Health, fitness and proper nutrition in our community is non-existent.

Disclaimer: everything I'm about to say doesn't apply to a handful of members whom I'm certain are probably in good/decent shape.

Diet
The avg Somali has zero fucking clue about nutrition beyond "fatty food are bad for you". No real understanding of their body's caloric requirements, what macro split is best suited for their goals etc, unless it's something they're studying or they're a gymbro.

I can look past it all, but what makes my blood boil is when they denigrate those who take an active interest in their health/nutrition. I've had several family/friends give me funny looks for tracking calories,macros and weighting my food.

This isn't just limited to out of touch old eedos, it's young Somalis in their late teens and early 20s who grew up in the West. They'll happily guzzle down gallons of ridiculously sweet tea and eat toxic shit like xalwo, but somehow taking an active role in what you consume is seen as a "weird". I'm sure some of the vegans or more health conscious people on here can relate.

Exercise
Beyond occasionally playing football/basketball, the avg Somali doesn't concern himself with physical activity. They have shitty skinnyfat physiques, it's gotten so bad that young Somali men are now a fucking meme, "big batty Bashir" etc.

In all the years I've spent in boxing/Muay Thai/lifting gyms I've only ever seen a handful of Somalis and they all had one thing in common. The majority of them were mostly friends with non-Somalis. "You'll get hurt and get brain damage" was common phrase I heard all the time.
But the same people saying that would completely crumble and freeze up if they go punched in the face, or they'd attempt wild haymakers. Learning to defend yourself and your family is at the core of what it means to be a man.

When it comes to pursuing physical perfection, Somalis are crabs in a bucket wallahi. Instead of applauding fellow Somali for getting into great shape, you'll see f-gs on insta constantly accuse them of roiding and say shit like "tOO mUcH mUsCLe iS uGLy" like they're an Adonis themselves.

In conclusion, the avg young Somali male looks like a pile of steaming garbage and couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat. Think I'm talking shit? Go stand infront of your mirror, take your t-shirt off and have a real good look at yourself.

Rant over, good evening:pacspit::pacspit:

Last edited:
I've noticed Somalis look for natural remedies for their problems instead of just exercising. I know women with chronic pain, yet they live a sedentary lifestyle and are bewildered at their poor health.

Don't despair, the culture is slowly changing. Now I see more slim xalimos than obese ones. I see most Faraxs attempt to go gym (albeit they woe about their genetics).

I've noticed Somalis look for natural remedies for their problems instead of just exercising. I know women with chronic pain, yet they live a sedentary lifestyle and are bewildered at their poor health.

Don't despair, the culture is slowly changing. Now I see more slim xalimos than obese ones. I see most Faraxs attempt to go gym (albeit they woe about their genetics).
Wallahi nothing makes me happier than seeing some skinny Somali teen set foot in the gym, or come to thai boxing classes. It fills me with pride. The only problem is, no matter how much training advice I or others give him, hooyo is still going to cook nothing but carbs soaked in oil when he goes home.

Inshallah, I hope it does man. Shit can gets so disheartening sometimes wallahi.

i blame @Gibiin-Udug she started that meme on here :damn::damn::dead:
There should be a policy on here where if you shit talk Somali men or women, you have post your picture/physique so we can assess why you feel the need to denigrate others.

You can't be talking hot shit about Somali men being this or that if you're a 5/10 on your best day.

reer

VIP
Wallahi nothing makes me happier than seeing some skinny Somali teen set foot in the gym, or come to thai boxing classes. It fills me with pride. The only problem is, no matter how much training advice I or others give him, hooyo is still going to cook nothing but carbs soaked in oil when he goes home.

Inshallah, I hope it does man. Shit can get so disheartening sometimes wallahi.
somalis need to eat less carbs have more chicken hilib fish eggs fruits vegetables etc you don't need to fill your calool with bariis or baasto

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
There is a lot of male jealousy in the Somali community that is unspoken of sxb. I hate to mention it because i thought jealousy was a female trait (word to Jay Z) but some niggas are toxic when they see you proactively doing something in your life.

Making legit P? "Nah fam, you're forever living another man's dream, you should have your own business". Said by a guy who doesn't have 1K in his bank account.

Going gym? "Gym ain't gonna defend you against a hoodrat with a shank". Said by a guy who would run a mile.

Do what's right by you and hang out with like minded people.

There is a lot of male jealousy in the Somali community that is unspoken of sxb. I hate to mention it because i thought jealousy was a female trait (word to Jay Z) but some niggas are toxic when they see you proactively doing something in your life.

Making legit P? "Nah fam, you're forever living another man's dream, you should have your own business". Said by a guy who doesn't have 1K in his bank account.

Going gym? "Gym ain't gonna defend you against a hoodrat with a shank". Said by a guy who would run a mile.

I always cut off Somali niggas when I'm moving forward in life. They love to stagnate and keep people with them.

reer

VIP

i saw some fobs mocking a few somalis
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
I always cut off Somali niggas when I'm moving forward in life. They love to stagnate and keep people with them.

They'll think you're pompous for ignoring their advice which they wouldn't take themselves.

Keep doing your ting young brudda.

i saw some fobs mocking a few somalis
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The same fobs will come to the place asking for freebies, they don't support the hustle but want to drink off you.

A true friend pays the standard price because he supports your business.

I wish decent Somali men would network more and isolate themselves from bummy niggas with shit physiques who are content with their meager lot in life wallahi.

Rooble44

Bishop of the order of Gacanta Furan ✋
Bro this post hit so close to home, I got body shamed so many times by fellow Somalis. Got called a Madow just for physically looking better than your average Somali. The hate is real man. If I didn't know any better, I would have dropped it all just to fit in but thank f*ck I didn't. It be your own people man.

Bro this post hit so close to home, I got body shamed so many times by fellow Somalis. Got called a madow just for physically looking better than your average Somali. The hate is real man. If I didn't know any better, I would have dropped it all just to fit in but thank f*ck I didn't. It be your own people man.
Sxb this thread was inspired partly by the one you made in the man cave section. I remember how much those seething f-ggots were shit talking you instead of applauding your efforts and asking "How can I get like that too".

The guys on this forum can be so fucking toxic wallahi. I feel sorry for the noobs, imagine how much more they could progress if they were comfortable enough to post physique updates where we could all chime in and give them constructive advice, but in reality they'd have a horde DYELs screeching "Homo" at them.

I miss the bodybuilding.com misc wallahi.

Rooble44

Bishop of the order of Gacanta Furan ✋
Sxb this thread was inspired partly by the one you made in the man cave section. I remember how much those seething f-ggots were shit talking you instead of applauding your efforts and asking "How can I get like that too".

The guys on this forum can be so fucking toxic wallahi. I feel sorry for the noobs, imagine how much more they could progress if they were comfortable enough to post physique updates where we could all chime in and give them constructive advice, but in reality they'd have a horde DYELs screeching "Homo" at them.

I miss the bodybuilding.com misc wallahi.
I remember bro, absolutely toxic. @TheMadMullah wouldn't shut up until I started posting physique and bloods just to shut him up. Also I've gained a bit of weight, so I'm down on doing a weekly progress thread, advice etc.. So many brothers could benefit wallahi, can't wait for the gyms to open back up. Been doing 300 push ups, and 100 pull ups split into several sets throughout the day and that has been doing me well in terms of keeping my body in check.

I remember bro, absolutely toxic. @TheMadMullah wouldn't shut up until I started posting physique and bloods just to shut him up. Also I've gained a bit of weight, so I'm down on doing a weekly progress thread, advice etc.. So many brothers could benefit wallahi, can't wait for the gyms to open back up. Been doing 300 push ups, and 100 pull ups split into several sets throughout the day and that has been doing me well in terms of keeping my body in check.
They'll either try talk shit and belittle you or shoot their mouth off about shit they don't have the faintest idea about. The ones I hate are the f-gs who will argue with you about shit they have ZERO clue about.

I'm down sxb. Luckily I brought some exercise equipment before the lockdown, but I started a cut due to the complications involved in having a higher bodyfat/BMI catching rona would cause and lost shitton of strength. I'm thinking of avoiding gyms and just buying a powercage, barbell, some plates and just training at home from now on. It'd be more convenient.

Trending