain. Who knows, they may one day decide to do so of their own volition but it's not your duty to facilitate that.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you're in a caloric surplus + lifting heavy+counting your macros(hitting protein intake), you'll put on muscle regardless of how shit your diet is. Some people can put on muscle better than others, but for the most part, anyone can make legitimate gains if they put the work in. This isn't some dumb bro science, it's an objective fact.
That exactly what I mean work is self discipline which is lacking with most people.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Sxb this thread was inspired partly by the one you made in the man cave section. I remember how much those seething f-ggots were shit talking you instead of applauding your efforts and asking "How can I get like that too".

The guys on this forum can be so fucking toxic wallahi. I feel sorry for the noobs, imagine how much more they could progress if they were comfortable enough to post physique updates where we could all chime in and give them constructive advice, but in reality they'd have a horde DYELs screeching "Homo" at them.

I miss the bodybuilding.com misc wallahi.
I tried that once to show my progress and a lot of the replies were people just telling me I’m skinny.

I can’t remember very well but I also had a pretty decent response. It wasn’t all negativity

Great thread!

Its lowkey the same for the girls, although things are now changing, many around me are now becoming active when it comes to trying to lose weight, although their attempts are more diet based rather then hitting the gym.

I tried that once to show my progress and a lot of the replies were people just telling me I’m skinny.

I can’t remember very well but I also had a pretty decent response. It wasn’t all negativity
Feel free to post and ask for advice anytime sxb, there's a few users on here can that give you solid advice and constructive feed. You still lifting?
Bro, as much as being ripped is indeed very attractive, the last examples are too much. Maybe something a little less?
It's all subjective. I personally think his physique is a good blend of size and leaness.
Greek Hellenistic and Roman of sculptures Mars, Hercules etc and people like Frank Zane and Eugene Sandow are my main source inspiration.
That's what I'd define as the idea physique. Their physique takes the golden ratio, symmetry and good proportions into account. But like I said, it's all subjective.

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 14.10.12.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 14.08.50.png

Sure Somalis eat like shit, but I've seen maddows eat just as bad and they still have a toned physique. Genetics does play a role, but that shouldn't excuse Somalis to not be healthy.

Somalis just aren't athletic either. Most of them lack the explosion. In basketball for example, you have Farrah's that are 6"6 that can't even dunk. Its embarrassing.

They mention they eat home cooked meals and avoid eating out, but they go for seconds or thirds at home with plates filled with baris or baasto with ketchup on top of it. Gross