Half-Somalis, a Case Study

Status
Not open for further replies.
d76a2369-0163-406e-8bcb-c777473158d5_max.jpg

Amir Adan - Half Somali Half Swede.

I don't know why but Northern and Western European and Somali usually yields Mediterranean. He sort of looks Sicilian. I wouldn't say exactly say Egyptian since they have ruined themselves by eating wheat and fool religiously, along with shisha smoking and excessive tea drinking. Let that be a warning to you Somalis. You too can degrade you genetics with poor food choices.
Wheat and beans beats bariis and baasto. That's why 80% of somali adult women are overweight and many men with pot bellies. Our tea is the worst tea since we put the most sugar in it on average but that's because we barely have any desserts. Khat makes shisha nothing in terms of health

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Wheat and beans beats bariis and baasto. That's why 80% of somali adult women are overweight and many men with pot bellies. Our tea is the worst tea since we put the most sugar in it on average but that's because we barely have any desserts. Khat makes shisha nothing in terms of health

My sentiments, exactly. Wheat isn't problematic. It's how it is prepared and the fact that it is over-consumed that is the issue. We are looking worse with each generation. And probably experiencing more dental caries and facial asymmetry because of it. Just look at the nomads of yester and compare them with the youth of today. Bear in mind, most of these kids actually need braces to look somewhat redeeming, while those in the past did not have access and looked better.

Last edited:
My sentiments, exactly. Wheat isn't problematic. It's how it is prepared and the fact that it is over-consumed that is the issue. We are looking worse with each generation. And probably experiencing more dental caries and facial asymmetry because of it. Just look at the nomads of yester and compare them with the youth of today. Bear in mind, most of these kids actually need braces to look somewhat redeeming, while those in the past did not have access and looked better.
Why is it that majority of somali kids need braces? Is it the poor diet or genetic.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Why is it that majority of somali kids need braces? Is it the poor diet or genetic.

They are not alone. Dental misalignment/crowding is probably a combination of diet, lifestyle along with form and function. For some reason, their dental arches are not broad enough to accommodate all their teeth. I can't tell you why but I can give you pointers on how to help the not-yet-born.

1. Long term breast feeding (over one-year) can help to build a strong arch.
2. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, E, D and K can help.
3. Oral posture is key - that means keeping your tongue on
the roof of your mouth with your lips together and mouth shut (it works for adults too).
4. Chew equally on both sides of your mouth.
5. Sit up straight and start eating tougher food since harder foods in your diet require more mechanical
movement of the teeth (compared to processed/softer foods which can contribute to teeth misalignment).
6. Maternal nutrition can also play a role.
7. Chew your food thoroughly.
8. Chewing resin gum can help as well.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Interesting, hit and miss depending on the individual. I know that my genes will be absolutely obliterated if i marry out. I have cousins who have married out and their kids look nothing Somali :jcoleno:

Joesph Muktaar

I am the Andy Dufernse of this site
Interesting, hit and miss depending on the individual. I know that my genes will be absolutely obliterated if i marry out. I have cousins who have married out and their kids look nothing Somali :jcoleno:
Even me, people say I look Arab and if a Marry a CaDaan or Something other than Somali, They won'the look somali.

Apollo

VIP

I have half Finnish nieces and nephews. They look like Central Asians with Mongoloid-ish faces and straight Mong hair.

Oddly enough their mother looks like a normal Nordic person and their father like a normal Somali. Something weird happened.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I have half Finnish nieces and nephews. They look like Central Asians with Mongoloid-ish faces and straight Mong hair.

Oddly enough their mother looks like a normal Nordic person and their father like a normal Somali. Something weird happened.

Shake up her family tree and a North East Asian might fall out? :damedamn:You never know.

Joesph Muktaar

I am the Andy Dufernse of this site

I have a Half Bosnian cousins they have blue eyes and blonde hair and have a yellowish white skin tone.

I have a half Arab cousin

I have a half Black cousin that looks bantu.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe

Recessive genes on the mothers side perhaps :cosbyhmm:

Apollo

VIP
Did Genghis Khan really make that much of an impact? Or does this go back even further? :farmajoyaab:

Nah, some proto-Eskimo-like people lived in Finland and Northwestern Russia before Europeans moved in. But people on the internet like to troll Finns and Russians for their Mongoloid-esque looks.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
I have cousins who have married out and their kids look nothing Somali :jcoleno:
I have an aunt who married a white Canadian convert and had two kids with him, and from what I've heard her kids look so different from her that when she takes them to the doctor they assume she adopted them
:kendrickcry:

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
I have an aunt who married a white Canadian convert and had two kids with him, and from what I've heard her kids look so different from her that when she takes them to the doctor they assume she adopted them
:kendrickcry:

That must hurt :mjlol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending