Gaalo of Somalispot: What is stopping you from killing and how can you have morality without God?

Can gaalo be moral good persons?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A person who isn’t Muslim isn’t morally righteous. You can only get morality from a supreme being not from yourself or another human.

How do you define morally righteous at first?

Usually what is morally good is the act itself based on assessment of its effects, but in the islamist sense what is morally good is merely good because God (allegedly) commanded it with no scrutiny of the act itself.

It can therefore from this logic be deduced that stoning is morally right but consensual safe sex is not.
It becomes arbitrary even when mild scrutiny is applied.

Why should I kill anything? I’m a nihilist and see no meaning other sex and wine in this life

Getting the most sex with the sexiest partner matters only

Because God has been trying to tell us since Prophet Nuh. Pbuh. During Prophet Adam PBUP had no qualms as his children still had fresh memory of God after recently being expelled out of Heaven. Qomu Nuh started the trend of not believing in God. We have scripture of three major religions telling us about God, but man is ever stubborn.

Why do you believe in the Islam though?

There are many religions that pre-date the three main scriptures.

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
How do you define morally righteous at first?

Usually what is morally good is the act itself based on assessment of its effects, but in the islamist sense what is morally good is merely good because God (allegedly) commanded it with no scrutiny of the act itself.

It can therefore from this logic be deduced that stoning is morally right but consensual safe sex is not.
It becomes arbitrary even when mild scrutiny is applied.

I understand you don’t belive in a creator but in a hypothetical world in which you do, would you not agree that the creator is superior to his creation?

And if that’s the case, wouldn’t you agree that your creator knows what’s right for you more than you know what’s right for you?
Also wouldn’t the creator give you a set of laws to follow - as everything in this universe follows sets of laws? May it be forces, elements, animals. The only difference it that you have free will.

And as the creation, even though you have free will, wouldn’t you be obligated to follow these natural laws?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Why do you believe in the Islam though?

There are many religions that pre-date the three main scriptures.

Because it makes total sense. Islam is the last Abrahamic religion. Quran is amazingly wonderous. I wish u could see what my brain and heart sees. But still I am a human being, I am still lazy. I am not fully practicing it, inshalaah I will. But Islam has won my heart. And that's a start.

Spiderman

Shalom goyim
Your a lesbian with a Jewish girlfriend? I'm remembering that scene from the first Kingsman movie in the church.
1590798076897.gif

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Not any worse or better than when I told I was a lesbian in relationship with a jew.

My father is supportive though.
You are by far the biggest catfish on this forum.
:mjlol:
You actually think anyone believes that an Ogaden father wouldn't have already butchered you if he knew?
:ulyin:
God knows he'd do worse for less.
:russ:

You are by far the biggest catfish on this forum.
:mjlol:
You actually think anyone believes that an Ogaden father wouldn't have already butchered you if he knew?
:ulyin:
God knows he'd do worse for less.
:russ:

The loss of his wife did have a profound effect on him, sometimes all it takes to make a person reevaluate their prior beliefs is profound loss.

He was angry at God for a long time and only I stood by him, perhaps the leniency comes from there.

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
The loss of his wife did have a profound effect on him, sometimes all it takes to make a person reevaluate their prior beliefs is profound loss.

He was angry at God for a long time and only I stood by him, perhaps the leniency comes from there.

Did your dad actually say he was angry with God or are you just making assumptions. His Iman may of went down through hardship but I doubt a Muslim would be angry with God.

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
He prayed with difficulty and cursed God quite often for an extended period of time.

Humans react differently to tragedies including muslims.

And cursing your creator isn’t one of them

Btw you asked me a question on morality, you didn’t seem to respond.
Are you atheist or agnostic

He prayed with difficulty and cursed God quite often for an extended period of time.

Humans react differently to tragedies including muslims.
When you say cursed god...like how? Like f u god i effing hate you? Would he say these things out loud? Is his situation main reason you left islam? I assume you were raised as muslim

When you say cursed god...like how? Like f u god i effing hate you? Would he say these things out loud? Is his situation main reason you left islam? I assume you were raised as muslim

He used every Somali and danish curse word when he thought I wasn't around however he mainly called God evil and un-justice, which I at that time didn't agree with.

His situation had nothing to do with me leaving religion.

Of course gaalo can be just as moral as muslimeen.

Doesn't mean they are guided though.

Al-Fatiha states " wa la dhaalin". A person can be good and moral, but this doesn't mean he/she has a relationship with God if they don't recognise God. It means the person is misguided. Like a good person with good intentions and actions, heading the wrong direction, when he/she could go to a direction where the One who rewards good is.

Al-Fatiha separates human beings into 3 categories.

1. The ones God is pleased with.
2. The ones God is angry with.
3. The ones that are lost and misguided.

The best way to connect with God is through Islam.

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
I'm a deist with buddhist leanings.
I don’t know about Buddhism but at least being a deist isn’t as delusional as being atheist or agnostic.

And I don’t see what’s stopping you from worshipping Allah
like what part of the deen do you not agree with.

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
Of course gaalo can be just as moral as muslimeen.

Doesn't mean they are guided though.

Al-Fatiha states " wa la dhaalin". A person can be good and moral, but this doesn't mean he/she has a relationship with God if they don't recognise God. It means the person is misguided. Like a good person with good intentions and actions, heading the wrong direction, when he/she could go to a direction where the One who rewards good is.

Al-Fatiha separates human beings into 3 categories.

1. The ones God is pleased with.
2. The ones God is angry with.
3. The ones that are lost and misguided.

The best way to connect with God is through Islam.
Gaalo aren’t as moral as people who follow Islamic teachings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts