Growing up Somali

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiricLover

Qalanjo
image.jpg
This was our Quran table but in green, man the memories are flooding back :mjlol:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
I remember going to this Arabic mosque where the teacher told us to learn Arabic because he said you can't be a true muslim without speaking and writing in Arabic.
:what1:

That teacher should have been slapped.

everybody gets jus clearing parties doe

but guest speakers and lockers? :tocry:
Yes lockers and guest speakers. We even had a Somali guest speaker from Texas, turns out he was a long lost relative. :rejoice:

That teacher should have been slapped.

Yes lockers and guest speakers. We even had a Somali guest speaker from Texas, turns out he was a long lost relative. :rejoice:

I was very young at that time the Arab Macalin used to say this to all the Somali parents and they used to believe him. We used to have conversations in Arabic lol fun times

waraabe

Your superior
I used to have Quran period back in my hargeisa school

Those beatings tho:mjcry:

When the macalin realises you didn't read your Quran and he makes this face :diddyass: before putting you through what African Americans went thru 300 years ago

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Lol macalins were sadists tbh.

From collective whippings to holding stress positions I done seen it all.

You just gotta charge it to the game :lol:

Lol I remember one of my earlier macalins always remembering us the kids to boycott Coca Cola, Disney and basically everything because they're all supporters of Israel

Growing up as Somali in the west:

1) Get use to Somali men coming over the weekend to your house doing Khat with your dad and blasting music.

2) Get sent to a shitty Islamic school that costs $500 a month because your parents don't want you to go to school with those "gaalos"(infidels).

3) Get sent to dugsi and have bunch of psychologically retarded with anger issues and who are violent teach you the Quran.

4) Experience child abuse from dugsi teachers and everyone seems to be okay with it.

5) Experience some Somali women coming over to your mom's house, be surprised that my both parents work and don't get assistance from the government. Openly discuss that staying at home, producing more children will get you more money from the government and that my mom should quit her job. What great way to teach children about work ethic.

6) Deal with other family members stupidity and put up with it. "Hey abaayo(my mom) can you hold my children(5 of these fuckers) today because my deadbeat religious husband won't hold them and I need to go the mall with my friends."

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ

1) Get use to Somali men coming over the weekend to your house doing Khat with your dad and blasting music.

2) Get sent to a shitty Islamic school that costs $500 a month because your parents don't want you to go to school with those "gaalos"(infidels).

3) Get sent to dugsi and have bunch of psychologically retarded with anger issues and who are violent teach you the Quran.

4) Experience child abuse from dugsi teachers and everyone seems to be okay with it.

5) Experience some Somali women coming over to your mom's house, be surprised that my both parents work and don't get assistance from the government. Openly discuss that staying at home, producing more children will get you more money from the government and that my mom should quit her job. What great way to teach children about work ethic.

6) Deal with other family members stupidity and put up with it. "Hey abaayo(my mom) can you hold my children(5 of these fuckers) today because my deadbeat religious husband won't hold them and I need to go the mall with my friends."

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Yeah I mean some of that shit happens but those can't be the highlights of your childhood

What a complete self-hating insane atheist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts