Hargeisa: The Somali metropolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
From Garrisa to Hargeisa Hotels are the only thing Somalis can build.
:bell:

It's getting ridiculous! They'll build a nice hotel when the road front it is in cardiac arrest :camby:

There's trash everywhere

Just few feet away you have a 7 member family living in a room hit made of metallic junkyard parts:camby::susp:

Waa ba habaar to stay in such a luxury when someone is living in such a condition few feet away

It's getting ridiculous! They'll build a nice hotel when the road front it is in cardiac arrest :camby:

There's trash everywhere

Just few feet away you have a 7 member family living in a room hit made of metallic junkyard parts:camby::susp:

Waa ba habaar to stay in such a luxury when someone is living in such a condition few feet away
In jig jiga I slept in a good hotel. Every morning half the street urchins would come to wash my feet instead of going to school. I just left the hotel and lived in the mountains with my relatives. Power cuts tho smh.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
More time and dedication is put on building hotels because they make money and the unemployment shrinks

BUT If roads where built it would pay off alot more shipment and transports would arrive faster, taxis can pick up more people the bus aswell, Traffic would be less,

With the incoming road rules and road signs they should implement someone who fines people for parking

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
More time and dedication is put on building hotels because they make money and the unemployment shrinks

BUT If roads where built it would pay off alot more shipment and transports would arrive faster, taxis can pick up more people the bus aswell, Traffic would be less,

With the incoming road rules and road signs they should implement someone who fines people for parking

You can build roads and signs but corruption is deep in their bone marrow. That idiot traffic cop will stop you and say "inaadeer bal in yar ii dhiib"

El padrone

Hedonist, Depressive realist, Existential nihilist
Beautiful Mashallah but do the rooms and the hotel actually look like that or are they catfishing?
They legit look like that. cant u see the guy checking in the hotel. imagine us going there for our sexy time and eating your malab such posh hotel in otherwise dusty city! :banderas:

El padrone

Hedonist, Depressive realist, Existential nihilist
Nice. But what's with Somalis and hotels? Be creative. Every sector needs investment.
this is private investments. infrastructure needs public investment.

all other sectors we covered. indeed we have the most innovative telecom, finance, transport etc.

Mercury

VIP
One thing I dont get with the hotels back home is theres many so why even consider building one It cant be lucrative unless its popular and well known like summertime,green plaza

The cost of building the hotel,furniture alone within 1 year Probably dont even come close to all the money spent on it

If theres something people back home should invest in and build than is stuff that arent arent there

Like a eggplant, than sell the eggs to hotels and restaurant cause I know sometimes they had no eggs in the town

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
One thing I dont get with the hotels back home is theres many so why even consider building one It cant be lucrative unless its popular and well known like summertime,green plaza

The cost of building the hotel,furniture alone within 1 year Probably dont even come close to all the money spent on it

If theres something people back home should invest in and build than is stuff that arent arent there

Like a eggplant, than sell the eggs to hotels and restaurant cause I know sometimes they had no eggs in the town
Yh why not build a school or a hospital or improve a police station or other productive things. Instead there are 20 hotels in every neighbourhood and a new one opens weekly.

Last edited:

Mercury

VIP
Yh why not build a school or a hospital or improve police station or other productive things. Instead there are 20 hotels in every neighbourhood and a new one opens weekly.
At this point its like Monkey see Monkey do hebel build that Im gonna build one aswell

Build a go kart arena, build a kindergarten, build a house for Dhaqan Celis kids and charge per kid, theres many things to do

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Looks pretty good, I was telling my dad that I might take winter holidays in Mogadishu his year but he is steering me towards Hargeisa:farmajoyaab:

I know a guy who works in a huge hotel and he told men the owner doesn't earn a lot of money to cover the hotel bills

It's a useless investment it's best to create a company or invest in another sector rather than build a hotel in every neighborhood

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I agree on the hotels market being saturated, but unfortunately Somali's only know sometimes to copy eachother.:manny:

If someone invested in a Chicken Farm they would probably make more money than any of these hotels and it would be cheaper.:yacadiim:

Gambar

VIP
I know a guy who works in a huge hotel and he told men the owner doesn't earn a lot of money to cover the hotel bills

It's a useless investment it's best to create a company or invest in another sector rather than build a hotel in every neighborhood
Why doesn't he earn a lot of money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts