Foreign Languages that should be taught in schools in Somalia

reer

VIP
1.English
2.Swahili
3.Oromo
4.Amharic
5.Arabic

These are the 5 essential languages and should depend on the state and the country it borders.
For example
SL: Arabic,Afan Oromo,Amharic
PL: Arabic,Afan Oromo,Amharic
GM: Afan Oromo,Amharic
HS: Afan Oromo,Amharic
KG: Afan Oromo,Amharic
JL: Swahili,Afan Oromo,Amharic

Xamar: af elaay & af reer woqoyi.:p
Swahili and Oromo are not necessary to understand Kenya and Ethiopia, English and Amharic are all you need.

Somalia really needs more people fluent in Amharic. We don’t really understand Ethiopia as well as we should. It is a black box to me. Meanwhile I have a great understanding of Kenya because I can just watch Kenyan tv in English.

1- English
2- Amharic
3- Arabic

I talked about the lack of Somali Amharic speakers a while ago after noticing this blindspot.

:susp::susp::susp: we need a will between us and the enemies. not to integrate with them. tf is this? i am thoroughly disgusted. la xawla. i need to do ghusl. :susp::susp::susp:

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Swahili and Oromo are not necessary to understand Kenya and Ethiopia, English and Amharic are all you need.

Somalia really needs more people fluent in Amharic. We don’t really understand Ethiopia as well as we should. It is a black box to me. Meanwhile I have a great understanding of Kenya because I can just watch Kenyan tv in English.

1- English
2- Amharic
3- Arabic

I talked about the lack of Somali Amharic speakers a while ago after noticing this blindspot.

By the time somalia gets back on its feet we will be in a position to make somali a National language in Ethiopia and have them speak somali instead. We are the third biggest ethnic group in Ethiopia and somali is a larger ethnic group than amhara, why on earth should we speak their language (unless your from dire dawa)?

exposedmeat

i do it anyway i like
1.English
2.Swahili
3.Oromo
4.Amharic
5.Arabic

These are the 5 essential languages and should depend on the state and the country it borders.
For example
SL: Arabic,Afan Oromo,Amharic
PL: Arabic,Afan Oromo,Amharic
GM: Afan Oromo,Amharic
HS: Afan Oromo,Amharic
KG: Afan Oromo,Amharic
JL: Swahili,Afan Oromo,Amharic

Xamar: af elaay & af reer woqoyi.:p
:ulyin:i see u preparing them for their colonizer
sl amharic even tho they teach their kids already
pl oromo
gm,hs,kg,jl swahil
djoubity afan arabic,
:mjlaugh::mjlaugh:smart nigga, he knows somalia failed and will never gonna come back

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Somalia already has a strong Arabic and English programme for their schools, laakin the problem is the teaching quality.

If you go to a good school, the teaching quality of foreign languages is very good. By Form 3, one should be relatively proficient in both languages. Laakin if you go to a hopeless school, the teachers are also hopeless and the children barely learn much past hello, which is the majority of schools.

Also, in every major city in Somalia there are language schools people can sign up for that teaches English, Arabic, Italian and possibly Turkish/French/Swahili/Amharic (rare tho). Those are usually taught by people who are fluent in the language and its good quality teaching.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Somalia already has a strong Arabic and English programme for their schools, laakin the problem is the teaching quality.

If you go to a good school, the teaching quality of foreign languages is very good. By Form 3, one should be relatively proficient in both languages. Laakin if you go to a hopeless school, the teachers are also hopeless and the children barely learn much past hello, which is the majority of schools.

Also, in every major city in Somalia there are language schools people can sign up for that teaches English, Arabic, Italian and possibly Turkish/French/Swahili/Amharic (rare tho). Those are usually taught by people who are fluent in the language and its good quality teaching.
This is probably the most truth I’ve seen on this forum in a while. I physically cannot emphasise how straight facts this is. I have cousins who went to top Turkish run academies and ones who went to local xaafad schools. Both learn from pretty much the same curriculum but a simple conversation in English with either will tell you how extremely wide the teaching gap is between the 2

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
This is probably the most truth I’ve seen on this forum in a while. I physically cannot emphasise how straight facts this is. I have cousins who went to top Turkish run academies and ones who went to local xaafad schools. Both learn from pretty much the same curriculum but a simple conversation in English with either will tell you how extremely wide the teaching gap is between the 2

I have seen the syllabus for foreign language subjects, it is not bad as it was prepped by the FGS in conjunction with UNESCO.

If you look at a Form 3 Arabic test in Somalia, you are required to write a poem or an essay about a certain subject, like one does in English class over here. A kid in a half-decent school in Somalia, will have been taught well enough in which they can understand the question and write an essay they understand.The kid in a shambles school will memorise draft essays on topics and regurgitate them onto the exam paper.

The problem is that the FGS has bigger problems. For them, the most they could do was make a decent syllabus and hand it to the schools. Laakin what is required is a certification system for teachers and a regular review process of teaching at schools in the country.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
@Sheikh Kulkuli, learn Amharic yourself. You will truly understand the mindset of ET on Youtube if you learn Amhara. Its like a FKD goldmine, the shit they say can get them cancelled so many times.

Also, it should be English, Arabic, Chinese, Amharic and Italian.

@Sheikh Kulkuli, learn Amharic yourself. You will truly understand the mindset of ET on Youtube if you learn Amhara. Its like a FKD goldmine, the shit they say can get them cancelled so many times.

Also, it should be English, Arabic, Chinese, Amharic and Italian.
That is the reason why most Israeli soilders and israelis speak arabic.

Amhara are racist if only somalis knew what they say on their platforms.

Amharic is one language I would have wished to learn.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
That is the reason why most Israeli soilders and israelis speak arabic.

Amhara are racist if only somalis knew what they say on their platforms.

Amharic is one language I would have wished to learn.
One thing I realised with Amharic is that, if you don't practise it or is your daily convo, you would truly forget. Doofaro can easily learn Somali, but even Google Translate makes mistakes when it comes to Ahmaric. Heck, some words are untranslatable.

Trending

Latest posts