Have Any of You Made Friends At Work?

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
Nope, I just clock in & out without a word. However, one of the receptionists is a really nice old man.

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
I'm the type of person who like to talk at work :hemad:
Do you gossip? Spill the tea, sis.
Drama Popcorn GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

Tell Tea Time GIF by Dreezy

You can only be friends with coworkers at retail/minimum wage jobs since nobody real cares it is not their career plus how many times have you had that one coworker you would joke around with and say "I'll quit when you quit"
:pachah1:

Once you hit corporate, especially in professions such as consulting, law, and banking where you are hired in a batch/recruitment class and there's an up-or-out policy ( achieve a certain rank within a certain period of time. If you fail to do so you are basically shown the front door). Nobodys your friend everybody chasing their own interest, trying to get that promotion, and will use any vulnerable information you give them against you.

TLDR Corporate is filled with a bunch of The 48 laws of power merchants who are eagerly waiting to use their newly gained information on you hence it's impossible to be their friend. You may see it as a friendship but they are just getting as much info on you as they can before they have to bury you.

When you and your work "friend" are going for that same promotion.
1676855976740.png

A Mean Guy

Minister of Ajanabi Affairs
I work for a start up (20 person) and I'm the only non-white person (I dare you to say i'm a diversity hire :nasmad:)
They always invite me for after work drinks and dinner but I have to decline or leave early because i cant keep drinking lemonade and coke while they get drunk.
I mostly keep them as acquaintances. Also it doesn't help that they're all posh and im not.
"I went to 19 different countries and spent the summer at my families second home in France, have you ever been to another country, Amin?"
Uh Oh Omg GIF by ESPN

But they're good people tho. I like them.

Last edited:
Nobody at work is actually your friend. They'd throw you under the bus to save themselves in a heartbeat. Keep shit surface level and vague, don't give the fuckers any ammo.

Trending