From your experience, how often have you seen Somali boys/men cook and clean for the family?

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
When I lived with my parents I knew how to cook basic meals and I was only expected to clean my own mess, bedroom and do my own laundry

Life was so simple back then

than he got the audacity to try and shame others for looking after their themself and their loved ones
do you also gossip in the kitchen with the women?

Your not a real man or king

Mans job is to work hard and provide for his woman and his lady looks after him cooks for him makes the house look nice etc raise the kids up good every man deep down whether they like to admit it or not would want a woman who treats him like a king point blank

Tell my why you view it as ceeb cause in my opinion whats ceeb is being an adult yet you can't cook and do basic things any adult should know
cooking for yourself is fine if you have no choice kind of like how women who dont want to work but have to work to provide......im talking about when you got a wife and you cooking thats the point

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
ok for argument sake thats fine its good to have that basic skills but if you have a wife why do you need to use that skill?
Do you expect your future wife to work, to pay half the bills, take care of the kids, remember family plans, appointment, events, birthdays, maintain your social life, do the shipping, cook and clean all at the same time?

After all that, keep you happy
:drakekidding:

Last edited:
Honestly, it's something you discuss before you get married so everyones clued up.if his wife wants to clean and do everything you've mentioned like who are you to stop it?
Believe it or not, some women actually want to be housewives.

Fay

DELETED
My dad used to when we were younger then as we got older he started teaching us n im the only girl in my fam i have brothers.... they be cheffin it up

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
ok for argument sake thats fine its good to have that basic skills but if you have a wife why do you need to use that skill?
if you're wife is sick or not home how you gonna feed your kids if you dont know how to cook

:what1:

Mercury

VIP
has the prophet got a caveman mentality?

are you muslim?
I never said that I said you got a caveman mentality for shaming other fathers who look after their house and kids besides you do know helping your wife in the house is sunnah?

Mercury

VIP
do you also gossip in the kitchen with the women?

Your not a real man or king

Mans job is to work hard and provide for his woman and his lady looks after him cooks for him makes the house look nice etc raise the kids up good every man deep down whether they like to admit it or not would want a woman who treats him like a king point blank
In my opinion a man and woman both have a responsibility to look after the house ,kids etc that way you have more time to do other activities together and as a family

When I lived with my parents I knew how to cook basic meals and I was only expected to clean my own mess, bedroom and do my own laundry

Life was so simple back then
thats understable but that mercury guy is talking about cooking for your wife and sisters and when somali family come round going to the kitchen and cooking lol
if you're wife is sick or not home how you gonna feed your kids if you dont know how to cook

:what1:
everyone knows how to make food to survive im talking about not having to if you have a wife

I never said that I said you got a caveman mentality for shaming other fathers who look after their house and kids besides you do know helping your wife in the house is sunnah?
the prophets wives use to take care of the house and cook and clean that was known by necessity the prophet at rare TIMES would help and that was not to make food the hadith doesn't say the prophet use cook at all and also the hadith never said the prophet would take even share

Alluring

Sayonara
the prophets wives use to take care of the house and cook and clean that was known by necessity the prophet at rare TIMES would help and that was not to make food the hadith doesn't say the prophet use cook at all and also the hadith never said the prophet would take even share
We follow the Prophet's example and

"Aisha, the wife of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), was asked, “What did the Prophet (ﷺ) use to do in his house?” She replied, “He used to keep himself busy serving his family (كَانَ يَكُونُ فِي مِهْنَةِ أَهْلِهِ) and when it was the time for prayer he would go for it.” (Bukhari)"

“He did what one of you would do in his house. He mended sandals and patched garments and sewed.” (Adab Al-Mufrad graded sahih by Al-Albani)

Trending