Free-Slaves: Did Somalia ever actually become independent? What is the illusion-of-independence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
Greetings Fellow Somali's,

The answer to the questions that I've mentioned in the thread-title, have been presented in section 12.0 of the my Somali-History video-presentation series.

In order to fully understand this section, you need to watch the Bonus section which is right before this section in the video-playlist.

Please watch section 12.0 below, and give me some feed back on my youtube channel and on this thread . . .
upload_2017-2-11_6-6-40.png

Long live the Dervish dream,

Mahad.M.Hori

Last edited:
please stop with this nonsense, Italians were invaders who were fought off, there was no slavery. Why are Africans so weak-minded :mindblown:

I don't even like terms like "italian somaliland" and other colonial garbage tbh

Madara x

Sleep soundly
please stop with this nonsense, Italians were invaders who were fought off, there was no slavery. Why are Africans so weak-minded :mindblown:

I don't even like terms like "italian somaliland" and other colonial garbage tbh

How about we just say that we and the Italians were actually
cooperating with each other eh:fantasia2:

Even better, let's just say that the Italians didn't colonize us :hmm:

but that we let them into our country :browtf:

Actually, Let's just say that they were immigrants:childplease:

and that we were being kind by giving them space to live in our territories :cosbyhmm:

Madara x

Sleep soundly
This idiot either has a slavery fetish, or he thinks he can grow his channel by provoking us.:mjlol:

Firstly, I'm far from a idiot, :kodaksmiley:

secondly i don't have a slavery fetish, :camby:

thirdly please comment on the content of the videos :birdman:

and stop with personal attacks because they are immature :fredo:

maestro

Cultural revolution
Stop the click bait if you want to succeed in whatever you're doing you bloody xoolo.

And stop associating colonialism with slavery. we shared the history of colonialism with countries like Egypt, India, China and Iraq. Do you ever see those people cry about being slaves?

Madara x

Sleep soundly
Stop the click bait if you want to succeed in whatever you're doing you bloody xoolo.

And stop associating colonialism with slavery. we shared the history of colonialism with countries like Egypt, India, China and Iraq. Do you ever see those people cry about being slaves?

lool bloody xoolo lol that's a new one.
No one is crying about colonialism here.
Intellectual engagement, with the historical content that i present in the videos, is what i seek to provoke.

And the thing that makes us different :damedamn:
from all those other peoples that you named:birdman: is that we are still colonized.:cosbyhmm:

Thats the thing that makes our situation on this earth so weird. :francis:

We are a people who are colonized geographically (and in many more ways),:susp:

and yet we are full of arrogance :mindblown: and denial. Its a trip and a half.

"the UN pre-determined Somalia's independence"
"Somalis didn't fight for independence, it was given to them"

:drakewtf::camby:

Abdullahi Issa AUN, father of the Somali Republic, was the man who went to various International conferences in Paris, New York, London & Potsdam to campaign for our independence and unity between both Italian Somaliland and British Somaliland.

He is the man who brought UN Resolution No 289 which freed Somalia from the military occupation following the Second World War and turned it into a trusteeship lead by Somalis overseen by Italy and the UN.
The world powers even tried to poison him to stop his mission to secure independent nation for Somalis in the Horn of Africa.

Here is a letter he wrote to the New York Times in 1949
Somali Stand on Trusteeship

Representative Declares Opposition of Youth League to Italian Control

The New York Times

November 19, 1949

A letter sent to the New York Times by Abdullahi Isse
:wow:

Stand of League

It is a known fact that the Somali Youth League, as leader of the nationalist movement for the independence of Somaliland, unalterably opposes the restoration of the hated Italian rule under any form whatsoever in our land. Also the League strongly opposes any foreign domination of Somaliland. In pursuing the struggle for the liberation of the country, the League has submitted to the General Assembly and various committees of the United Nations several memoranda, petitions, documents, etc., containing certain relevant data.

Today the confusion of nationalism with communism in colonial areas is common error. Fortunately, the world knows the methods practiced by colonial Powers to suppress nationalist movements and at the same time label them as subversive and pursuant of Communist ideology. All classes of the inhabitants of Somaliland are united in a common front and they are now concerned only with the immediate problem facing them: the national struggle for the freedom of their country from foreign subjugation.

A. Issa.

:wow::wow:

SYL3_1.jpg

Abdullahi Issa at the United Nations Headquarters (Lake Success), New York
Date: 20 April 1949

Last edited:
Greetings Fellow Somali's,

The answer to the questions that I've mentioned in the thread-title, have been presented in section 12.0 of the my Somali-History video-presentation series.

In order to fully understand this section, you need to watch the Bonus section which is right before this section in the video-playlist.

Please watch section 12.0 below, and give me some feed back on my youtube channel and on this thread . . . View attachment 12916

Long live the Dervish dream,

Mahad.M.Hori
Bro make some videos about solutions to solve somalias problems or future potential problems that's gonna benefit us, I admire ur dedication to teach us about our history but I don't think its gonna benefit us now.

Btw stop saying we were slaves :what::ufdup:

Madara x

Sleep soundly
"the UN pre-determined Somalia's independence"
"Somalis didn't fight for independence, it was given to them"

:drakewtf::camby:

Abdullahi Issa AUN, father of the Somali Republic, was the man who went to various International conferences in Paris, New York, London & Potsdam to campaign for our independence and unity between both Italian Somaliland and British Somaliland.

He is the man who brought UN Resolution No 289 which freed Somalia from the military occupation following the Second World War and turned it into a trusteeship lead by Somalis overseen by Italy and the UN.
The world powers even tried to poison him to stop his mission to secure independent nation for Somalis in the Horn of Africa.

Here is a letter he wrote to the New York Times in 1949

SYL3_1.jpg

Abdullahi Issa at the United Nations Headquarters (Lake Success), New York
Date: 20 April 1949

Firstly, thanks for the comment.:salute:

Secondly, I think that Somali men running around from Paris to New York to London, to beg cadaan people to leave them in peace is super weak.

I guess your comment reinforces my stance. :kanyehmm:

It's sad that independence was given to Somalis;

How could we accept a UN resolution that was granted by the white powers of the world, a resolution which turned Somalia into a area that was lead by Somalis but still overseen by Italy and the UN, as a sign of our independence? :francis:

Crazy shit man :mindblown:

Madara x

Sleep soundly
Bro make some videos about solutions to solve somalias problems or future potential problems that's gonna benefit us, I admire ur dedication to teach us about our history but I don't think its gonna benefit us now.

Btw stop saying we were slaves :what::ufdup:

There can be no solution without a adequate understanding of the problem.:damedamn:

AND if we keeping shoving difficult and sensitive topics under the rug all the time,
we won't understand our problems and current situation in this world:ivers:,

As Friedrich Nietzsche says:
'The most perfidious way of harming a cause
consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments.'
:reallymaury:

AND I got your last message there loud and clear buddy. :yousmart:

Not that I agree with your video, but for argument's sake let's say I did; is somali history entirely negative to you? Nothing good came out of you so far? Somalis have resisted the most in any group of Africa. The only people who the English used planes to bombard(the first plane to be sent to any people in Africa). The only country NOT to have been unilaterally colonized. What do all these signify to you? I'll wait, take your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending