Fitness Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tjioux

the pussy is never yours, its just your turn.
If anyone needs fitness and nutritional advice, feel free to ask below. I've been in this game for 5 years.

:nvjpqts:

What do you think of eating sugar/ fast carbs directly after workouts to increase the hormon insulin?

Do you pay alot of attention to positive nitrogen balance?

Do u count ur macros? If yes, whats ur split?

Do u keep track of ur improvements in weight?

Do u sleep good? And what would u say about the importance of sleep and gains?

how do you plan your meal.. when bulking? what type of food do you eat? how many times a day do you eat..etc? do you meal prep the entire week ahead of time or just cook as the meal time comes around? I started lifting recently but nutrition is fucking me up. Im 6'6 178 lb. it took me a year to go from 170 to 178.. Im trynna get to 215-230 lb by the end of 2018

What do you think of eating sugar/ fast carbs directly after workouts to increase the hormon insulin?

Do you pay alot of attention to positive nitrogen balance?

Do u count ur macros? If yes, whats ur split?

Do u keep track of ur improvements in weight?

Do u sleep good? And what would u say about the importance of sleep and gains?

Personally, I don't see it necessary for the average lifter to be eating fast digesting carbohydrates after a workout since, since you wont deplete your glycogen levels unless your a athlete who trains multiple times a day. The notion behind insulin needing to be spiked is not founded to begin with since your body is always keeping blood sugar and insulin levels at a fairly good range regardless of what you eat. Though if you want to consume a post workout sugar, which fits into your carbohydrate requirements is totally up to you but that is my take on this matter, at the end of the day it is all about eating enough to grow.

I actually don't since I eat enough protein, I'm not worried about going into a negative nitrogen balance ( Though , if you want to test your nitrogen balance you could buy a urine testing strips to test nitrogen level , they are very cheap to buy)

I always count my macros, I am currently back to bulking at the moment and I'm following a high carb 60/25/15 split eating 3000 calories a day ( 450g Carbohydrates , 188g Protein and 50g Fats )

If you are talking about body-weight, I always weight myself every week and take a note to see if I am losing weight or gaining weight . I adjust my split based on these weekly notes, since i prefer to lean bulk than dirty bulk which I've did in the past and reached around 110 kg ( 242 lbs) which is too big for a guy who is 5'10.

Currently my sleeping pattern is messed up ( 3 hrs a day) since I'm at University I have exams and assignment to prioritise. This resulted in my performance in the gym to go down since I'm sleep deprived. Getting your minimum of 6-8 hr sleep is important, as it give your body time to relax and heal itself for your next session.

Last edited:
how do you plan your meal.. when bulking? what type of food do you eat? how many times a day do you eat..etc? do you meal prep the entire week ahead of time or just cook as the meal time comes around? I started lifting recently but nutrition is fucking me up. Im 6'6 178 lb. it took me a year to go from 170 to 178.. Im trynna get to 215-230 lb by the end of 2018

When bulking I make sure not to go all out, since i bulk for about 6-12 months it is very easy to lose track ,which results with a lot of people getting fat. When I am at home I always cook when I am ready to eat, since I eat about 4 meals a day I like my food to be fresh but If I am busy through out the day I prep my meals in advance to save time. The foods that I eat are very simple such as rice,chicken,eggs,oats,beef,avocados etc,

I suggest that you look into a macro-nutrition calculator, there are plenty to find online but ill leave link at the end of this post. Once you find your maintenance calories add 500 calories extra when bulking and make sure you keep track of your weight gain and adjust accordingly every 1-2 weeks.

Once you find your calories needed to bulk using the next link, will tell the amount of carbs,protein and fats to intake in accordance to your calories. Though, I want you to remember these figures that they give is only a estimate make sure you take weekly notes as mentioned before.

https://www.iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

http://macronutrientcalculator.com/

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Holy shit you are skinny. At 6'6 you should be well over 200. Im only 6'2 and i weigh about 195lbs but thats cause im bulking.

You should drink weightgainer and creatine but im going to warn you that you will probably gain weight fast. Once you reach your goal you start prepping meals and begin you cut.

Don't worry I wont judge :)

The best way to fight food addiction is gradually reducing the amount of food you eat on your favourite snacks instead of just completely stopping, as it will lead to you relapsing and stuffing yourself ( an experience I've learned ). When you are slowly reducing your favourite food, replacing it with a better alternative until the day you don't crave for it, is a good way to fight the addiction.

Nalle

🥰🥰🥰
How do I gain weight, I've literally been having the same weight for the past 6 years. My metabolism is over 9000:jcoleno:

GuyFromMadina

Come move with the movement [General GWOP]
Can you please tell how to fight food addiction?thanks and don't judge please lol

Softt.. You're probably the type to associate any type of stress or anxiety to food .. so that it calms you down.

A cigarette smoker is the same.. your cigarette would be food. Smoke up still..

What foods you do you avoid specifically?

There are not much foods I avoid entirely, it's about being discipline with your diet. Though foods/ drinks I haven't had in a long time are soda drinks, red meat and carbs that a packed with sugar. I also try to stay away from saturated fats and eat foods with unsaturated fats for my fat source like avocados, oily fish like salmon and nuts

[/QUOTE]
How do I gain weight, I've literally been having the same weight for the past 6 years. My metabolism is over 9000:jcoleno:

You might not be actually eating alot, first find your caloric maintenance in order to see how many calories your body needs to sustain your current weight

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Thinking about starting clean and jerk lift. My friend crossfits so im going get him to coach me before i start doing it on my own. Aint trynna injure myself.

Clean n jerk and the snatch are awesome lifts but remember to focus on technique before adding weight and don't feel bad if you fail. I remember the snatch was so difficult for me but once I started it's become top 5 favourite lifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts