For those Somali's from Ethiopia's Somali Region/Somali Galbeed

Let's say a referendum were organized for you guys, what would you vote on?

1-To join Somalia?
2-Join Djibouti and make a new country?
3-Be independent?

or?

Som

VIP
I have family in somali galbeed but I'm not from there my self.
I think they should either join somalia when it becomes stable or be independent.
Why would Ogaden want to join a small country like Djibouti? Only Issas in somali Galbeed would agree.
Another option would be to increase the territories of somali countries: Djibouti gets Issa's territories in Somali Galbeed, Somaliland gets Haud area and Isaaq majority territories, Somalia gets everything else of somali galbeed, some parts would join PL, some parts would join Galmudug and some others would Join Jubbaland, Hiraan and Southwest.

They prefer to join Somali Republic but independence is more plausible/likely. The entire reason for State of Soomaliland uniting with the Trusteeship ofSoomaalia was to give self-determination to Hawd andReserved Areas, Ogaadeeniya, and greater Hararga regions.

The Trusteeship of Amisom Soomaalia inviting ENDF/KDF to occupy it's territory is a violation of the principles of the 1960 Law ofUnion between the State of Somalilaand and the Trusteeship of Somaalia

Last edited:
My only concern is that Somali Galbeed would be a big landlocked country with very few resources that can be easily extracted by locals

The Hawd andReseved Areas would never be landlocked wither its part of an independent DDS or SomaaliRepublic likewise Ogaadeniya will always be connected to JL and easternHararga is economically linked to Djibouti/JSL. The can never be a blockade of those territories

If Djibouti and Singapore can survive as independent states, Ogaadeniya/Hararga/Hawd republic can too

Som

VIP
The Hawd andReseved Areas would never be landlocked wither its part of an independent DDS or SomaaliRepublic likewise Ogaadeniya will always be connected to JL and easternHararga is economically linked to Djibouti/JSL. The can never be a blockade of the territory.

If Djibouti and Singapore can survive as independent states, Ogaadeniya/Hararga/Hawd republic can too
Singapore is a first world country, so it's difficult to compare Somali Galbeed with that.
Djibouti is surviving but only by selling their country to foreign militaries. I know Somali Galbeed main trading partners would be Somalia and Somaliland which have see access, but that's not enough to secure a good economic future for the people.
Somali Galbeed could use Ethiopian built infrastructure but that's not much, it's already one of the least developed regions of Ethiopia and it would have troubles if independent

Singapore is a first world country, so it's difficult to compare Somali Galbeed with that.
Djibouti is surviving but only by selling their country to foreign militaries. I know Somali Galbeed main trading partners would be Somalia and Somaliland which have see access, but that's not enough to secure a good economic future for the people.
Somali Galbeed could use Ethiopian built infrastructure but that's not much, it's already one of the least developed regions of Ethiopia and it would have troubles if independent

Singapore and South Korea not start out as developed nations.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There is nothing economic that Ogaadeniya gets from uniting with Somaali Republic but centrifugal clan politics forces are stabilized by uniting with the Republic. The real problem is DDS remaining united after independence, not development.

United DDS possibly under SomaliRepublic would have control and connections over many trade routes, especially the Djibouti-AddisAbaba route. Ogaadeniya also has many resources but unification stabilizes it.

A stable and independent Ogaadeniya can get economic development and at worst they could surpass other African countries like Namibia or even Botswana. The most important facto for development is stability and the right mix of free markets and government intervention that helped Singapore surpass larger African nations with more resources

Interesting replies so far. Question: how would you guys go about it though? Meaning, of course, it cannot happen over night, it has to be gradual, even the Eritreans, despite winning in battle, had to organize a referendum, then vote, then it became official in like 1-2 years.
Eritrea had its borders established during Italian colonialism- but the somali state has border disagreements with some of its neighbors-i.e. oromia and afar- how would you guys propose settling that without endless wars that none of us benefit from?!

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I have family in somali galbeed but I'm not from there my self.
I think they should either join somalia when it becomes stable or be independent.
Why would Ogaden want to join a small country like Djibouti? Only Issas in somali Galbeed would agree.
Another option would be to increase the territories of somali countries: Djibouti gets Issa's territories in Somali Galbeed, Somaliland gets Haud area and Isaaq majority territories, Somalia gets everything else of somali galbeed, some parts would join PL, some parts would join Galmudug and some others would Join Jubbaland, Hiraan and Southwest.
f*ck no somaliland ain’t getting shut from us, they turn in somali galbeed activists to Ethiopia. Nacala they are our enemy.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Its oil rich

Let's say a referendum were organized for you guys, what would you vote on?

1-To join Somalia?
2-Join Djibouti and make a new country?
3-Be independent?

or?
Majority of people would like to join Somaliland as Hawd originally belonged to us and believe Gadabursi would be happy if their territories s joined up under Somaliland authority as that will reunite their lands

f*ck no somaliland ain’t getting shut from us, they turn in somali galbeed activists to Ethiopia. Nacala they are our enemy.
Blah blah Cagdheer you don't control our lands go worry about xaaboosh who use your politicians like and we are getting our lands back once Ethiopia falls down

Trending