Have you met a gay Somali?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it's long been reported as a myth. I would assume that 2% of the general population is homosexual.

In the Somali community, the figure is probably much less than 2%.

It's around 10%.

I know at least 6-7 open Somali gays myself Kaafiye. All from just West Ottawa.

Imagine the ones who are closeted. And the ones that I've missed.

There's possibly 750 gay Somali guys in Ottawa out of our 10,000 population.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
It's 10%.

I know at least 6-7 open Somali gays myself Kaafiye. All from just West Ottawa.

Imagine the ones who are closeted. And the ones that I've missed.

There's possibly 750 gay Somali men in Ottawa out of our 10,000 population.

Kaafyie is right. 10% is too high a number. The real number is more likely to be 2-3%. But it's hard to know cos most Somali gays are in the closet.

Which nation has a 10% gay population?

Kaafyie is right. 10% is too high a number. The real number is more likely to be 2-3%. But it's hard to know cos most Somali gays are in the closet.

Which nation has a 10% gay population?

Most gays hide their orientation.

You really think only 2 out of 100 people are gay/bisexual?

Q

Queen Carawelo

There was this guy who killed himself, he was half Oromo and had a Somali mother. He went to school with my friend and I would see him around, the guy was pretty religious. He came out to his mom and she was devastated. He burned himself in his car.

There's also 2 guys I know but they're not fully out.

I know bunch of lesbians, they regularly go to gay clubs and most of them have double lives@Duchess you know who I'm talking about right lol

Apollo

VIP
Study: The prevalence of homosexual behavior and attraction in the United States, the United Kingdom and France: results of national population-based samples.
Researchers determining the prevalence of homosexuality in nationally representative samples have focused upon determining the prevalence of homosexual behavior, ignoring those individuals whose sexual attraction to the same sex had not resulted in sexual behavior. We examine the use of sexual attraction as well as sexual behavior to estimate the prevalence of homosexuality in the United States, the United Kingdom, and France using the Project HOPE International Survey of AIDS-Risk Behaviors. We find that 8.7, 7.9, and 8.5% of males and 11.1, 8.6, and 11.7% of females in the United States, the United Kingdom, and France, respectively, report some homosexual attraction but no homosexual behavior since age 15. Further, considering homosexual behavior and homosexual attraction as different but overlapping dimensions of homosexuality, we find 20.8, 16.3, and 18.5% of males, and 17.8, 18.6, and 18.5% of females in the United States, the United Kingdom, and France report either homosexual behavior or homosexual attraction since age 15. Examination of homosexual behavior separately finds that 6.2, 4.5, and 10.7% of males and 3.6, 2.1, and 3.3% of females in the United States, the United Kingdom, and France, respectively, report having had sexual contact with someone of the same sex in the previous 5 years. Our findings highlight the importance of using more than just homosexual behavior to examine the prevalence of homosexuality.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7611844

Wow it is much higher than I thought:vqbuyv0:

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
There was this guy who killed himself, he was half Oromo and had a Somali mother. He went to school with my friend and I would see him around, the guy was pretty religious. He came out to his mom and she was devastated. He burned himself in his car.

There's also 2 guys I know but they're not fully out.

I know bunch of lesbians, they regularly go to gay clubs and most of them have double lives@Duchess you know who I'm talking about right lol

If only they knew. She's semi-famous. :hemad:

T

Tokio

dumarka iyo xanta maxa kala heysta niyow. inanta wax u sheega o lataliya.

T

Tokio

if speaking doesn't work, timaheedi rif ban ku idhi bastarada.

I read a Psychology report long time ago which stated that in most cases homosexual tendencies and inklings in men develope due to a lack of father figure in their life. So that thirst for the same sex is just a psychological substitution an actual need for parental (male) affection.

So considering my estimate rate of absentee fathers in the somali community in the west, its safe to say there are numerous knaniis faraxs running around both inside the closet and outside the closet. @bored

T

Tokio

:whoo:
aniga xilka ka la waregaya, suunkeyga baan ku labo rogi doona :leobite: markasey wadada saxda ah ku dhici bahasha isnacdey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts