FREE! Islamic University Courses Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuldaanGuled

Rag waa shaah dumarna waa sheeko.
Thank you my brother , indeed if you grow in knowledge and wisdom for the sake of Allah you are unstoppable

May Allah (SWT) accept your duas and your fast , and may he increase your rank in knowledge and grant you and your family jannah because you are just so nice !

Ameen walaal

Dw i have above average IQ , i'm good

:siilaanyolaugh:

And yeah it was mostly for the muslims someone must of tagged you no worries ,
I beg to differ

If you really did have above average IQ you'd be able to see it for the smoke and mirrors act it really is :siilaanyolaugh: either that or maybe ur not that familiar with your religion

I honestly can't remember if anyone tagged me in this lol just pretend I'm passing by, cool thnx bye

Genie

The last suugo bender
I beg to differ

If you really did have above average IQ you'd be able to see it for the smoke and mirrors act it really is :siilaanyolaugh: either that or maybe ur not that familiar with your religion

I honestly can't remember if anyone tagged me in this lol just pretend I'm passing by, cool thnx bye

Lol thats like calling Einstein , Galileo Galilei ,Isaac Newton, Blaise Pascal among other Physicists , mathmaticians and scientists who are arguably one of the most intelligent people of their respective era's idiots because they believed in a god. (which they did btw)

And the whole point of the thread was to better understand and educate yourself about your religion i wouldn't say i'm 100% there but i know enough to be 'familiar' with.

turns out you were tagged.

Cya :camby:

axmedxajiisback

Amr ibn Hisham
upload_2017-6-9_18-17-22.png

Lol thats like calling Einstein , Galileo Galilei ,Isaac Newton, Blaise Pascal among other Physicists , mathmaticians and scientists who are arguably one of the most intelligent people of their respective era's idiots because they believed in a god. (which they did btw)

And the whole point of the thread was to better understand and educate yourself about your religion i wouldn't say i'm 100% there but i know enough to be 'familiar' with.

turns out you were tagged.

Cya :camby:

Lmao I never called anyone who believes in god stupid sxb you were the one who brought up IQ levels while implying I was stupid. I was simply regurgitating @Amun s chart about the high correlation between nonreligious folks and intelligence levels :siilaanyolaugh:

Why are you claiming Einstein lol he was agnostic which is different than believing in organised religion. As for Galileo, there's a lot of speculation surrounding his religious views, he believed that Divine Providence could not miss nor disregard anything to do with the government of human affairs. The fact that the catholic church at the time heavily persecuted anyone non-catholic was a big incentive to keep quiet about your religious views. I'm not even sure why Pascal is considered a theological philosopher since his French literature today is based primarily on the posthumous publication of a notebook in which he drafted or recorded ideas for a planned defence of Christianity... He did like debating about theology I guess

I guess you can claim Pascal and Newton too, although his christian faith would not have been considered orthodox by mainstream xtians, I'm pretty sure he's been described as heretical in recent times :drakekidding:I guess this just further reinforces my view that organised religion depletes brain cells. Anyone who's able to swallow the nonsense Abraham religions like to peddle shouldn't be talking about intellegence :camby:

Genie

The last suugo bender
Lmao I never called anyone who believes in god stupid sxb you were the one who brought up IQ levels while implying I was stupid. I was simply regurgitating @Amun s chart about the high correlation between nonreligious folks and intelligence levels :siilaanyolaugh:

Why are you claiming Einstein lol he was agnostic which is different than believing in organised religion. As for Galileo, there's a lot of speculation surrounding his religious views, he believed that Divine Providence could not miss nor disregard anything to do with the government of human affairs. The fact that the catholic church at the time heavily persecuted anyone non-catholic was a big incentive to keep quiet about your religious views. I'm not even sure why Pascal is considered a theological philosopher since his French literature today is based primarily on the posthumous publication of a notebook in which he drafted or recorded ideas for a planned defence of Christianity... He did like debating about theology I guess

I guess you can claim Pascal and Newton too, although his christian faith would not have been considered orthodox by mainstream xtians, I'm pretty sure he's been described as heretical in recent times :drakekidding:I guess this just further reinforces my view that organised religion depletes brain cells. Anyone who's able to swallow the nonsense Abraham religions like to peddle shouldn't be talking about intellegence :camby:

I mentioned my IQ not yours your the one who turned it into an insult lol.

Your mentioning religion i mentioned god , you ...know... belief in a divine intelligent being , many intellects still believe in one today. And you can argue all you like but a quick google search will list all of the above men to be men who believed in god (emphasis on god).

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.” - Einstein from his book Religion and Science published in 1954 i wonder what religion he is talking about .....? dunno. Doesn't sound agnostic to me.

Correlation does not show cause and effect sweetie , nice try tho.

Just as much as there are intellects who are atheists there are intellects who believe in god, there always were and always will be , Religion or the belief in god doesn't render someone unintelligent. To believe so , shows that you clearly lack perspicacity and therefore perhaps its you who should refrain from talking about intelligence.

:comeon:

I mentioned my IQ not yours your the one who turned it into an insult lol.

Your mentioning religion i mentioned god , you ...know... belief in a divine intelligent being , many intellects still believe in one today. And you can argue all you like but a quick google search will list all of the above men to be men who believed in god (emphasis on god).

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.” - Einstein from his book Religion and Science published in 1954 i wonder what religion he is talking about .....? dunno. Doesn't sound agnostic to me.

Correlation does not show cause and effect sweetie , nice try tho.

Just as much as there are intellects who are atheists there are intellects who believe in god, there always were and always will be , Religion or the belief in god doesn't render someone unintelligent. To believe so , shows that you clearly lack perspicacity and therefore perhaps its you who should refrain from talking about intelligence.

:comeon:

What was the point of bringing up IQ levels as a response to my comment then, you knew exactly what you were doing don't try to backtrack now :comeon:

Smoke and mirror act= organised religion and I stand by that lol. You're trying to spin this as me condemning anyone who believes in a higher being when I never said that, in fact believing in a higher being outside outside of the confines of abrahamic religion is vastly different, It's painful watching you try an claim all those men when it's obvious you haven't done anything more than a surface level google search kulaha debating :ivers:

You might say that believing in religion someone unintelligent but I'll say that if you're able to open a quran and swallow the stuff it's selling you without any questions then at the very least you're lacking in some fundamental critical skills.

What did you think agnostic meant sxb?? Were you under the impression that agnostic=atheist??? You need to look up the definition of agnostic. An agnostic is someone believes that just because there is no physical proof of the existence of a higher being, it dose not automatically mean that one does not exist. Einstein has described himself as an agnostic and he's stated multiple times he doesn't believe in a personal god who answers prayers and etc exactly the type of god common to theist claiming he was one of them

The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this.

Letter to philosopher Eric Gutkind, January 3, 1954

It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.

- Albert Einstein, letter to an atheist (1954), quoted in Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas & Banesh Hoffman.

I can pick out more for you if you like

Genie

The last suugo bender
What was the point of bringing up IQ levels as a response to my comment then, you knew exactly what you were doing don't try to backtrack now :comeon:

Smoke and mirror act= organised religion and I stand by that lol. You're trying to spin this as me condemning anyone who believes in a higher being when I never said that, in fact believing in a higher being outside outside of the confines of abrahamic religion is vastly different, It's painful watching you try an claim all those men when it's obvious you haven't done anything more than a surface level google search kulaha debating :ivers:

You might say that believing in religion someone unintelligent but I'll say that if you're able to open a quran and swallow the stuff it's selling you without any questions then at the very least you're lacking in some fundamental critical skills.

What did you think agnostic meant sxb?? Were you under the impression that agnostic=atheist??? You need to look up the definition of agnostic. An agnostic is someone believes that just because there is no physical proof of the existence of a higher being, it dose not automatically mean that one does not exist. Einstein has described himself as an agnostic and he's stated multiple times he doesn't believe in a personal god who answers prayers and etc exactly the type of god common to theist claiming he was one of them

I can pick out more for you if you like

And yet my point STILL stands , i did not mention RELIGON in ANY way YOU did (must i spell everything out for you).

An agnostic is someone who is not sure of the existence of god , and yet Einstein him self stated that he believed in the pantheistic God of Baruch Spinoza. Hence why i said what i said.

As for the IQ , i'm not back tracking the reason i bought it up was to illustrate a point. You said the following "Careful now, don't read to much into it , Attempting to understand it was what lead me down this road " I then said the statement regarding my above average IQ to suggest that i have enough intelligence needed to understand and analyse the Qur'an and Islam in general and then make a judgement thereafter , rather than "attempt[ing] to understand it" lol. So yeah my point still stands in this regard.

As for me apparently 'claiming' these men, its very amusing because all i'm doing is stating facts.

Allah has blessed me with reasoning skills to decipher your hidden connotations , and that is anyone who believes in a god or religion (you have made that bit very clear) isn't very bright or as bright as someone who doesn't believe in a god or a religion , which is obviously not true.

"but I'll say that if you're able to open a quran and swallow the stuff it's selling you without any questions then at the very least you're lacking in some fundamental critical skills." The whole point of this thread was to help and guide others to better understand their religion and NOT just go with it .... literally this whole threads purpose contradicts this. Now who is lacking critical thinking ....pls. :abuxyga:

Here are few examples of intellects who did believe in god and who did believe in a abrahamic religion (and no i'm not 'claiming' them).

CHRISTIANITY:

Etc Etc.....

ISLAM:

Abu Nasr Al-Farabi (872 – 950)
Also known as Alpharabius. Arab scientist and philosopher, considered as one of the preeminent thinkers of medieval era.
Al-Battani (858 – 929)
Also known as Albatenius. Arab mathematician, scientists and astronomer who improved existing values for the length of the year and of the seasons.
Ibn Sina (980 – 1037)
Also known as Avicenna. Persian philosopher and scientist known for his contributions to Aristotelian philosophy and medicine.
Advertisements
Ibn Battuta (1304 – 1369)
Also known as Shams ad–Din. Arab traveler and scholar who wrote one of the most famous travel books in history, the Rihlah.
Ibn Rushd (1126 – 1198)
Also known as Averroes. Arab philosopher and scholar who produced a series of summaries and commentaries on most of Aristotle’s works and on Plato’s Republic.
Muhammad ibn Musa Al-Khwarizmi (780 – 850)
Also known as Algoritmi or Algaurizin. His works introduced Hindu-Arabic numerals and the concepts of algebra into European mathematics.
Omar Khayyam (1048 – 1131)
Persian mathematician, astronomer, and poet, known for his scientific achievements and Rubaiyat (“quatrains”).
Thabit ibn Qurra (826 – 901)
Also known as Thebit. Arab mathematician, physician and astronomer; who was the first reformer of the Ptolemaic system and the founder of statics.
Abu Bakr Al-Razi (865 – 925)
Also known as Rhazes. Persian alchemist and philosopher, who was one of the greatest physicians in history.
Jabir Ibn Haiyan (722 – 804)
Also known as Geber. The father of Arab chemistry known for his highly influential works on alchemy and metallurgy.
Ibn Ishaq Al-Kindi (801 – 873)
Also known as Alkindus. Arab philosopher and scientist, who is known as the first of the Muslim peripatetic philosophers.
Ibn Al-Haytham (965 – 1040)
Also known as Alhazen. Arab astronomer and mathematician known for his important contributions to the principles of optics and the use of scientific experiments.
Ibn Zuhr (1091 – 1161)
Also known as Avenzoar. Arab physician and surgeon, known for his influential book Al-Taisir Fil-Mudawat Wal-Tadbeer (Book of Simplification Concerning Therapeutics and Diet).
Ibn Khaldun (1332 – 1406)
Arab historiographer and historian who developed one of the earliest nonreligious philosophies of history. Often considered as one of the forerunners of modern historiography, sociology and economics.
Ibn Al-Baitar (1197 – 1248)
Arab scientist, botanist and physician who systematically recorded the discoveries made by Islamic physicians in the Middle Ages.

Etc Etc.....

I don't NEED to claim anyone or anything because they are FIXED facts ma friend.
And if you claim that i'm spinning your words then perhaps you should find a better way of conveying your message in a way that doesn't create misunderstandings.

To conclude this brings me back to my original point "Just as much as there are intellects who are atheists there are intellects who believe in god, there always were and always will be , Religion or the belief in god doesn't render someone unintelligent. To believe so , shows that you clearly lack perspicacity and therefore perhaps its you who should refrain from talking about intelligence."

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Goodbye ,

Status
Not open for further replies.