A common statement on this forum that pisses me off to no end...

"alHAMDulLIlaH FoR The sOmAli cIVil wAR Back in '91, wiTHOUT it, WE WOuldn'T HavE rETurNED To ALLAh (sWT) SiNCe OuR GrandpAREnts were dEEp In THAT jaAHil LiFestYle bEfOrE"

1718369714826.png

Women in Mogadishu in 1970 pre-war

Bro, heaps of people died? The f*ck are you on?

:mahubowtf:

More to the point, how do you know there wouldn't have been an Islamic revival in our nation in an alternate timeline, had the war not occurred? To make myself clear, I'm not talking about people who see our return to Allah (SWT) as a silver lining of the tragedy, I mean actual idiots who offhandedly brush off the innumerable deaths back then just to give themselves a pat on the back for how on diin they are now.

Especially all of the evil shit that goes on back home with regards to qabyaalad, can we accurately label that as a return to Allah (SWT) 👀

Last edited:

Kizaru

Cast in the name of God Ye not Guilty
civil war was retarded, lot of our people lost their lives in ever corner of our land, No one should celebrate the low iqnimo that happend them

World

VIP
If somalis back home actually became religious salafis after the civil war it would actually be a good thing. And i’m not even a salafi lol.

But they’re not religious at all, they don’t follow Islam and in reality they are less religious than before.

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
VIP
If somalis back home actually became religious salafis after the civil war it would actually be a good thing. And i’m not even a salafi lol.

But they’re not religious at all, they don’t follow Islam and in reality they are less religious than before.

If they don’t follow Islam what do they follow? You’re not being honest. It seems like the biggest problems in Somalia is lack of education and lack of opportunities and lack of free critical thinking which undermines the nations Iq. Extreme religious views is the 2nd main reason for our downfall as a country (the 1st one being the clan conflict) the 3rd reason is lack of education (which explains why haven’t we learned from our shit for the last decades).

Last edited:

mohammdov

Nabadshe
Even if the war had not happened, Somalia would have become more religious
You do not know anything about the history of the Islamic sawah in Somalia

World

VIP
If they don’t follow Islam what do they follow? You’re not being honest. It seems like the biggest problems in Somalia is lack of education and lack of opportunities and lack of free critical thinking which undermines the nations Iq. Extreme religious views is the 2nd main reason for our downfall as a country (the 1st one being the clan conflict) the 3rd reason is lack of education (which explains why haven’t we learned from our shit for the last decades).
Theyre fake religious and dont have any sense of morality or justice. Its all tied to Geeljire nomadic culture, and they would be same whether they were salafi, sufi, atheist, christian. This tribalism culture is incompatible with civilisation and modern nation states.

Last edited:
Lol Islamic dawah had been active in Somalia well before the civil war, salafist organisations were present during the eighties, even my own mother and aunt was a member of the jamiat Islam and so were many other relatives. You make it seem like we had a choice between a civil war to bring back religiosity or carrying on as secular, when that simply wasn’t the case.

Have you ever been to Somalia?

You have a habit of saying that anything that happens in a 'Muslim country' is Islamic. This is like me saying woke California respects Christianity and the Christian West.

Just straight up accusations nothing to back it with . I’ve been to somali towns and cities kids won’t even go school until they finish the Quran kulaha not religious

be serious cuz

I hate people like @World with a passion cause they love to generalise sadly this is the problem with all people not just Somalis . They’re the type to group 20 million plus people with their world view which half of the time isn’t accurate.

quote :

Theyre fake religious and dont have any sense of morality or justice.

30 million people plus are fake religious. Really bro fear Allah you bila adeeb

I used to be around kids with half torn out clothing and nothing but wood boards and empty water bottles filled with ink spending from morning to Maghreb memorising and writing quran Surahs.

used to see kids walk in the heat reading nothing but Quran making it to their dugsi hot as hell.

And I got people who lived in the west generalising them and even a redittor making takfir or people on somali spot generalising them calling them less religious.

every society has their mistakes and has fitna where not different but stop with the fucking exaggerations.

wonyluvr

prima hablood 𝜗𝜚⋆₊˚
VIP
I hate people like @World with a passion cause they love to generalise sadly this is the problem with all people not just Somalis . They’re the type to group 20 million plus people with their world view which half of the time isn’t accurate.

quote :

30 million people plus are fake religious. Really bro fear Allah you bila adeeb
I won’t let him forget this
Theyre talking about nomadic Somalis. Obviously they would hate Arabs since Somalis were enslaved by them. Coastal somali areas however all had an Arab presence and were usually ruled by Arab sultanates.

World

VIP
Just straight up accusations nothing to back it with . I’ve been to somali towns and cities kids won’t even go school until they finish the Quran kulaha not religious

be serious cuz
And they kill random children for belonging to the wrong qabiil, they specifically target innocent quran teachers and doctors because they're seen as a worthy kill. How many people were against freeing the man that burnt his house with his family inside? Because there were entire crowds of thousands of niqabis protesting that he should be freed, and offering to marry him, there were somali men offering to burn their own sisters to he should be freed, even government ministers. An entire society mobilising for a worthless looser whose only contribution is murdering his pregnant wife.

This is not a religious society.

Last edited:
And they kill random children for belonging to the wrong qabiil, they specifically target innocent quran teachers and doctors because they're seen as a worthy kill. How many people were against freeing the man that burnt his house with his family inside that killed his pregnant wife? Because there were entire crowds of thousands of niqabis protesting that he should be freed, and offering to marry him, there were somali men offering to burn their own sisters to he should be freed.

This is not a religious society.

every society has their mistakes and has fitna where not different but stop with the fucking exaggerations.

Abu Malik al-Ash’ari reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Four traits in my nation are among the affairs of ignorance that they have not abandoned: boasting over status, disparaging over lineage, seeking rain by the stars, and wailing over the dead.

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 934

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Muslim

Abu Malik al-Ash’ari reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Four traits in my nation are among the affairs of ignorance that they have not abandoned: boasting over status, disparaging over lineage, seeking rain by the stars, and wailing over the dead.

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 934

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Muslim

Commentary :

boasting over status, disparaging over lineage,

These are the main two I’m highlighting

Trending