Growing up Somali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merca

Inactive.
There have been too many hateful threads lately, so I thought we should make a positive thread instead about things that you remember from your childhood while growing up in a Somali household. Let me start;

* the dugsi was the place where things happened! I remember my teacher... :mjlol: May Allah bless him.
* used to play with the Somali children in my neighborhood, they were so nosy but so funny. :chrisfreshhah:Drama always occurred.
* the calooley and hilib geel.. omg I miss it :banderas:
* my mother used to feed me canjeero with shaax and sugar :banderas::banderas:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Ayeeyo telling us about dhaqdheer and Arawelo in the dark.

Cousins visiting us from out of state and having snow fights with the neighbour hood cadaan kids.

Telling the teacher that it's against our somali culture to do home work for a whole quarter in the school year until he called my parents and asked them. :chrisfreshhah:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
growing up in Dixon road was paradise

jokes aside it was a vibrant community where everyone knew everyone. dugsi on saturday and sunday from 12-3. go home and eat a quick lunch, pack your snacks and go outside. come back in for dinner. go back out until 11-12 and rinse repeat every single weekend. chill under the stars as all the aaboos talk about the good ol' days.

what a life.

my dugsi was especially lit considering we got like 7 macalins in the span of what? 9 years of going there? shidd. we drove away so many promising people away from Dixon never to be heard from again.

Merca

Inactive.
Ayeeyo telling us about dhaqdheer and Arawelo in the dark.

Cousins visiting us from out of state and having snow fights with the neighbour hood cadaan kids.

Telling the teacher that it's against our somali culture to do home work for a whole quarter in the school year until he called my parents and asked them. :chrisfreshhah:
:dead::dead::dead: That cracked me up LMAO

Merca

Inactive.

jokes aside it was a vibrant community where everyone knew everyone. dugsi on saturday and sunday from 12-3. go home and eat a quick lunch, pack your snacks and go outside. come back in for dinner. go back out until 11-12 and rinse repeat every single weekend. chill under the stars as all the aaboos talk about the good ol' days.

what a life.

my dugsi was especially lit considering we got like 7 macalins in the span of what? 9 years of going there? shidd. we drove away so many promising people away from Dixon never to be heard from again.
I kind of miss my childhood because it was so chill :banderas:

Hafez

VIP
When a Somali friend does crazy sh*t. A Somali guy I know pretended he had Jinn inside him in class and the teacher called an ambulance.

what a life.

Life of a free roam child :wow:

Merca

Inactive.
It's probably the funniest sht I've seen. Nigga was flipping his hand all over the place and legit acting crazy.
:chrisfreshhah:
I don't think the cadaan teacher knew how to deal with it.
:manny:
Was the dacas waiting on him at home though? My parents would kill me :chrisfreshhah:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Eid at woodbine center

:banderas:

Jumping madows in elementary and middle school before their X gene kicked in

Going to dugsi to refine your boxing technique

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Eid at woodbine center

Jumping madows in elementary and middle school before their X gene kicked in

Going to dugsi to refine your boxing technique

gKqNY.gif

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I don't know if it became shit after I left but it was lit back in the early to mid 90s :lol:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
woodbine was beyond lit

lit don't even describe the place

it actually made me cadaan kids jealous

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
i only lol'd because only true toronto people even know about woodbine

that was in-secret for west and east-end kids

my niggas trekked from scarborough to hit the cars early :ohhhdamn:

Status
Not open for further replies.