''He wasn't leading, i was the leader''

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
There are many jezebels in this world, and their victims are preordained, RIP to the fallen πŸ™

I Cant Modern Family GIF by HULU

I understand that Islamically, the husband needs to be obeyed, but for many people when certain decisions impact a persons whole life in which there are consequences, it isn’t easy to simply just follow.
Valid points. And in such an event, where the husband wishes to move the family sans the wife being included, then disobey? Did I read that correctly? I am pursuing this line of thought, for I see many Muslim ladies struggle with it, and adopt a laissez-faire approach to Islamic teachings in picking some whilst opting out in others i.e. this applies to me, for I see the benefits, or this applies not to me, for it conveniences my lifestyle. And so forth. I observe such practices in places like Egypt, Kuwait, Maghrib etc.

We’re talking about two different matters. The lady stated he seeks her input about what to do on their free days not on major life decisions. She’s complaining about having to find activities they’d both enjoy together. I’m saying she needs to be involved not that she needs to wear the pants in the relationship. This is only my opinion.
That was the reason I wanted to qualify it by distinguishing major decisions from minor. Masha'Allah, you are terribly too sensible, if mature for a millennia.

it’s fine, I prefer walaal anyways
i do not think @NomadicWarlord realises the word 'walaal' is neutral in that it applies to both lads and lasses.

Valid points. And in such an event, where the husband wishes to move the family sans the wife being included, then disobey?
What do you means β€˜sans’ the wife? He can’t move without her Islamically without her permission. Don’t you mean moving together as a family?
Did I read that correctly? I am pursuing this line of thought, for I see many Muslim ladies struggle with it, and adopt a laissez-faire approach to Islamic teachings in picking some whilst opting out in others i.e. this applies to me, for I see the benefits, or this applies not to me, for it conveniences my lifestyle. And so forth. I observe such practices in places like Egypt, Kuwait, Maghrib etc.
There is a reason why people talk to each other prior to marriage and it’s to have conversations like that. I simply wouldn’t marry a man who thinks he can up and leave whenever and not take my views into account and women can easily put that in their marriage contracts. Similar to how I would never marry a man who think he can come home one day and abruptly try and get me to quit my job. Most women most definitely mention that they want to continue working and most men who marry working women agree to to their wives working and that’s an agreement the couple have formed. Hence it isn’t as simple as oh I can’t follow xyz when it isn’t convenient, it’s literally impacting one’s whole life and sometimes drastically so abs usually goes against core agreements couples have formed prior to marriage.

The thing is, even if your wife was to obey you, if you force her to live where she doesn’t want, away from her family and she’s miserable, it will simply end in divorce. As a man, having hikma is important and honestly maybe leaving such a man is the only solution instead of continuing to disobey him. Islamically leaving a man due to feeling that one will sin with them is completely valid like the case of the wife of Thabit RA. That is what springing major decisions causes.

That was the reason I wanted to qualify it by distinguishing major decisions from minor. Masha'Allah, you are terribly too sensible, if mature for a millennia.

i do not think @NomadicWarlord realises the word 'walaal' is neutral in that it applies to both lads and lasses.

Last edited:
What do you means β€˜sans’ the wife? He can’t move without her Islamically without her permission. Don’t you mean moving together as a family?
Yes, without including the wife in the 'major' decision making process. I could further elaborate it, but am pressed for time - could revisit.

There is a reason why people talk to each other prior to marriage and it’s to have conversations like that. I simply wouldn’t marry a man who thinks he can up and leave whenever and not take my views into account and women can easily put that in their marriage contracts. Similar to how I would never marry a man who think he can come home one day and abruptly try and get me to quit my job.
Of course, before the marriage, it is the lady's prerogative to choose her suitor, agree to terms provided it is not reduced akin to a 'mut3ah', and hope terms are observed. In life though, as humans, that hardly ever comes to pass, as decision are arrived by way of the heart in relationships of the romantic type.

Could you imagine where the world would have been had husbands, say Innovators, Executives, Directors etc, weighed their decisions against wife's happiness?
Most women most definitely mention that they want to continue working and most men who marry working women agree to to their wives working and that’s an agreement the couple have formed. Hence it isn’t as simple as oh I can’t follow xyz when it isn’t convenient, it’s literally impacting one’s whole life and sometimes drastically so abs usually goes against core agreements couples have formed prior to marriage.

The thing is, even if your wife was to obey you, if you force her to live where she doesn’t want, away from her family and she’s miserable, it will simply end in divorce.
This is more common now with 'modern' Muslims, hence the reason I raised the 'pick and choose' phenomenon, a very disconcerting trend.

As a man, having hikma is important and honestly maybe leaving such a man is the only solution instead of continuing to disobey him. Islamically leaving a man due to feeling that one will sin with them is completely valid like the case of the wife of Thabit RA. That is what springing major decisions causes.
Absolutely, reason I prefer using mature, responsible men of the 'kitab', and hopefully of 'hikma', for it is rare and not all men have it, as a measure to gauge social norms, and not the toerags flowing with the wind.