Golden Parade of Pharaohs

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
A parade of 22 ancient Egyptian royal mummies
606968787152d8397cb5349f.jpg

"
Egypt transported the mummified remains of 22 pharaohs to a new museum in a special procession through the streets of the capital Cairo on Saturday.

Dubbed the Pharaohs' Golden Parade, the 18 kings and four other royals were moved 7 kilometers (4 miles) from the Egyptian Museum to the new National Museum of Egyptian Civilization. "

In this ceremony, they were singing ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs text from the book of dead "The Book of the Dead is an ancient Egyptian funerary text generally written on papyrus"

Attachments

• 1617546969916.png
    1617546969916.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 139
It's amazing how the time of the Pharaoh's is documented with such detail in the Holy Quran. That itself already suffices as evidence that Allah (SWT) existed. And it also has never been emended (not that it needed to) ever since then.

Anyways, great read! :nvjpqts:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Lets pack our bags -Egypt Vacation here i come.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Nice to hear the Lady sing in the Egyptian language, shame it died out in the 17th century.
Well, it didn't die in the 17th century, it has died centuries before that. The Egyptian language has gone throw a lot of change in grammatically and vocabulary. Like if take an Egyptian from the early kingdom, the late kingdom, and a 10centry and bring them to the same room, no one would understand the other.

What I mean is that these scripts are different from what they 15 century Coptic Egyptian looked like

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Well, it didn't die in the 17th century, it has died centuries before that. The Egyptian language has gone throw a lot of change in grammatically and vocabulary. Like if take an Egyptian from the early kingdom, the late kingdom, and a 10centry and bring them to the same room, no one would understand the other.

What I mean is that these scripts are different from what they 15 century Coptic Egyptian looked like

The thing about languages with long literary histories like Ancient Egyptian is that we got to see their various "Proto" stages in written form. For example, it would be like having Italian all the way back to the Proto-Italic even Proto-Italo-Celtic and Proto-Indo-European stages available to us in the literature and labelling it all, including the Latin stages, "Italian". Very different languages as you go back.

Last edited:

It was still the Egyptian language although the latest version of it. Same with Old English and Modern English since they're very different to each other, but it doesn't make Modern English any less "English", it's just the latest version.

Funnily, I heard that Modern German speakers have an easier time understanding Old English than Modern English speakers.

Last edited:

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Beautiful, they are really proud of their heritage.

It's one of the best things of this year so far tbh (culturally speaking)
+10 bonus to the woman singing in Egyptian