Forbes - Blacks/Africans in AI (Artificial Intelligence)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tukraq

VIP
I doubt many will join the field, don’t you need a PhD in computer science to get into machine learning to develope ai:bell: most barely join this field let alone waste that much time and money on a hope of entering the field although they should, easier to get hired as a black person due to diversity quotas:hemad:

Muji

VIP
I doubt many will join the field, don’t you need a PhD in computer science to get into machine learning to develope ai:bell: most barely join this field let alone waste that much time and money on a hope of entering the field although they should, easier to get hired as a black person due to diversity quotas:hemad:

There’s no such thing as a diversity quota

Tech companies are realising when you have similar people in a company they tend to come up with the same ideas

Similar when only cadan people work for a company, they implicitly only design for cadans because they only have themselves as a reference point.

These big companies like google and Apple want to reach the Asian and African market hence why they are keen to recruit from a more diverse pool. Please stop spreading fake alt right propaganda like this.

Apollo

VIP

Tech companies are realising when you have similar people in a company they tend to come up with the same ideas

Similar when only cadan people work for a company, they implicitly only design for cadans because they only have themselves as a reference point.

These big companies like google and Apple want to reach the Asian and African market hence why they are keen to recruit from a more diverse pool. Please stop spreading fake alt right propaganda like this.

I was once at this tech-related conference for my job and I was literally the only African there out of like a few thousand attendants. It was just Whites, East Asians, and some Desis/Indians. I felt so out of place. :lol:

Tukraq

VIP

I live in Seattle we’re all these companies are headquartered it’s really competitive for Asians and whites who make up 90 percent of the industry, especially Asians who are even better than whites at it straight out of China, however companies do have diversity quotas for black and latino men and women where there’s no way if they meet the requirements they get rejected, tech companies here pretty much don’t keep it a secret here in America, similarly things like this happen at colleges to like Harvard to Asians:mjlol: but I don’t care or feel bad if I’m benefiting:lolbron:

Tukraq

VIP
I was once at this tech-related conference for my job and I was literally the only African there out of like a few thousand attendants. It was just Whites, East Asians, and some Desis/Indians. I felt so out of place. :lol:
Yeah she doesn’t know what she’s talking about if your black, Latino or a woman of any race other than Asian and meet the requirements you’ll have a 100 percent success rate because their diversity reports get released to the newspapers and they have like 95 percent white or Asian male workers every year

Muji

VIP
I live in Seattle we’re all these companies are headquartered it’s really competitive for Asians and whites who make up 90 percent of the industry, especially Asians who are even better than whites at it straight out of China, however companies do have diversity quotas for black and latino men and women where there’s no way if they meet the requirements they get rejected, tech companies here pretty much don’t keep it a secret here in America, similarly things like this happen at colleges to like Harvard to Asians:mjlol: but I don’t care or feel bad if I’m benefiting:lolbron:

If that’s the case why don’t you work for google?????

Walk into their office and tell them you’re a black refugee.

I just explained to you why these companies need a more diverse pool to reflect the people who buy their products. There have been many cases where these companies have been fined because they did not make their products accessible to disabled people. Who can design products for black/disabled/Indian people than the people who live their experience?

Muji

VIP

Apparently if you are black its easy to get in there lol wallahi the trash that is spoken here

Tukraq

VIP
If that’s the case why don’t you work for google?????

Walk into their office and tell them you’re a black refugee.

I just explained to you why these companies need a more diverse pool to reflect the people who buy their products. There have been many cases where these companies have been fined because they did not make their products accessible to disabled people. Who can design products for black/disabled/Indian people than the people who live their experience?
You just have to meet their requirements so basically a bachelors in computer science degree, however most black and Latino people don’t do it, although many geeljires have been joining the industry here in seattle

Muji

VIP
You just have to meet their requirements so basically a bachelors in computer science degree, however most black and Latino people don’t do it, although many geeljires have been joining the industry here in seattle

Oh so they do have to meet the same requirements as cadan people.

Apollo

VIP
Apparently if you are black its easy to get in there lol wallahi the trash that is spoken here

It was in Europe though.. perhaps that should be a factor. Nevertheless, it was an important global conference with Japanese, Chinese, Singaporeans, Taiwanese, Koreans there. I swear I did not see any remotely African face at that conference out of ~4K people. It was an absolute catastrophe :lol:

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
It reminds me of this story that i saw few years ago
:
White americans want more diversity:siilaanyolaugh: for the sake of having niggas:samwelcome:

Emily

🥰🥰🥰
VIP
African excellence
giphy.gif

Wow that xabashi chick is genuinely impressive. Bachelors in Mathematics from Harvard university and a PhD in computer science from Cornell. :hmm:

Meanwhile, 68 IQ xaliimos doing gender studies and spazzing out on Twitter...:jcoleno:

Apollo

VIP
Meanwhile, 68 IQ xaliimos doing gender studies and spazzing out on Twitter...:jcoleno:

Few if any Somalis do those grievance studies/humanities degrees.

They do social science too much (there is a qualitative difference between social sciences and humanities). Some social sciences like business, economics and law are respectable though.

Few if any Somalis do those grievance studies/humanities degrees.

They do social science too much (there is a qualitative difference between social sciences and humanities). Some social sciences like business, economics and law are respectable though.

Yeah I respect Law and economics (which is very math heavy), business is a bit iffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.