Golden Parade of Pharaohs

Very interesting. They are embracing ancient Egypt as a national identity which pretty much anyone can claim. Probably to get away from Arabism, Islam and sectarianism.

Well, it seems that the thing is serious, I don't know, they are supposed to be Arabs

Very interesting. They are embracing ancient Egypt as a national identity which pretty much anyone can claim. Probably to get away from Arabism, Islam and sectarianism.
It's a publicity stunt to draw in tourists ahead of the anticipated end of this pandemic. It's meant to help revive Egypt's tourism sector which suffered under the pandemic.:icon lol:

Last edited:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Somalia has been inhabited since at least the Paleolithic, when the Doian and Hargeisan cultures flourished. The oldest evidence of burial customs in the Horn of Africa comes from cemeteries in Somalia dating back to the 4th millennium BC.

We are not really their descendants. Somalis and other Horners are the result of a migration from Sudan sometime a bit before 3000 BCE. Before 3000 BCE the Horn is firmly in the Paleolithic with native Hunter-Gatherer cultures then around 3000 BCE things suddenly take a big shift.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
If Christianity and later on Islam never took off there, I think Egypt would have been its own type of civilization according to Samuel Huntington. @Shimbiris

Sort of like India and Ethiopia.

Clash_of_Civilizations_world_map.png

Egypt became totally irrelevant after the Bronze-Age, to be honest. They just became a pass around between different peoples. Nubians, BA Semites, Iranians, Greeks, Romans, Arabs, Turks... Even the modern country itself was founded by an Ottoman governor of Albanian descent. But I guess they would be an interesting and unique modern state if they'd managed to preserve their religion.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Isnt it interesting how the Sahabaha and early Muslims did NOT destroy the ancient egyptian relics and tombs? They were alot more civilized tha modern day fanatics like AS and ISIS.

Apollo

VIP
Isnt it interesting how the Sahabaha and early Muslims did NOT destroy the ancient egyptian relics and tombs? They were alot more civilized tha modern day fanatics like AS and ISIS.

In Turkey they left most of Greek monuments intact.

Even in Afghanistan those Buddhist monuments were there until the late 1900s.

The hate for the previous civilizations in the Islamic world really only happened in the 1900s and 2000s.

More Assyrian and Mesopotamian artifacts got destroyed in the last 20 years than in the 2000 years preceding it. Shocking.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

The hate for the previous civilizations in the Islamic world really only happened in the 1900s and 2000s.

More Assyrian and Mesopotamian artifacts got destroyed in the last 20 years than in the 2000 years preceding it. Shocking.

Funny as I was just reading this today:

Wahhabism is a plague, wallahi. The amount of heritage all over the Middle-East and even Southern Somalia to some extent that has been lost to these idiots is incredibly saddening. Their extremism is completely foreign to the regions they've popped up in, evident by the fact that all these monuments went untouched for centuries until just recently.

TekNiKo

VIP

Modern Muslims are truly the most retarded decrept muslims. Ancient people were much wiser and more patient. I think Modern culture is a cancer thay contributes to extremism.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Modern Muslims are truly the most retarded decrept muslims. Ancient people were much wiser and more patient. I think Modern culture is a cancer thay contributes to extremism.

Here is a lunatic Masri wadaad talking about how they should destroy the pyramids and the sphinx:

Muslims really lost the script at some point during the early modern era.

TekNiKo

VIP
Here is a lunatic Masri wadaad talking about how they should destroy the pyramids and the sphinx:

Muslims really lost the script at some point during the early modern era.
Wahhabis are so contradictory they are against innovation but wanna destroy the same monuments that Sahabahs who literally lived in the time of the Prophet SAW didnt destroy. Thrres a hadith which says in the end times the ignorant fools shall preach religion :meleshame:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Wahhabis are so contradictory they are against innovation but wanna destroy the same monuments that Sahabahs who literally lived in the time of the Prophet SAW didnt destroy. Thrres a hadith which says in the end times the ignorant fools shall preach religion :meleshame:

Too true, wallahi. Egypt was conquered under the Rashidun Caliphate which was ruled by the sahhaba. Why are all these monuments still standing if it is such a sin to keep them around?

Mohammad_adil-Rashidun-empire-at-its-peak-close.PNG

:bell:

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
If Christianity and later on Islam never took off there, I think Egypt would have been its own type of civilization according to Samuel Huntington. @Shimbiris @Ebuo

Sort of like India and Ethiopia.

Clash_of_Civilizations_world_map.png

Egypt was almost Greek, the official language was greek, the officials, nobals and the upper class were greek, the upper class was and is the identity of Egypt, the Fellahin were going with anyone who had the power most of them.

And that map of the clash of civilizations of Huntington is not something to base an argument on. Because it looks like a game-based map, like Greece being in Eastern Europe while it has more to do with western Europe. Papua new guinea is not similar to Australia and New Zealand. Never to mention that this book is only legitimizing American aggression, specially against Muslims like Bush was saying before or after the war on Iraq "It is a struggle between good and evil" them or us.

TekNiKo

VIP
Too true, wallahi. Egypt was conquered under the Rashidun Caliphate which was ruled by the sahhaba. Why are all these monuments still standing if it is such a sin to keep them around?

Mohammad_adil-Rashidun-empire-at-its-peak-close.PNG

:bell:
Wahabism is promoted by the West to keep the ummah dumbed down. No wonder they turn a blind eye on Saudi spreading this idealogy to poor Muslim countries.

I hope that @xabashi does not get into trouble, historically that country has always been due to the gift of the nile, I read that they did not even use the wheel because they had that river as transport, the same as the ganges and the euphrates

Apollo

VIP
And that map of the clash of civilizations of Huntington is not something to base an argument on. Because it looks like a game-based map, like Greece being in Eastern Europe while it has more to do with western Europe. Papua new guinea is not similar to Australia and New Zealand. Never to mention that this book is only legitimizing American aggression, specially against Muslims like Bush was saying before or after the war on Iraq "It is a struggle between good and evil" them or us.

Huntington made some mistakes with that map, you already mentioned some of the mistakes, but on the whole it is largely correct. The book was written in the 90s, not long after Papua got its independence from Australia and Protestantism is the main religion there. He seems to weigh religion too heavily when it comes to his civilization zone theories and discounts race and (sub)culture.

Yeah, I have heard that his book was heavily read by policy makers architecting the Iraq war (Paul Wolfowitz in particular).

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Huntington made some mistakes with that map, you already mentioned some of the mistakes, but on the whole it is largely correct. The book was written in the 90s, not long after Papua got its independence from Australia and Protestantism is the main religion there. He seems to weigh religion too heavily when it comes to his civilization zone theories and discounts race and (sub)culture.

Yeah, I have heard that his book was heavily read by policy makers architecting the Iraq war (Paul Wolfowitz in particular).
Yeah, wars need excuses, and that kunt is giving them what they need

Apollo

VIP
Yeah, wars need excuses, and that kunt is giving them what they need

It was an interesting read nevertheless. In the book itself there is not much hate against Islam, but his theories can be used to drum up militarism and hostility against non-Western nations.

In one of his most recent writings he has proclaimed that the Southwest of the United States is falling to the Hispanic civilization and is at risk of breaking off from the United States. :chrisfreshhah: