Foreign Languages that should be taught in schools in Somalia

1.English
2.Swahili
3.Oromo
4.Amharic
5.Arabic

These are the 5 essential languages and should depend on the state and the country it borders.
For example
SL: Arabic,Afan Oromo,Amharic
PL: Arabic,Afan Oromo,Amharic
GM: Afan Oromo,Amharic
HS: Afan Oromo,Amharic
KG: Afan Oromo,Amharic
JL: Swahili,Afan Oromo,Amharic

Xamar: af elaay & af reer woqoyi.:p

Based

VIP
Why should I learn Amharic and Oromo? Useless languages outside of Ethiopia.

English, Arabic, Spanish, French and Italian should be the languages taught in Somali schools but the latter 3 are optional of course.

Why should I learn Amharic and Oromo? Useless languages outside of Ethiopia.

English, Arabic, Spanish, French and Italian should be the languages taught in Somali schools but the latter 3 are optional of course.
Because there has been alot of migrations of oromos and amharic speaking people into Somalia.

1. Arabic
2. English

Most Somali kids go to dugsi so it'd be a lot easier if they learned Arabic at a young age in order to understand things like ahkam and tafseer, and considering how similar both languages are and how many shiekhs/goverment officials know it there shouldn't be a problem in implementation. English should be taught later on in school (around high school level) and should only be extensively taught to students who are capable of moving internationally.

1. Arabic
2. English

Most Somali kids go to dugsi so it'd be a lot easier if they learned Arabic at a young age in order to understand things like ahkam and tafseer, and considering how similar both languages are and how many shiekhs/goverment officials know it there shouldn't be a problem in implementation. English should be taught later on in school (around high school level) and should only be extensively taught to students who are capable of moving internationally.
I am not talking about Dayusbora.

Muzaffer

𝕮𝖔𝖒𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖊 𝕲𝖊𝖓𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖑
Arabic English only

English is an international language and Arabic is the language of our faith so any other language is useless in Somalia

1. Af maay for those who speak af maxaa
2. Af maxaa for those who don’t speak it
3. Arabic
4. English
5. Optional, one regional language ( Swahili, Oromo etc)

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
Yeah no. Any foreigner coming into somalia needs to learn somali. F ethiopians. I dont mind learn af maay tho.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Swahili and Oromo are not necessary to understand Kenya and Ethiopia, English and Amharic are all you need.

Somalia really needs more people fluent in Amharic. We don’t really understand Ethiopia as well as we should. It is a black box to me. Meanwhile I have a great understanding of Kenya because I can just watch Kenyan tv in English.

1- English
2- Amharic
3- Arabic

I talked about the lack of Somali Amharic speakers a while ago after noticing this blindspot.

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
How fitting a foreigner telling us to learn foreign languages, you don't need foreign languages beyond english and arabic which are already taught in schools.

Swahili ? Amharic, this qowsaar has no shame.

How fitting a foreigner telling us to learn foreign languages, you don't need foreign languages beyond english and arabic which are already taught in schools.

Swahili ? Amharic, this qowsaar has no shame.
Your whole fam was brought by msb in 1970s from Ethiopia so unless you hsvent forgotten hirabu goitas mother tongue then you are fine.

Trending