Foreign Policy Research Institute & Former Amb to Somalia call for Somalilands Recognition

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP

The same man who wrote this article. He deffo gave up on farmaajo now :russ:
A7EE87F9-3228-494F-9125-C40926F9183A.jpeg

This is huge mate. He is arguing that the US needs to out pressure on the African Union. He is the first US Ambassador to Somalia since 1991 and he already gave up on Somalia. All these think tanks see that Somaliland is the only normal and democratic nation in Africa

I can't believe he's the one who gave Farmaajo the make Somalia great again hat:dead1:

This was the best part

"Finally, should Ethiopia dissolve into its component parts, the talks would provide a forum for Ethiopia’s ethnic Somali Ogaden region to negotiate its own association with Somalia, Somaliland, or both."

Map_of_Somaliland_Protectorate.jpg

Somalilandweyn is the cherry on top :lawd::lawd::lawd::lawd::lawd::lawd:

One could argue that with the civil war in Ethiopia putting that country at risk of dissolution, this is not the time for the African Union to entertain Somaliland’s secession. However, the opposite is true. Growing instability in Ethiopia calls for greater stability in the region, which clarity in the Somalia-Somaliland relationship would achieve. Whether the outcome be independence, association, or a hybrid, Somaliland and Somalia would emerge stronger.

"There is civil war in ethiopia with multiple groups fighting for independence....this is the perfect time to recognize Somaliland!"

The mental gymnastics here is something to behold.

And it's telling there's zero mention of how to resolve the myriad of other issues like territorial disputes. These people will say whatever to get them gigs are think tanks.

"Alternatively, if Somaliland achieved independence, it would then be able to assist Somalia with its security challenges in a way that it cannot or will not at present."

what the f*ck?

Last edited:
"There is civil war in ethiopia with multiple groups fighting for independence....this is the perfect time to recognize Somaliland!"

The mental gymnastics here is something to behold.

And it's telling there's zero mention of how to resolve the myriad of other issues like territorial disputes. These people will say whatever to get them gigs are think tanks.

"Alternatively, if Somaliland achieved independence, it would then be able to assist Somalia with its security challenges in a way that it cannot or will not at present."

what the f*ck?

You sound really upset mate. This think tank along with The Heritage Foundation are full of Seasoned US Politicians. To think he doesn't know what he's writing about either shows your ignorance or your extreme hate for anything positive about Somaliland. The guy that wrote this served as US Ambassador to over 15 countries, he knows exactly what he's writing about. The whole world sees Somalilands greatness and potential. Its just the bitter tribal fagash somalians that hate to see it:russsmug:

You sound really upset mate. This think tank along with The Heritage Foundation are full of Seasoned US Politicians. To think he doesn't know what he's writing about either shows your ignorance or your extreme hate for anything positive about Somaliland. The guy that wrote this served as US Ambassador to over 15 countries, he knows exactly what he's writing about. The whole world sees Somalilands greatness and potential. Its just the bitter tribal fagash somalians that hate to see it:russsmug:
These former ambassadors are just mad they never got their way with farmaajo, writing an op ed for breaking up somalia is just a last f*ck you.

If he were serious he would've wrote a serious proposal. Leaving out the fact that half of somaliland's claimed territory is disputed is not a small oversight. And him already talking about Ethiopia disintegrating up and its somali region being able to choose between Somaliland and Somalia is delusional, because it highly unlikely county would disintegrate & the idea they would join somaliland is beyond delusional.

1. Ogaden clan have strong presence in Somalia already.
2. Who joins an unrecognised state where half its territory is disputed and conflict is certain?
3. Somalia has way bigger upside in terms of economic potential.
4. If they want to join Somaliland, they could just do that by joining Somalia :ftw9nwa:

Last edited:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
The Heritage foundation is a conservative think tank.

Yet this is the most progressive administration in American history.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the average SSpot user has more sway with the Biden administration on foreign policy than the Heritage Foundation.

In short, nothing is gonna happen. Republican think tank, Democrat government.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
50% of the Isaaq population in Somalia live in districts 1 (Hargaysa) & 2 (Gabiley), together Maroodijeex. This half of Isaaq has a fertility rate 43% lower than that of Sool, and 40% lower than that of Sanaag.

By my calculations, Isaaq will fall below 50% of the population of British Somaliland by 2029, or about 7 years from now.

Somaliland Fertility.png

I am sure the United States and EU know this fact since they fund these surveys.
No one is going to recognize an area where the majority ethnic group's share of the population is declining by ~1.2% per year.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
50% of the Isaaq population in Somalia live in districts 1 (Hargaysa) & 2 (Gabiley), together Maroodijeex. This half of Isaaq has a fertility rate 43% lower than that of Sool, and 40% lower than that of Sanaag.

By my calculations, Isaaq will fall below 50% of the population of British Somaliland by 2029, or about 7 years from now.

View attachment 206280

I am sure the United States and EU know this fact since they fund these surveys.
No one is going to recognize an area where the majority ethnic group's share of the population is declining by ~1.2% per year.

You need to stop peddling this myth that we are separate ethnicities.

We are one ethnic group.

Take your qabyalaad elsewhere.

We should hurry up and convince Somaliland of a more attractive alternative to secession otherwise third countries will just have enough and recognise SL as independent even if we haven't given our own consent. By then it'll be too late and we'll be whining like a Serbia

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Somaliland should be recognized! I fully support it! Another stable Somali state would not be interest of gaalo unfortunately but I hope it happens.

Somaliland should be recognized! I fully support it! Another stable Somali state would not be interest of gaalo unfortunately but I hope it happens.

Exactly, they don't want any of us Somalis to succeed and that at best we should be peaceful but practically enslaved to aduunka galbeed. That's why Ethiopia won't be allowed to disintegrate

View attachment 206280

I seen you parade this stats all the time. Sanaag is 50/50 sonthey cancel eachothers out. This leaves Sool region. Sool region has 300k people with 8% growth rate, Burco district (not Togdheer) has 450k people with 6% growth rate.

You like to crunch numbers a lot bit when will Sool region catch up to Burco district let alone Hargeisa? This is why no body takes you seriously, you crunch numbers into inconclusive grandiose conclusion that supports your theory. You conveniently left out that of the 1.3 million non Isaaq in Somaliland almost half of them are Gudabursi In Awdal who have similar growth rates to Isaaq regions?

Isaaq are 2 million, non Isaaq are 1.3 million.

Do you honestly believe non Isaaq will outbreed Isaaq by 700k in 7 years?

Anyway UNHCR conducts an estimation every 10 years, the next estimation is going to be released in 2025 max, looking forward to see this theory blow up on your face again.

Master Darood propagandist. Your sole contributions to Somaliland discussions ard cooked up numbers warning of Isaaq demise lol.

I seen you parade this stats all the time. Sanaag is 50/50 sonthey cancel eachothers out. This leaves Sool region. Sool region has 300k people with 8% growth rate, Burco district (not Togdheer) has 450k people with 6% growth rate.

You like to crunch numbers a lot bit when will Sool region catch up to Burco district let alone Hargeisa? This is why no body takes you seriously, you crunch numbers into inconclusive grandiose conclusion that supports your theory. You conveniently left out that of the 1.3 million non Isaaq in Somaliland almost half of them are Gudabursi In Awdal who have similar growth rates to Isaaq regions?

Anyway UNHCR conducts an estimation every 10 years, the next estimation is going to be released in 2025 max, looking forward to see this theory blow up on your face again.

Master Darood propagandist. Your sole contributions to Somaliland discussions ard cooked up numbers warning of Isaaq demise lol.

your clansmen are the worlds biggest consumers of a deadly narcotic called khat by a large margin, it’s health effects is known to lead people to an early demise.

your clansmen are the worlds biggest consumers of a deadly narcotic called khat by a large margin, it’s health effects is known to lead people to an early demise.

What does that have to do with Shepard's track record of questionable antics? So you think crunching up numbers followed by misleading hyperbolic conclusions is a good thing?

Reborn

It's Estimations and they don't even have a population census so regardless the estimations are BS 🤣.
This is from the same group that said Laas Qorey district has the biggest population in Sanaag compare to Ceerigabo and Ceel afweyn 🤣

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
What does that have to do with Shepard's track record of questionable antics? So you think crunching up numbers followed by misleading hyperbolic conclusions is a good thing?
It's Estimations and they don't even have a population census so regardless the estimations are BS 🤣.
This is from the same group that said Laas Qorey district has the biggest population in Sanaag compare to Ceerigabo and Ceel afweyn 🤣
He’s been debunked utterly embarrassingly by tabk but yet continues this nonsense
:

That's not the point either. UNHCR has no clan bias, they're gaalo who couldn't give a shit about which shit tuulo is bigger than the other. But Shepard has done everything in his power to misrepresent, mislead and miss represent UNHCR for his Pan Darood agenda.

Trending

Latest posts