Have you met a gay Somali?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Atiya

Met quite a few. Met one in a shopping centre (he was wearing makeup and high heels lol). Another guy is my cousins neighbour so whenever I'm at her house we see him walking down the road with the skinniest jeans and lipstick and mascara on and his eyebrows are always on FLEEEEEEEK! He also lives with his religious parents who I think know of his sexuality and I'm surprised they haven't attempted to kill him which is what I would do if my son was gay (Allah forbid). Also one Somali chick I used to go to primary school with in my old area I used to live in grew up to be a butch lesbian. A family friend also have a lesbian daughter although she isn't open about it and they never confirm it, but I know she is a lezzy. :diddyswag:

Walaahi this is a true story.

A gringo I used to play football with told me that his gay doctor brother has a Somali boyfriend. He added, the Somali boyfriend is a father of 6 children who was pressured culturally to marry and is now separated from his Somali wife. I told him he was making it up. Then one Saturday morning, he calls and asks me, do you want to meet my brother and his Somali boyfriend to prove to you I wasn't lying? I said yes. When we got there, he introduced to me his brother and Ahmed by the pretext that I was Tanzanian. Months later, I met Ahmed with his, wife, children, family and friends in Ciid prayers. He saw me speaking in Somali to people we both knew. He pulled me to the side and first attempted to convince me in Somali culture only the reciever is a homosexual and he never left his wife. He told me he was attracted to white futo male and asked me to keep his secrets. He even invited me to his daughter's wedding which I didn't attend.

The moral of the story is, there are more closeted homosexuals in the Somali community because of culturally stigma and they are afraid to be disowned by their families. I don't care who is straight or a fag, infact my philosophy is if most Somali men become fags, it is an advantage to me. It means more available Halimos. Please Lamagoodleey men, become homosexuals.

Q

Queen Carawelo

Met quite a few. Met one in a shopping centre (he was wearing makeup and high heels lol). Another guy is my cousins neighbour so whenever I'm at her house we see him walking down the road with the skinniest jeans and lipstick and mascara on and his eyebrows are always on FLEEEEEEEK! He also lives with his religious parents who I think know of his sexuality and I'm surprised they haven't attempted to kill him which is what I would do if my son was gay (Allah forbid). Also one Somali chick I used to go to primary school with in my old area I used to live in grew up to be a butch lesbian. A family friend also have a lesbian daughter although she isn't open about it and they never confirm it, but I know she is a lezzy. :diddyswag:
What happened to the queer that was about to marry your friend?lol

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP

A gringo I used to play football with told me that his gay doctor brother has a Somali boyfriend. He added, the Somali boyfriend is a father of 6 children who was pressured culturally to marry and is now separated from his Somali wife. I told him he was making it up. Then one Saturday morning, he calls and asks me, do you want to meet my brother and his Somali boyfriend to prove to you I wasn't lying? I said yes. When we got there, he introduced to me his brother and Ahmed by the pretext that I was Tanzanian. Months later, I met Ahmed with his, wife, children, family and friends in Ciid prayers. He saw me speaking in Somali to people we both knew. He pulled me to the side and first attempted to convince me in Somali culture only the reciever is a homosexual and he never left his wife. He told me he was attracted to white futo male and asked me to keep his secrets. He even invited me to his daughter's wedding which I didn't attend.

The moral of the story is, there are more closeted homosexuals in the Somali community because of culturally stigma and they are afraid to be disowned by their families. I don't care who is straight or a fag, infact my philosophy is if most Somali men become fags, it is an advantage to me. It means more available Halimos. Please Lamagoodleey men, become homosexuals.

The trolling is just too much!

6a0120a95a88d5970b01b7c7682d66970b-pi

A

Atiya

What happened to the queer that was about to marry your friend?lol

Yes he is a distant family member, I don't like to mention him or acknowledge him because that would force me to acknowledge I'm associated with a khaniis that is cursed by God. The girl was also a cousin not a friend.:damedamn:

Q

Queen Carawelo

Yes he is a distant family member, I don't like to mention him or acknowledge him because that would force me to acknowledge I'm associated with a khaniis that is cursed by God. The girl was also a cousin not a friend.:damedamn:
So are they married? :diddyswag:

You're an unbelievable troll.

:diddyswag:

A

Atiya

That doesn't even need to happen, Somali girls are freely throwing themselves at black men. :diddyswag:

How am I a troll? I don't care if a Somali becomes gay, atheist, or a mermaid. Why would I care? It would have been better to accept these gay men as normal human beings rather than pressure them into heterosexual marriages and forced to breed just to lead a double life and despise it. If that happens, thousands of married Somali men will come out of the closet. Which one do you prefer? Closet or out of the closet. The former means more available Halimos. Since you live in Canada, did you watch the gay (Abdulahi Yusuf) looking MJ guy who hosts a gay and lesbian show on some queer TV in Toronto. I saw one of his YouTube clips. Would you rather force him to marry because that way, your clan won't be embarrassed? Or, will you let him to be who he is?

Sienna

I know but I reached a stage where I don't give a f*ck about the choices others make. Somalis treat someone who is a mass murderer and killed Somali children, elderly and women like a hero because he fought for their clan and then turn around and complain about a fag, an atheist and raise the religious card. Hypocrites.

They exist, deal with it, otherwise, act like you are in charge of every Somali's view about morals, values and ethics.

SOMALIA
- Somali Culture and Homosexuality (Somali Gay Community Website): Homosexuality in Somalian communities is as extensive as in any other ethnic community, the only difference is that it’s done in private and secrecy thus not openly visible. Arab and Muslim governments turn a blind eye to homosexual practices as long as it stays in the dark. But conspicuous punishments await those who dare to test the limits of the law. In several occasions when gays came to the open and in case a gay marriage was conducted, they had to face the shame of the community and the hand of law. (Bashir Goth)... Gay and Lesbian Somalians who are in Somalia have no official recognition and live under a constant cloud of fear, as homosexuality is often punished with lashing, being ostracised from families and communities and even death! This is not an exaggeration as many of our brothers and sisters have been made to suffer inhumane reprimands or killed. Therefore, being Somali and gay can be difficult. Living secret lives and not sharing your ideas and feelings with those you have close contact with in life is not an easy thing. Many flee their homes to escape possible torture or “honour killings”. Some become accustomed with living double lives. Some are out to their families, not necessary by choice. Homosexuality is discussed in Somali households mainly in a negative way. Families tend to know or suspect their children but the problem arises when the son or daughter admits to his/her sexuality...

ball2b.gif
Gay Somalis in London Launch Community Website (2007): A new website, Somali Gay Community, has been launched to serve the small gay Somali community in London – and beyond. It is believed to be the first of its kind in Somali history and culture anywhere in the world. - Somali gays supporting each other (2009): Five Somali friends currently living in London recognised a need for a support network for other gay and lesbian Somalis in the United Kingdom... The launch of our website was greeted with horror, disgust and rage, James said. The Somali people around the world did not want to know that we existed and that homosexuality was not just a -˜Western social problem’, as they wanted to believe, but a Somali one too... The website received over 133,000 hits in the first week and regularly receives over 20,000 hits a day. There is a huge demand for the service we provide. We currently have 752 registered members. Most visitors won’t register their details for fear of being found out. There are also 35 people who regularly attend our monthly support group and we work with around 20 clients helping them with charities and service providers, James said. The website receives around 45 messages a day from users. People tell us the website gave them the opportunity to find out about the lives of other Somali homosexuals who face similar hardships in not only accepting one’s sexuality but also dealing with homophobia. Many thought they were the only Somali gays in the world.

ball2b.gif
Death hangs over Somali queers (2004, Alternate Link): Faro, is one of the leaders of Queer Somalia, a community based organisation based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. He makes frequent visits to Somalia to make contact with small groups of queers there and on a recent visit he sent back startling information that shows that for gay and lesbian people in Somalia the issue of death looms large. Whether through suicide following pressure from families or via loosely applied Islamic law that is uncontrolled due to the lack of a central government, their greatest fear is death—a sentence that can be brought upon them just for being homosexual, or for being perceived to be homosexual. - Queer somalis talk to new president (2004): The group's Executive Director, Hadiyo "Boston" Jimcale, said the new president promised to her that under his government all Somalis would be safe, over a telephone conversation she had with the president on Wednesday. She stated that the country's new laws (put in the books in 2000 by a worldwide recognized temporary national government in Mogadishu) call for all Somalis to be treated equal under the law, regardless of their sexualities or religious beliefs..

ball2b.gif
Somali lesbians sentenced to death. (2001, Alternate Link): A Somali lesbian couple has been sentenced to death by an Islamic court in Bosaso, the commercial capital of the self-declared autonomous region of Puntland, northeast Somalia, according to IRIN and other media. It is the first case of its kind in culturally conservative Somalia, where homosexuality is prohibited. They were taken to the Bosaso Islamic court on 19 February, where they said they living together as "man and wife". The Bosaso court found the two unnamed women guilty of "exercising unnatural behaviour" and sentenced them to death by stoning in a verdict difficult to defend even within the Muslim Shari'a laws. - Somali 'lesbian sentences' denied. (2001): Police in Puntland have denied a story widely reported in Somalia that two women were sentenced to death for being lesbians. According to Mogadishu newspapers, the women were reported to have been found guilty of "exercising unnatural behaviour" by having a lesbian relationship. But police in Boosaaso, where the sentence was reported to have been passed, say the case never came before the courts.

ball2b.gif
Soul mates: The price of being gay in Somalia (2006, Alternate Link): A year after meeting, the boys had "accidental" sex one night. "We were just playing and it just happened," says Sakariye. Well, it happened and happened and happened. For another three years, the boys had sex on a regular basis. In Somalia, where the couple is from, it is not uncommon for boys to have sex with each other. What is uncommon, however, that these boys' sexual "experiments" had gone beyond the age usually expected to stop. At the age of 16 and 17, the boys were still having sex. "After a certain time, I couldn't imagine living without him." Abdulle says. So, love came and knocked on their doors.

http://www.ucalgary.ca/sw/ramsay/africa/somalia-djibouti-eritrea.htm

I knew few feminine guys back home when I was young but I can't say for sure whether they were gay or not. And there is very small Somali community where I live so I haven't met one in real life.

Unless the ones on the net count. And if that's the case, then I might have met two: AbdiJohnson & ciddhartha. :troll:

Seriously though, I might be biased here (taking into account my male brain) but when I hear about lesbians I go :ahh:.
But when it comes to male homosexuals I am like :idontlike:.

:kobeok:

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
How am I a troll? I don't care if a Somali becomes gay, atheist, or a mermaid. Why would I care? It would have been better to accept these gay men as normal human beings rather than pressure them into heterosexual marriages and forced to breed just to lead a double life and despise it. If that happens, thousands of married Somali men will come out of the closet. Which one do you prefer? Closet or out of the closet. The former means more available Halimos. Since you live in Canada, did you watch the gay (Abdulahi Yusuf) looking MJ guy who hosts a gay and lesbian show on some queer TV in Toronto. I saw one of his YouTube clips. Would you rather force him to marry because that way, your clan won't be embarrassed? Or, will you let him to be who he is?

You keep exposing who you really are. lol Just to let you know, Lali Mohamed is your cousin. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts