Fitness Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Clean n jerk and the snatch are awesome lifts but remember to focus on technique before adding weight and don't feel bad if you fail. I remember the snatch was so difficult for me but once I started it's become top 5 favourite lifts.
Yeah im getting use to it but hopefully i can push more weight by end of next month. Its actually fun once you the hang of it

@Gucci mane
I've never had a shoulder injury while benching, I suspect that you might be doing 1 or 2 things wrong before benching.

1. You ain't keeping your scaptula retracted when benching, keeping you back and shoulder tight is important. If you ain't keeping it tight, your shoulder become loose when benching and that causes injury as your putting pressure on your shoulders as you bring the weight towards your chest and bringing it up.

2. Before benching it is important to make sure to warm up your shoulders by using resistance bands or light weight, there are a few warm up exercises you can find on YouTube.

RICH

The Qadr of Allaah ta’aala is always in our favor.
What do you eat when you’re cutting? I feel like I’ve been eating the same things over and over again.

While cutting I feel like I’m not eating enough because of getting dizzy when I give my all during weight training. Is it something I will get used to or do I need to change my diet?

@RICH

Typically my meals are basically the same when cutting but I lower the portion, if your starting to hate eating the same meals over and over again, you could always switch it up but still eating around your caloric and macro-nutrient needs.

In regards to dizziness, I think it might be two things for you .

1. You are probably extremely strict when cutting

If your cutting make sure your eating just below maintenance there no need to go way down quickly, you need your body to adjust to the changes your about to do. Also, make sure your drinking enough water and taking multi-vit

2. this is going to be linked but because you might not be eating enough you are probably training to your maximum effort, which will make you lightheaded

I suggest eating at your maintenance calories for a week or two just for your body to re-adjust and continue your cut after by taking notes every time you get on the scale. Only continue to reduce the calories if you've hit a plateau ( if you don't want to reduce, you could always up your cardio by incorporating HIIT twice a week with your normal weight training)

RICH

@RICH

Typically my meals are basically the same when cutting but I lower the portion, if your starting to hate eating the same meals over and over again, you could always switch it up but still eating around your caloric and macro-nutrient needs.

In regards to dizziness, I think it might be two things for you .

1. You are probably extremely strict when cutting

If your cutting make sure your eating just below maintenance there no need to go way down quickly, you need your body to adjust to the changes your about to do. Also, make sure your drinking enough water and taking multi-vit

2. this is going to be linked but because you might not be eating enough you are probably training to your maximum effort, which will make you lightheaded

I suggest eating at your maintenance calories for a week or two just for your body to re-adjust and continue your cut after by taking notes every time you get on the scale. Only continue to reduce the calories if you've hit a plateau ( if you don't want to reduce, you could always up your cardio by incorporating HIIT twice a week with your normal weight training)

That’s exactly my problem I’m not eating just below my maintenance, but a lot less. Which makes it harder for me to stay on top of my diet. I think I should use myfitnesspal again... tracking my food really helped when I wanted to gain muscle. Laakin I don’t use the scale no more. I only make pictures and measure myself.

I’m not trying to lose weight but I just need to lower by body fat to get more toned. Laakin it feels like I’m in a constant battle. Ghair in shaa Allah. I just need to stay more consistent with my diet.

I’m already doing HIIT sessions on the treadmill but I’m not sure if it is good enough, so I’m thinking of switching it up with another HIIT training... Thank you!!

SumMo

very lowkey
If anyone needs fitness and nutritional advice, feel free to ask below. I've been in this game for 5 years.

:nvjpqts:
Okei, I have one.

So I actively go to the gym. I mainly focus on my stomach and bum when exercising, and I might attend zumba and yoga classes once in a while.

As of lately I also want to work on my arms as well. Other than using the machines available, what workouts are great for building upper-body strength?

And what nutritional advice would you give me, as I am a petite woman? I usually eat whatever I want to, and try my best to stay healthy. I tend to drink smoothies and I eat at-least one fruit a day (such as grapes, apples, mangos, etc..). thx

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

RICH

Okei, I have one.

So I actively go to the gym. I mainly focus on my stomach and bum when exercising, and I might attend zumba and yoga classes once in a while.

As of lately I also want to work on my arms as well. Other than using the machines available, what workouts are great for building upper-body strength?

And what nutritional advice would you give me, as I am a petite woman? I usually eat whatever I want to, and try my best to stay healthy. I tend to drink smoothies and I eat at-least one fruit a day (such as grapes, apples, mangos, etc..). thx

Girl you need to follow them on insta! A lot of my work outs are based on theirs and Whitney has her own YouTube channel with more work outs. You should use weights instead of only machines. When you work on your arms, you also should train your shoulders, back, delts. You will love your results.

Okei, I have one.

I agree with the workouts rich posted, I'd suggest also incoparating bench and overheadpress to increase upper body strenghth and if your working your lower body ( like all girls do ) I'm taking a guess you also squat and deadlift, right?

In regards to diet, stay away from processed food or cut down, try to eat as fresh as possible. A balanced meal with protein, carbs and fats.

Xaagi-Cagmadigtee

Guul ama Dhimasho
If you wanna lose weight and transform your physique, you gotta shock your body. Change routines, don't do same weight lifting routines and activities every day or every other day.

Also while lifting weights take small breaks and get back to lifting immediately. That does two things: one, it builds muscles that burn fat all day, and two, it increases your heart rate and you reap cardio workout at the same time.

Some days, don't even go the gym but run and then do pushups/sit-ups in the park. As days start getting longer and warmer, I tend to do my lion share of my workouts outdoors in the park and trails in the neighborhood.

Note: don't lock your arms when doing dumbbells. Girl in the video is doing all wrong- locking her arms and jerking side to side. It is an indication the weights are too heavy for her.

RICH

If you wanna lose weight and transform your physique, you gotta shock your body. Change routines, don't do same weight lifting routines and activities every day or every other day.

Also while lifting weights take small breaks and get back to lifting immediately. That does two things: one, it builds muscles that burn fat all day, and two, it increases your heart rate and you reap cardio workout at the same time.

Some days, don't even go the gym but run and then do pushups/sit-ups in the park. As days start getting longer and warmer, I tend to do my lion share of my workouts outdoors in the park and trails in the neighborhood.

Note: don't lock your arms when doing dumbbells. Girl in the video is doing all wrong- locking her arms and jerking side to side. It is an indication the weights are too heavy for her.

Yh I've been switching it up since I feel like I’m not seeing much change anymore compared to when I started lifting. Instead of going to the gym most of the days I incorporated kickboxing in my routine, but I think I will start running outside as well. Thanks for the tip. Btw which video were you talking about? The first girl?

SumMo

very lowkey
I agree with the workouts rich posted, I'd suggest also incoparating bench and overheadpress to increase upper body strenghth and if your working your lower body ( like all girls do ) I'm taking a guess you also squat and deadlift, right?

In regards to diet, stay away from processed food or cut down, try to eat as fresh as possible. A balanced meal with protein, carbs and fats.

Thanks, very informative. Yeah, I still struggle with eating vegetables. I will eat it with my dinner, but never by itself as a salad. I’m working on it though..
:tacky:

wars

Inhermouth
Is going to gym two consecutive days week good enough? I’m a athletic looking and my height is 6’2 at a 170 lbs and 19% fat.

My goal is to be atleast 220lbs and 10% fat

Xaagi-Cagmadigtee

Guul ama Dhimasho
Yh I've been switching it up since I feel like I’m not seeing much change anymore compared to when I started lifting. Instead of going to the gym most of the days I incorporated kickboxing in my routine, but I think I will start running outside as well. Thanks for the tip. Btw which video were you talking about? The first girl?

Yes, first video. She has her arms locked, not a good thing. But it goes for anything you do that extends your arms, like bench pressing, reclining or declining press.

If you are going out to jog, get yourself a partner to jog with or in a high traffic runners path. I jog on my own in the trails in my city or just outside. As for diet, I cut down on rice, spaghetti, bread or anything carbohydrates but not eliminated it. I still enjoy my foods but keep an eye on the amount I eat. I added more chicken sandwiches, chicken salads, and Caesar salads instead. I also enjoy eating salmon, my favorite fish in the world, especially wild Alaskan King Salmon.

Good work and good luck in your fitness goals.

Ooo I like this thread very informative mashaAllah.

So I have been weight training for nearly a year now and this ramadan will be my first ramadan. I'm expecting a loss of mass because I would have to reduce number of sessions per week. My question is how do you people maintain your body during that month?
E.g. When is the best time for a work out... morning, before afur or after afur?
Food wise how on earth do you hit your calorie goals? (I get full very quickly)

Xaagi-Cagmadigtee

Guul ama Dhimasho
Ooo I like this thread very informative mashaAllah.

So I have been weight training for nearly a year now and this ramadan will be my first ramadan. I'm expecting a loss of mass because I would have to reduce number of sessions per week. My question is how do you people maintain your body during that month?
E.g. When is the best time for a work out... morning, before afur or after afur?
Food wise how on earth do you hit your calorie goals? (I get full very quickly)

Good questions. Let me see if I can answer some and perhaps others can chime in as well.

Invariably you lose some mass, but more often some water weight, during Ramadan. That is expected. No cause for concern.

People differ, but I like to do some light weights an hour or two before afur. I tell myself I can manage surviving another hour before break of fast. Fasting is 18 hours in my latitude. I can't workout with full stomach and it takes me the whole night (the little we have up here) to digest my food. I do three times a week, perhaps cut it down to two times a week at the tail end of Ramadan.

There are apps that count your calorie, check them out. MyFitnessPal is a good app for calorie counting. Your smartphone come with some built in fitness apps, too.

Good questions. Let me see if I can answer some and perhaps others can chime in as well.

Invariably you lose some mass, but more often some water weight, during Ramadan. That is expected. No cause for concern.

People differ, but I like to do some light weights an hour or two before afur. I tell myself I can manage surviving another hour before break of fast. Fasting is 18 hours in my latitude. I can't workout with full stomach and it takes me the whole night (the little we have up here) to digest my food. I do three times a week, perhaps cut it down to two times a week at the tail end of Ramadan.

There are apps that count your calorie, check them out. MyFitnessPal is a good app for calorie counting. Your smartphone come with some built in fitness apps, too.

Thanks for the response. Light weights before afur... got it. Reassuring to know about water weight. Also I do use MFL but I feel like there is a risk of undereating with me (as I feel very full so I can't eat anymore). Maybe there is a trick what to eat first to get maximum benefit.

Is going to gym two consecutive days week good enough? I’m a athletic looking and my height is 6’2 at a 170 lbs and 19% fat.

My goal is to be atleast 220lbs and 10% fat

If those 2 days are the only time you can train, do a upper body 1 day and lower body the other day. You could also do full body workouts on both days with 1 day focusing on strength and power movements such as squat - bench - Overhead press and dead lifts and the other day can be focued on hypertrophy workouts

Agree, To add to you point during Ramadan i usually train straight after breaking fast, I eat and drink something small and train for 1 hr and come back for my meals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts