Former somali atheist shares her road back to Islam

Did she return and leave islam for good reasons?

• Yes

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
I was born on Feb 5th ‘92 in Mogodishu. When I was few weeks old my family left Somalia cause they were in danger. My family was upper class oo dad lacag leh. After my ayeeyo and my aunt got abducted by their own neighbours, my grandfather told everyone to leave ASAP. My family couldn’t trust anyone anymore. Since we already had family members living in the west all we had to do was get our papers sorted and get on the plane. We stayed few months in Ethiopia... Few weeks before our departure to Europe my father didn’t make it. He passed away. He was only 24 years old. I have never known my father, I only know him through the stories that my mother shared with me. After he was layed to rest my family left Ethiopia. I was 9 months old when I was brought here. I have never went back home. In shaa Allah that will change soon. I was taught alot about my birth country. As a kid I did presentation at school about Somalia. I was so proud. My mother never allowed the images on tv about our country influence me. She was and still is a True wadani. She taught me how to speak and write Somali when I turned 10.

In my teen years I became a rebel without a cause. I did not give a damn. I just wanted to be young, wild and free. I was a wild party girl, my mum would send every weekend my cousins to find me. They would look for me in every club and every bar in the city. I even called the police on one of my cousins when I was 17.. I didn’t wanted to leave with him so he slapped me. I am not gonna go into too much details about my wild party girl days. Let’s just say I have lived . At 19 I started LAW school.. I come from a very educated family so I had no choice but to go to university. Plus I wanted to make my mother proud since I’ve made her suffer for so many years. Early on I’ve discovered that it was not for me but I didn’t know how to tell hooyo.. I’ve already disappointed her so many times I just couldn’t do it. So I have dropped out without telling her. She eventually of course found out and it wasn’t pretty. She didn’t speak to me for two days. She called my abti in London and asked him if I could stay with him for awhile. What my family didn’t know at this point was that I was suffering from severe depression. Before I left she invited couple of wadaads to read Quran on me.. but what they didn’t know was that I stopped believing in Islam years ago. My family knew I was not religious and did everything that was haram. But they just didn’t think I would actually leave. They just thought I was a wild teen nothing more and nothing less. I decided to tell my mother because I felt like she deserved to know the truth. We had a serious argument. My grandma told her that there’s not much she could now besides Dua. We didn’t really speak much after that. I left for London. I didn’t really wanna go but I didn’t really have much of a choice. I was there for about two weeks when hooyo decided to come get me. We had a long conversation, she told me that my ayeeyo has not slept for two weeks and that home isn’t home anymore without me. She also told me no matter how difficult it is for her that I left Islam that I was still her one and only daughter and nothing would change. After that Alhamdulilah our bond became stronger than ever! Unfortunately ayeeyo’s health got worse. Ayeeyo had a kidney failure and needed dialysis treatment asap. 3 times a week she had to go to hospital. Hooyo couldn’t do it on her own anymore.

We had to do this together as a family. In 2014 we moved to a German city near the Dutch border. We would switch shifts on who will stay up with ayeeyo and who will take her to hospital. I had to give up my Social life and my personal life for 2 years. But it was all worth it. If I had to do it again .. I would. I could never repay ayeeyo for how she took care of me all those years. I could never. On May 2nd 2016 at 17:30 the love of my life, my best friend, my whole world past away. Just thinking about it makes me emotional. It was the worse time of my life. After Ayeeyo’s death I went back to my party girl ways. It was my way of dealing with grief. I didn’t have any faith to fall back on so alcohol and cigarettes became my remedy. Around last year I started having doubts about Atheism something was not right. So I started looking into different religions etc. The beginning of this year I joined a private Somali Gaalo group. This was my first time meeting so many Gaalo Somalis. I always taught it was just my friend and I. Most of my friends were Dutch and the only Somalis I have dealt with were my family that’s it. A new world has opened up for me. But it didn’t last long I started to realise that we didn’t see eye to eye on a lot of things. I’ve decided to leave the whole Somali Gaalo community. I felt like I was in a cult and anyone who knows me knows that I can’t stand pple who can’t think for themselves. I said to myself “ I don’t need them. I am lone wolf anyways” slowly I started interacting with more Somali Muslims, some of them became very close friends of mine. I felt more comfortable with them then I did with Gaalo Somalis. I didn’t understand that I was thinking you do not even share faith with them but they treat you like family. I became more and more curious about Islam. So I started watching Islamic video’s on YouTube I didn’t share that with anyone. At the same time I was looking into Christianity I thought that, that would fit me better since I was so westernized. One day my mother and I were talking about religion and I told her about my new found love, Christianity. She was not to pleased to say the least. She said if you are going to believe in a Deen why don’t you return to the faith of your fore fathers. We had a long chat about it, hooyo became very emotional it was the first time in years I have seen her cry about me leaving Islam. She begged me to give it one more chance. If I still don’t want to revert after that she would never bring it up again. I said “ deal.

I’ll do it for you hooyo” that night I’ve downloaded a Quran app. I turned on Surah Baqarah Wallahi the second I heard it I knew that a man didn’t not come up with this! It was the word of God. I had Goosebumps all over my body, I started to shake, any doubt I had about Islam was gone! I said the shahada and slept like a baby. In the morning I woke up for fajr. My mother couldn’t believe her eyes. She broke down and we hugged. We prayed together and I said the shahada again with her. It was the most beautiful moment of my life.

This year has been a rollercoaster ride. I had had ups and downs. But overall it has been a good year Alhamdulilah. I’ve started Medical school, I finally got help for my depression and most importantly I have returned to my beautiful Deen ! Allahu Akbar.
i am so happy for you. in sha allah you will succeed in this life and the next. i had a similar experience but i never left islam. i was just on the wrong path. i started reading the quran and it made me stop all my bad habits in one day. i quit smoking cigarrettes cold turkey after being a pack a day for almost 12 years. i have been praying every since. its as simple as this. if i told you the phone that i have was created by chance and has no creator. you would be like no thats impossible the phone must of been created by a human. than why is it hard for a human to have a creator. we are billion times more complex and unique than a phone. we cant be man made. another thing is do you know that the sun is the size of a million earths. our galaxy has a million starts. and another million galaxys. the universe is litterally huge. we are just a speck in the universe. we are nothing. take the human body for example. the human body is perfectly made. everything in your body has a unique function that makes us who we are. you have eyebrows too protect your sweat from reching your eyes. you have joints in your elbow so you can wash your ass and eat. imagine not having any joints in your arm. you wouldnt be able to eat with your hands. you would eat like a animal. if your having doubts about allah. than just look to your self and the univers. the proof is right infornt of you

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
i am so happy for you. in sha allah you will succeed in this life and the next. i had a similar experience but i never left islam. i was just on the wrong path. i started reading the quran and it made me stop all my bad habits in one day. i quit smoking cigarrettes cold turkey after being a pack a day for almost 12 years. i have been praying every since. its as simple as this. if i told you the phone that i have was created by chance and has no creator. you would be like no thats impossible the phone must of been created by a human. than why is it hard for a human to have a creator. we are billion times more complex and unique than a phone. we cant be man made. another thing is do you know that the sun is the size of a million earths. our galaxy has a million starts. and another million galaxys. the universe is litterally huge. we are just a speck in the universe. we are nothing. take the human body for example. the human body is perfectly made. everything in your body has a unique function that makes us who we are. you have eyebrows too protect your sweat from reching your eyes. you have joints in your elbow so you can wash your ass and eat. imagine not having any joints in your arm. you wouldnt be able to eat with your hands. you would eat like a animal. if your having doubts about allah. than just look to your self and the univers. the proof is right infornt of you
lol i never read the rest of the page. nice troll but my message stands. your just hurting your self. tell me what benefits you receive fom being a athiest. if you believe islam is wrong. the benefits still is the greatest benefits you can recieve. living a clean and healthy life. drugs(results: death, debt, depression, violence, disease) having multiple parnters(disease, death, loniless) riba(debt, depression, death) and so on.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
How dare you insult me in such a manner? :gucciwhat:

That said this woman is a classic example of a emotional apostate, where the main reasons for leaving wasn't reason and a search for truth but rather irrational and emotional inclination, furthermore I think she undercounts the effect of emotional pressure and manipulation but that is just me. :hillarybiz:

What y'all gaalo think @AussieHustler @VixR @Baki @Knowles* @Reiko?

* = Not actual gaal but honorary member of gaalo-nation.
This is what I get for being nice to your obese, emotionally unstable ass.

@Daughter of samaale Im a Sunni, Muslim, alxamdullillah.

Kratos

Sonder
If her depression is gone and she's happy then that's fantastic for her. However, she's very lucky she lives in the west. If she committed apostasy or adultery in a country governed by the shariica she most probably wouldn't be able to return to Islam.

I was born on Feb 5th ‘92 in Mogodishu. When I was few weeks old my family left Somalia cause they were in danger. My family was upper class oo dad lacag leh. After my ayeeyo and my aunt got abducted by their own neighbours, my grandfather told everyone to leave ASAP. My family couldn’t trust anyone anymore. Since we already had family members living in the west all we had to do was get our papers sorted and get on the plane. We stayed few months in Ethiopia... Few weeks before our departure to Europe my father didn’t make it. He passed away. He was only 24 years old. I have never known my father, I only know him through the stories that my mother shared with me. After he was layed to rest my family left Ethiopia. I was 9 months old when I was brought here. I have never went back home. In shaa Allah that will change soon. I was taught alot about my birth country. As a kid I did presentation at school about Somalia. I was so proud. My mother never allowed the images on tv about our country influence me. She was and still is a True wadani. She taught me how to speak and write Somali when I turned 10.

In my teen years I became a rebel without a cause. I did not give a damn. I just wanted to be young, wild and free. I was a wild party girl, my mum would send every weekend my cousins to find me. They would look for me in every club and every bar in the city. I even called the police on one of my cousins when I was 17.. I didn’t wanted to leave with him so he slapped me. I am not gonna go into too much details about my wild party girl days. Let’s just say I have lived . At 19 I started LAW school.. I come from a very educated family so I had no choice but to go to university. Plus I wanted to make my mother proud since I’ve made her suffer for so many years. Early on I’ve discovered that it was not for me but I didn’t know how to tell hooyo.. I’ve already disappointed her so many times I just couldn’t do it. So I have dropped out without telling her. She eventually of course found out and it wasn’t pretty. She didn’t speak to me for two days. She called my abti in London and asked him if I could stay with him for awhile. What my family didn’t know at this point was that I was suffering from severe depression. Before I left she invited couple of wadaads to read Quran on me.. but what they didn’t know was that I stopped believing in Islam years ago. My family knew I was not religious and did everything that was haram. But they just didn’t think I would actually leave. They just thought I was a wild teen nothing more and nothing less. I decided to tell my mother because I felt like she deserved to know the truth. We had a serious argument. My grandma told her that there’s not much she could now besides Dua. We didn’t really speak much after that. I left for London. I didn’t really wanna go but I didn’t really have much of a choice. I was there for about two weeks when hooyo decided to come get me. We had a long conversation, she told me that my ayeeyo has not slept for two weeks and that home isn’t home anymore without me. She also told me no matter how difficult it is for her that I left Islam that I was still her one and only daughter and nothing would change. After that Alhamdulilah our bond became stronger than ever! Unfortunately ayeeyo’s health got worse. Ayeeyo had a kidney failure and needed dialysis treatment asap. 3 times a week she had to go to hospital. Hooyo couldn’t do it on her own anymore.

We had to do this together as a family. In 2014 we moved to a German city near the Dutch border. We would switch shifts on who will stay up with ayeeyo and who will take her to hospital. I had to give up my Social life and my personal life for 2 years. But it was all worth it. If I had to do it again .. I would. I could never repay ayeeyo for how she took care of me all those years. I could never. On May 2nd 2016 at 17:30 the love of my life, my best friend, my whole world past away. Just thinking about it makes me emotional. It was the worse time of my life. After Ayeeyo’s death I went back to my party girl ways. It was my way of dealing with grief. I didn’t have any faith to fall back on so alcohol and cigarettes became my remedy. Around last year I started having doubts about Atheism something was not right. So I started looking into different religions etc. The beginning of this year I joined a private Somali Gaalo group. This was my first time meeting so many Gaalo Somalis. I always taught it was just my friend and I. Most of my friends were Dutch and the only Somalis I have dealt with were my family that’s it. A new world has opened up for me. But it didn’t last long I started to realise that we didn’t see eye to eye on a lot of things. I’ve decided to leave the whole Somali Gaalo community. I felt like I was in a cult and anyone who knows me knows that I can’t stand pple who can’t think for themselves. I said to myself “ I don’t need them. I am lone wolf anyways” slowly I started interacting with more Somali Muslims, some of them became very close friends of mine. I felt more comfortable with them then I did with Gaalo Somalis. I didn’t understand that I was thinking you do not even share faith with them but they treat you like family. I became more and more curious about Islam. So I started watching Islamic video’s on YouTube I didn’t share that with anyone. At the same time I was looking into Christianity I thought that, that would fit me better since I was so westernized. One day my mother and I were talking about religion and I told her about my new found love, Christianity. She was not to pleased to say the least. She said if you are going to believe in a Deen why don’t you return to the faith of your fore fathers. We had a long chat about it, hooyo became very emotional it was the first time in years I have seen her cry about me leaving Islam. She begged me to give it one more chance. If I still don’t want to revert after that she would never bring it up again. I said “ deal.

I’ll do it for you hooyo” that night I’ve downloaded a Quran app. I turned on Surah Baqarah Wallahi the second I heard it I knew that a man didn’t not come up with this! It was the word of God. I had Goosebumps all over my body, I started to shake, any doubt I had about Islam was gone! I said the shahada and slept like a baby. In the morning I woke up for fajr. My mother couldn’t believe her eyes. She broke down and we hugged. We prayed together and I said the shahada again with her. It was the most beautiful moment of my life.

This year has been a rollercoaster ride. I had had ups and downs. But overall it has been a good year Alhamdulilah. I’ve started Medical school, I finally got help for my depression and most importantly I have returned to my beautiful Deen ! Allahu Akbar.

Welcome back abaayo, may Allah make your return to Islam a smooth one, may he make your depression go away and ease your studies for you inshallah.

Don't think because of your age, you are behind anyone, just be grateful for your progression and work for your continued progress.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Great news, Quran is indeed powerful
Wallahi nothing is like it, my "friend" tried to make me listen to Sikh book but I felt nothing and told her I didn't feel anything it just sounded like singing. I saudi to her to listen to quran but she already has and was about to convert but this Afghan muslim boy broke her heart and she wanted to go away from anything related to him. Miskeen I don't have contact with her anymore but inshallah she comes back to learning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending