Halima Aden quits runway modelling over religious views

Can I say I know exactly how she feels. It's like there's this weight on your chest, you always be looking around like as if your turning into a street. Can't handle it.

I like Halima, but I hate that she tries to make us seem like we have inferiority complexes toward lighter skin .

Halima: “Being Somali and being African, beauty for us was always about the lighter skinned girls who were considered to be beautiful. " :hova:

she doesn't seem to get the jist that Somalis care much more about facial features and hair texture than mere colour

A lot of Somalis nowadays value lighter skin more than pretty facial features.

A lot of Somalis nowadays value lighter skin more than pretty facial features.
Because of filthy bollywood. We seriously need a good entertainment industry over there ASAP. First we need to destroy this stupid ceeb culture that’s holding back the creatives amongst us :fittytousand:

At least she will have wicked stories to tell her children one day :salute:"When i was your age I appeared on the cover of Vouge":banderas:

Emily

🥰🥰🥰
VIP
Good for her
Hijab and runway modeling don’t go together anyway.
I remember when she was rolling in a dirty water with her makeup melting for sports illustrated photoshoot , they did her dirty . She should’ve stand up for herself. No self respecting model would’ve accepted that .

Last edited:
You don't need to speculate om another persons decisions that doesnt afflict you in anyway. She has every right to take any decisions she wants, shes a grown women. If her mother works as a reminder for her then that is admirable❤
Aren't you doing the exact same thing you're accusing me of doing? LOOL. Relax bud it ain't that deep. I'm commenting based on my observations.

Maybe something bad happened to her.. You know this industry is very dirty as exposed in the metoo campaign and countless other times.
Allahu aclaam I don't know. I just hope she's okay.

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
I don’t know how Muslims do modelling, acting and all that crap so open for everyone to see and for so long. Don’t they feel regretful? How is that possible?

My biggest weakness is looking at women secretly and I still feel disgust everytime I do it and always imagine how I will be questioned in the afterlife.

Committing sins open is worse than doing it in secret.

I don’t know how Muslims do modelling, acting and all that crap so open for everyone to see and for so long. Don’t they feel regretful? How is that possible?

My biggest weakness is looking at women secretly and I still feel disgust everytime I do it and always imagine how I will be questioned in the afterlife.

Committing sins open is worse than doing it in secret.
To be fair, she was covered. But, I believe that this quest for representation by our generation is ridiculous. We as Muslims do not need to seek representation in every single space. These industries contradict our values for sure, and I'm certain that anyone who goes into these fields knows what they're getting themselves into. They have to, unless they're naive (which I highly doubt).