From your experience, how often have you seen Somali boys/men cook and clean for the family?

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
My dads + his generation of male relatives do not do anything. My dad sometimes makes himself coffee.

My brothers generation - mixed bag. Some are OCD about cleaning and help out at home/their wives. Others don’t.

My dad used to cook and clean when my mum was very ill.
My older brothers are a lot older than us
they used to clean until we became old enough to help and cook on the odd occasion.
But my mum did the bulk of the cooking and cleaning till we turned 11/12.
Team work makes the dream work

If your dad doesnt work-watch TV on couch-sleep-work...
Is he even a real somali dad?
african-american-male-watching-tv-9799496.jpg

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
I've probably cooked for the family a handful times at most. Never seen my brothers cook for the family either.

Even when I was young and lived at home, most of the food I had I cooked myself though. Never liked baasto & suugo or most of what we had on a day-to-day basis until I left.

I've probably cooked for the family a handful times at most. Never seen my brothers cook for the family either.

Even when I was young and lived at home, most of the food I had I cooked myself though. Never liked baasto & suugo or most of what we had on a day-to-day basis until I left.
What did you cook yourself?

salma saluuni

For the thrill💃🏽
Well in this household, everyone has a day where they must clean the house (that includes the boys btw)and with cooking only 2 of my brothers can cook good food the rest are trash.

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
What did you cook yourself?

Whatever we had at home, and not always something palatable. Chicken or mince w/ prepackaged seasoning or sauce pots/mild curries then have it a wrap or with mash, chips, fries, rice - anything. Sometimes slightly fancier dishes lasagna, but I'd just use the suugo my mother had already prepped for baasto so the hard part was taken care of. I'd often fry frozen stuff like frikandels too.

Don't appreciate what you have until it's gone. Baasto is still kinda trash, but meaty suugo with kibis

:banderas:

My dad did 60% of the cooking, 30% of the cleaning and 90% of outside activites (picking up kids from school/dugsi, grocery shopping, etc.) He wasn't your stereotypical Somali dad. The rest of the men on my paternal side of the family (in-laws included) are all great family men like my father.

The men on my maternal side (in-laws included) of the family are all lazy pieces of shit. Toxic as hell too.

My dad did 60% of the cooking, 30% of the cleaning and 90% of outside activites (picking up kids from school/dugsi, grocery shopping, etc.) He wasn't your stereotypical Somali dad. The rest of the men on my paternal side of the family (in-laws included) are all great family men like my father.

The men on my maternal side (in-laws included) of the family are all lazy pieces of shit. Toxic as hell too.
Where is hooyo

I help around cleaning the house, my room especially, wash my own clothes and let me just say that my room is 10x cleaner than my sister's, there's a complete mess

Trending

Latest posts