GMOs Coming to Somalia

How would we even know the difference? We're probably importing GMO food already as there's no control over what we consume. Any small company in the world can test it's product on us (in Somalia) and we wouldn't even know.

Last edited:

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
Keep in mind:

What are the long-term health implications of consuming GMOs, particularly on fertility? I don't know about you, but this initiative seems philanthropic on the surface (attempting to reduce hunger in the global south, particularly in Somalia). Still, it doesn't sit well with me. Especially considering the type of partner (Gates) and his track record.

Skip to 12:39 when HSM speaks.
Niggas stop acting like you've been eating organic food Most Somalis grew up eating imported cheap expired foods.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
GMOs are everywhere already. You think half the things we eat are organic? f*ck no, they're pumping shit into fruits, vegetables and even animals.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Beggars canโ€™t be choosers. Iโ€™d rather this be the case than have Somalis starve.
GMOs aren't the only options.
Ever wondered why the fruis and veggies taste like plastic in these western countries? Holland, us, canada, scandinavia etc. Once you go to relatively gaajo countries you get tasty fruit and veggies, good meat and clean food that actually makes you feel like a human being. The soil is fertile and they grow food for human consumption. The shit we got in the west is commercialzed/big business owned by elites who give a F about us. Get your veggies and meat thru a local farm, thats what imma start doing. Its expensive tho
Food tastes different everywhere you go. Certain processed foods and cash crops are known for being GMOs in Canada and the US.
Interestingly, the country I live in was historically very against GMOs, going so far as to reject the proposal when the EU accepted the introduction of commercialization of biotechnological applications as a form of food-source enhancement.
However, GMOs were introduced in Canada in the 1990s, with roughly 140 GM foods to date. In Norway, they have good reason to be resistant to GMOs and food-based biotech. However, isn't there a push there to deregulate GMOs? I've read some proponents of GMOs argue in favour of responsible research and innovation, pushing for a relaxing of their current regulations.
How would we even know the difference? We're probably importing GMO food already as there's no control over what we consume. Any small company in the world can test it's product on us (in Somalia) and we wouldn't even know.
They also grow crops in Somalia.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think they would probably concede with the rest.

Very grim
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Niggas stop acting like you've been eating organic food Most Somalis grew up eating imported cheap expired foods.

GMOs are everywhere already. You think half the things we eat are organic? f*ck no, they're pumping shit into fruits, vegetables and even animals.
Speak for yourselves. I eat organic/farm-to-table.

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
That sounds about right. Elites don't have an incentive to keep the useless eaters disease-free. I recall a bioethicist, Matthew Liao, advocating to re-engineer humans to be allergic to meat to tackle climate change.
I remember this too.

People eat a credit card worth of plastic each week.

I donโ€™t understand how people can still function like that.

We have seen plastics in the womb and the deepest parts of the ocean.

When i go to the miyi in somalia i find plastic litter. The goats eat plastic out of curiosity that enters the person food.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Ladyboys have always existed out there. Itโ€™s part of their culture
They've been around since the 14th C. They were more common in Southwest and Southeast Asian polytheistic societies, from what I've read.
People eat a credit card worth of plastic each week.

I donโ€™t understand how people can still function like that.

We have seen plastics in the womb and the deepest parts of the ocean.

When i go to the miyi in somalia i find plastic litter. The goats eat plastic out of curiosity that enters the person food.
Plastics are ubiquitous at this point. People also wear plastic via synthetic fibres, and their furnishing is everywhere. The least they could do is filter the water they consume and bathe in. And limit the sources of plastic they can control.

However, GMOs were introduced in Canada in the 1990s, with roughly 140 GM foods to date. In Norway, they have good reason to be resistant to GMOs and food-based biotech. However, isn't there a push there to deregulate GMOs? I've read some proponents of GMOs argue in favour of responsible research and innovation, pushing for a relaxing of their current regulations.
Current date measures through several orders of regulative organizations, procedural methodologies, on top of the restrictive policies of the state, GMOs do not exist in the market.

Minority bulk pushing pro-biotechnological modified food acceptance are researchers and people of interest conveying the narrative under the guise of educating the public. An unverified poll I checked recently illustrated the discourse and perspective, where the questionaries managed to increase the acceptance of genetically modified organisms in conditions of global warming constraints as a practical solution, showing insight to how weather-scare, influence the reception of people, in addition to how GMO proponents plant their ideas as a viable response through growing uncertainty.

Trending