Getting Somalia back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iv'e been thinking of the best way to rebuild Somalia. And have come to the the conclusion that the country will never get back on its feet if it tries to emulate Western systems as the social culture of Somalia makes that impossible.

Instead we should try to tailor a system that Somali's can quickly adapt to and one that provides training and financial incentives to the population while increasing the amount of money available to the government.

Here's how the system works.
  • The government sets up a couple of training schools throughout the country.
  • Each training facility focuses on one aspect of industry such as textiles, Agriculture and Construction.
  • The school is free but the work done during your training is state property.
  • For example for an agricultural training facility the food grown belongs to the government and is sold within Somalia at State owned stores. This same dynamic applies to the other training schools that produce textiles and housing.
  • Individuals enrolled in training schools get massive discounts when buying food, clothing or housing from the state, this provides an incentive for parents to send their children to the training facilities.
  • The food and textiles are also sold on the international market under state owned brands.
  • The money earned through this process is reinvested into the country through infrastructure and the opening of more training schools for different disciplines. Such as laying water pipes or constructing solar farms.
  • As time passes by Somalis apply their new found skills and make their own businesses within the country.
This process is the fastest way of industrialising Somalia that i can think of. The government provides training and discounts to living needs and you pay for that through your temporary labour, this should work well in Somalia due to our young population.

And before you ask, no this system isn't Communism i call it Somalinism.

What do you guys think?

Everything you just mentioned will come from the business sector not the public sector.

Focus on changing yourself first and choose a niche or sector in Somalia you can improve.

I don’t trust public servants in Somalia, the only people who have been proven to serve the public’s needs are entrepreneurs.

Iv'e been thinking of the best way to rebuild Somalia. And have come to the the conclusion that the country will never get back on its feet if it tries to emulate Western systems as the social culture of Somalia makes that impossible.

Instead we should try to tailor a system that Somali's can quickly adapt to and one that provides training and financial incentives to the population while increasing the amount of money available to the government.

Here's how the system works.
  • The government sets up a couple of training schools throughout the country.
  • Each training facility focuses on one aspect of industry such as textiles, Agriculture and Construction.
  • The school is free but the work done during your training is state property.
  • For example for an agricultural training facility the food grown belongs to the government and is sold within Somalia at State owned stores. This same dynamic applies to the other training schools that produce textiles and housing.
  • Individuals enrolled in training schools get massive discounts when buying food, clothing or housing from the state, this provides an incentive for parents to send their children to the training facilities.
  • The food and textiles are also sold on the international market under state owned brands.
  • The money earned through this process is reinvested into the country through infrastructure and the opening of more training schools for different disciplines. Such as laying water pipes or constructing solar farms.
  • As time passes by Somalis apply their new found skills and make their own businesses within the country.
This process is the fastest way of industrialising Somalia that i can think of. The government provides training and discounts to living needs and you pay for that through your temporary labour, this should work well in Somalia due to our young population.

And before you ask, no this system isn't Communism i call it Somalinism.

What do you guys think?
I would hire you ASAP good thinking.Check out my idea as it centres more on the youth actually getting out there and helping other youths back home, rather than relying on the government or charities.

I would agree with you a nation-state model isn't going to work in the Somali case (or indeed in virtually all non-European countries).

The first thing Somalis have to do is restore an updated version of their traditional political and legal frameworks which is in line with their religion and culture and capable of defending their interests.

So this would entail abandoning a parliamentary system amongst other things.

For everything to work, a strong competent leader who can crush traitors is necessary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts