Geeljire signed to top Swedish football team Malmo FF

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Aussie ,out of the all the dudes who nearly made it none of them were of Benadiri stock. You are talking about 10 guys in the last 10 years. A few dudes I use to play with almost got into top clubs and none of them were Benadiri. And this kid is a Somalilander.The idea they are better @ or dominating soccer in the diaspora is a myth.Who are these quality soccer players they produced?
somalis players:

Ayub daud- former juvetus player, i think he stopped playing. Mogadishu born.

Mahamed ahamed- very good norwegian striker.Currently plays in 2nd division. Burao born

Liban abdi-plays in Saudi. Burao borns

Islam feruz-Chelsea, kismayo borns

Muktar ali-formerly chelsea,Mogadishu born

Abdi Salam Ibrahim-plays in norwegian top division-mogadishu born

Ciise aden abshir-norwegian 2nd division, actually used to play in Somalia for many years. Mogadishu born

Abukar Mohamed- lazio youth player, also Mogadishu born.

Most seem to be non landers. I have probably missed quite a few players out.

Apollo

VIP
Islam Feruz is not Somali, look up his parents. Straight up Nigerians.

article-0-06E5FB9C000005DC-786_468x304.jpg

Apollo

VIP
Bajun ain’t Somali Bantu. Somali Bantu generally means people who are descendants of slaves. Bajun are Zwahili Bantus who enslaved Bantu (Madow).

Bajuni is a Bantu Niger-Congo language. Swahili Kenyans are not all mixed with Arabs. Most of them are overwhelmingly Bantu. Swahili just means coastal Bantu.

somalis players:

Mahamed ahamed- very good norwegian striker.Currently plays in 2nd division. Burao born

Ciise aden abshir-norwegian 2nd division, actually used to play in Somalia for many years. Mogadishu born

Thanks for the research. The most successful Somali player in the diaspora was Yusuf Hersi. You will also had Fabio Liverani who was half Somali/Italian.

Bajuni is a Bantu Niger-Congo language.

Swahili Kenyans are not all mixed with Arabs. Most of them are overwhelmingly Bantu.

Swahili just means coastal Bantu.
I know all of that. There is a still distinction to be made, however. Bajun have some clans who claim a Somali origin. Somalis settled with and traded with Zwahili Muslims; Somali Bantus were enslaved by everyone- including Bajun. Let us not hijack the thread.......

Mubaarak Nuh has today signed a contract with the Allsvenska team Malmö FF, leaving Osters IF with immediate effect. "Mubbe" has applied to their football gymnasium in Malmö and has entered the school and is now taking a seat in their U17 squad.

Östers IF's head coach Christian Järdler says:

"Mubbe is a big talent that we of course would have liked to have stayed in Växjö and Östers IF. We have wanted to give Mubbe a seat at the A squad and give him an A contract but we have not managed to reach his agent . We have instead reached an agreement with Malmö FF who has been courteous to us. "

Öster wishes Mubaarak a big luck in the future!

http://www.ostersif.se/a/mubaarak-nuh-gar-till-malmo-ff

8AVQk4H.jpg

Bilal Hussein, another swedish geeljire

Abdi Sharif top youth player at liverpool

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/academy/player/abdi-sharif

abdi-sharif-of-liverpool-talks-with-coach-steven-gerrard-before-the-picture-id682624618

Abukar Mohamed plays for Lazio, also is the Finland U19 captain.

Mohamed+Abukar+SS+Lazio+Training+Session+vQv6yRFzSmYl.jpg

Some more that were mentioned:
somalis players:

Somali national team scouts need to be tracking these youths in EU, too much talent here. AFCON winners in the future? :cosbyhmm:

Last edited:
Thanks for the research. The most successful Somali player in the diaspora was Yusuf Hersi. You will also had Fabio Liverani who was half Somali/Italian.
Dude played with the likes of van der vaart plus he was playing at a time when no Somali was playing. Yousuf hersi is a legend.

Dude played with the likes of van der vaart plus he was playing at a time when no Somali was playing. Yousuf hersi is a legend.

Ali

Yusuf is a great journey man player and saw him in action because he played here in Australia for 3 seasons (Sydney Wondrrers & Perth Glory), but unfortunately his bio says, he is a Dutch Ethiopian and I remember reading that he played for the Ethiopian national team.

Feiroz and his family are Somalis and kismayo domination of Somali soccer was solely due to the Bajunis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending