He is a creature unknown to science

Omar del Sur

علم السلف > علم الخلف
VIP
Russia is fighting the West with a Soviet cartoon character known as Cheburashka. Cheburashka sort of looks like like a monkey or a bear but he in fact is "a creature unknown to science". His friend Gena the Crocodile works in the zoo as a crocodile.

25871.jpg

The State Duma urged to promote the ideology of the film “Cheburashka” to children​

"The values of humanism and kindness from the film “Cheburashka” should be promoted against the backdrop of confrontation with Western culture. This was stated by a member of the State Duma Committee on Security and Anti-Corruption Biysultan Khamzaev.

“There is a battle of ideologies going on in the world – cynicism against humanism, good against evil. “Cheburashka” is a good, kind movie, this is our Russian ideology of kindness. This is our ideology on how to work with children and what to promote them,” Khamzaev said at a meeting with students of the Southern Federal University in Rostov-on-Don. His words are quoted by TASS. He added that the values from the domestic film should be opposed to the foreign film Pinocchio, where blacks and transgender people play."

Cheburashka fights Western values with his "ideology of kindness".

here is I think the first Soviet cartoon he is in (with subtitles):

and this is the trailer for the new movie he's in:

Cheburashka outshines Avatar as Russia’s highest-grossing film​

Since its cinematic release on January 1 [2023], Dmitry Dyachenko’s Cheburashka has earned 3,528,556,464 rubles ($51.6 million)

the new movie he's in is outperforming Avatar in Russia.

anyways, I think he is an interesting character and more interesting than Mickey Mouse so I wanted to make a thread on this creature unknown to science.

Trending