Garre people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
Don't call us "immigrants" next time:ufdup:

Lol, she is less Somali by ancestry than the Darods/Isaaqs she tries to insult as foreigners.

She goes into full cognitive dissonance and now rejects genetics as a truthful field. Crazy.

CARTOON-295309_482944118386641_516380430_n.jpg

Just wanted to know a bit about the Garre people. I've read they are Dir, yet they have their own language and group with the Borona at times.

Are they ethnic Somalis?

Also, groups like the Bursuuq, do they class themselves as Oroma or Somali.

Is anyone here, Garre, Bursuuq, Akisho or Jarso? If so, would you say you have a staunchly Somali identity?

Is anyone here from a clan that can be classed as Oroma?

I find these tribes to be interesting, as they show us that the Somali identity isn't as clear cut or black and white as one may think.

There are two kinds of Garre.

Garre proper are a subclan of Garjante, which is a subclan of Gardheere Samaale. They are related to Saransoor (Gaaljecel, Degodia, Massare).

Garre's grandson Tuuf had two sons that had subclans and a daughter, who also had a subclan. How did a daughter have a subclan? More on that in a second.

Tuuf's sons are Cali and Adoola. Tuuf's daughter Mako married a Dir man, Quran Maxamed Xanaftire, and their children are the Quranyow Garre. They are Dir but they are also considered Garre by Garre people.

Garre originated at Serar, which is the upper Shabelle valley. Due to war, they had to migrate south to the Jubba Valley where they crossed the Juba and lived for many years in trans-Juba. During this time the Borana rose to power and defeated and subjugated many people, forming the 'Gabbra' (servants). One of these people were the Garre. Many Garre fled back across the Juba away from the Borana. The Garre who were subjugated by the Borana form two of the "divisions" of Gabbra.

The five Gabbra divisions are:
Galbo (Waata hunters subjugated by the Borana)
Odoola (The Adoola subclan of Garre subjugated by the Borana)
Gaara (Non-Adoola Garre subjugated by the Borana)
Alganna (a branch of Rendille subjugated by Borana)
Sharbana (another branch of Rendille subjugated by Borana)

The Gabbra were originally just servants of the Borana, but at one point they all allied together in an alliance to defeat the Borana, creating the "five drums" of the Gabbra, an alliance that has held to this day. After the Borana were defeated the Garre migrated back across the Juba, but while they were on the other side of the Juba the cis-Juba Garre had joined a Digil confederation.

This is why Garre identity is so confusing. They are at the same time Gabbra, Digil, Dir and Garjante all at the same time all these identities are valid.

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP

Garre proper are a subclan of Garjante, which is a subclan of Gardheere Samaale. They are related to Saransoor (Gaaljecel, Degodia, Massare).

Garre's grandson Tuuf had two sons that had subclans and a daughter, who also had a subclan. How did a daughter have a subclan? More on that in a second.

Tuuf's sons are Cali and Adoola. Tuuf's daughter Mako married a Dir man, Quran Maxamed Xanaftire, and their children are the Quranyow Garre. They are Dir but they are also considered Garre by Garre people.

Garre originated at Serar, which is the upper Shabelle valley. Due to war, they had to migrate south to the Jubba Valley where they crossed the Juba and lived for many years in trans-Juba. During this time the Borana rose to power and defeated and subjugated many people, forming the 'Gabbra' (servants). One of these people were the Garre. Many Garre fled back across the Juba away from the Borana. The Garre who were subjugated by the Borana form two of the "divisions" of Gabbra.

The Gabbra were originally just servants of the Borana, but at one point they all allied together in an alliance to defeat the Borana, creating the "five drums" of the Gabbra, an alliance that has held to this day. After the Borana were defeated the Garre migrated back across the Juba, but while they were on the other side of the Juba the cis-Juba Garre had joined a Digil confederation.

This is why Garre identity is so confusing. They are at the same time Gabbra, Digil, Dir and Garjante all at the same time all these identities are valid.

what an informative post :wow:

Thanks.

They are somali ,there are garre people that live in lower shabbelle too .I know a garre familly originally from Kenya,they speak somali and af garre and they claim to be Dir ,they look 100% somali ,eat somali food ,listen to somali music ect... @HalimaJ

The Garre language is an ancient Somali dialect. It is not an Oromo language.
I doubt it that would mean Oromo lang is an ancient Somali dialect when you listen to their words in af garre its so hard to understand half of what they are saying there is alot of Oromo words in their lang

I doubt it that would mean Oromo lang is an ancient Somali dialect when you listen to their words in af garre its so hard to understand half of what they are saying there is alot of Oromo words in their lang

Not half, Thor whole language is Oromo in the Borana dialect with a Somali/ somewhat hararge Oromo accent.

Garre are the majority in many parts of the northern NFD, they speak a language similar to Af-may and is classified as somalioid containing languages like af maha dehthey and Boni and Af- Tunni the Somali language family is quite large. Which is to be expected since we are an old people.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
The Garre language is an ancient Somali dialect. It is not an Oromo language.

These idiots don't know Digil sub-clans are a union of ancient Somalis with their own sub-dialects.

For example, there are

Af Tunni: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunni_language

Af Jiddu: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiiddu_language

Af Dabarre: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dabarre_language

Mirifle speak Af Maay while Digil sub-clans of their own dialects which are considered sub-dialects of Af Maay. Why do Somalis have to resort everything to Oromo?

It's common sense why Somali dialects exist in the first place since Somalis migrated from each other in the 1st century. Every ethnicity has dialects. Oromo has about 10 dialects and Amhara 5 so what makes Somalis so different from other ethnic groups?

These idiots don't know Digil sub-clans are a union of ancient Somalis with their own sub-dialects.

For example, there are

Af Tunni: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunni_language

Af Jiddu: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiiddu_language

Af Dabarre: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dabarre_language

Mirifle speak Af Maay while Digil sub-clans of their own dialects which are considered sub-dialects of Af Maay. Why do Somalis have to resort everything to Oromo?

It's common sense why Somali dialects exist in the first place since Somalis migrated from each other in the 1st century. Every ethnicity has dialects. Oromo has about 10 dialects and Amhara 5 so what makes Somalis so different from other ethnic groups?
7052669-fax-machine-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

Quranyow Garre are our Mahe Dir brothers :nvjpqts:

For those that are saying that the language Garre speak, along with standard Somali is in fact a Somali dialect, why is it that @AfranQallo can understand their language??
Me myself I'm a garre , and the language some of kenyan garres speak is borana which has been borrowed from the neighbors , my dad hails from koonfur galbeed before moving to kenya in the late 70's , our kins who come from somalia can't speak other than Somali langauge, they literally hate it , they only learn swahili to get an I.d

Me myself I'm a garre , and the language some of kenyan garres speak is borana which has been borrowed from the neighbors , my dad hails from koonfur galbeed before moving to kenya in the late 70's , our kins who come from somalia can't speak other than Somali langauge, they literally hate it , they only learn swahili to get an I.d
So which tribe do you associate with. Rx or Dir

Garre is split into two: tuf and quranyow. Tuf claim to descend from gardheere samaale which is the same ancestor of the Degodia clan in NFD and Gaaljecel. The quranyow descend from Dir. They live next to the Borana and most of them can speak Oromo, the Oromo try to claim them .

My mother’s half sisters are Garre , their father was born in Moyale and they identify as Somali, I’m not sure about the other clans .
Yall really not gonna stop with this samaale nonsense. IT WAS ONLY A POLITICAL ALLIANCE

Quran maxamad xiniftire? So garre are isaaq.
@pure blood @Lordilord @TimaJilic @waraabe rejoice in your lost bretheren.

Status
Not open for further replies.