FGS cabinet signs off on Turkish Naval agreement, which is to be implemented within 24 hours!

This better not be true. Otherwise, we're f*cked :mjkkk:

None of the of the oil- and gas companies that have contracts with FGS are Turkish, which means a separate cut of the revenue for them. The profit-sharing are usually high in the early stages for these entities to recoup expenses for exploration and drilling. Not including corruption and other factors, I'm afraid that only a fraction of revenue will end up in state coffers for development.

I hope there's more to this agreement that we don't know yet.
First of all it takes more than 10 years to build a deep sea oil extraction and they need to drop a couple of billions for the infrastructure

@Pastoralist I just hope that there's more transparency to these type far-reaching agreements moving forward. Not saying that it's bad, but if we're binding ourselves to deal lasting a decade, and involving the country's recourses, then the public needs to know more about what it entails before its pushed through parliament on the same day. And whatever exchange we agree upon is grounded on reasonable benefits, first and foremost for the country. And secondly, our counterparts.

💯 why do you think it was rushed? Because the general public would not have agreed to it. No one even understands what the deal entails. Imagine a random Turk coming to you to safe guard your coast knowing very well that you are sitting on trillion dollars of oil.

All we ever needed was to sign a deal with the big giant oil companies. The revenue FGS generates from it is enough to build a naval force with the latest state of the art weapons and equipments.

This is an embarrassing deal and HSM knows it hence keeping it secret and rushing it within 24 hours

💯 why do you think it was rushed? Because the general public would not have agreed to it. No one even understands what the deal entails. Imagine a random Turk coming to you to safe guard your coast knowing very well that you are sitting on trillion dollars of oil.

All we ever needed was to sign a deal with the big giant oil companies. The revenue FGS generates from it is enough to build a naval force with the latest state of the art weapons and equipments.

This is an embarrassing deal and HSM knows it hence keeping it secret and rushing it within 24 hours
Offshore oil is apart of the “blue economy?” I thought it was just fisheries and stuff like that. I knew this shit sounded too good to be true
:snoop:

First of all it takes more than 10 years to build a deep sea oil extraction and they need to drop a couple of billions for the infrastructure

If I recall correctly, Guyana found their major oil discovery in 2015 and started with oil production by 2019. These infrastructure to accommodate large-scale commercialization will be built gradually and not all at once.

Somalia isn't Guyana

I'm aware of it, but my point was that you don't need to have all infrastructure ready when the first oil block is being drilled. If we actually do have confirmation of oil discovery and ink a deal with a major company on joint venture, then it will take much less than 10 years before we produce the first barrel of oil, ready for the market. The most time consuming aspect is the exploration process.

Last edited:
I'm aware of it, but my point was that you don't need to have all infrastructure ready by they first oil block is being drilled. If we actually do have confirmation of oil discovery and ink a deal with a major company on join venture, then it will take much less than 10 years before we produce the first barrel of oil ready for the market. The most time consuming aspect is the exploration process.
I don't disagree but not a single country will invest in Somalia without security guarantees and we can not secure our own lands let alone seas. Technology has progressed and it doesn't take as much time as it once did but the main issue is safety and with those little boats we portal our seas with will not defend anything.Thus the most important aspect of the deal and inshallah it all goes well is developing a navy and increasing revenue generated from our seas. Currently we barely utilize anything with security and proper investment it could be one of our largest sectors of our economy.

Somalia isn't Guyana
We are BETTER than Guyana!!!

Offshore oil is apart of the “blue economy?” I thought it was just fisheries and stuff like that. I knew this shit sounded too good to be true
:snoop:
Bruh I was fully supportive of this deal till I saw someone mention the oil is included in this deal. We are literally one of the most powerfull countries on earth with all that oil. We just got robbed by the Zionist that run Turkey because they know Turkey is the only thing that works with Somalis. The “Ethiopia taking our sea” was just a facade to rush us into this to make it seem like big daddy Turkey is here to protect

In practicality, the Blue Economy zone falls under PL coastal regions from Dhinawda to Las Qoray, and it is not part of the deal, so that rule them out. Then what?

Is it even worth on the paper this rushed, secret, illegal, pseudo treaty is written upon? I think not. A political stunt of sort by a magician, but it is back to square one for him and his.

I'm absolutely laughing at the stupid blokes here you want someone to extract your oil to build your navy and give you latest warships and drones to build ports to guard your sea from illegall fishing, toxic dump wasting, piracy,invasion,weapon smuggling and all kinds of violation for free charge even if we chosed united states they would demand billions from us to do all of that.

Bruh I was fully supportive of this deal till I saw someone mention the oil is included in this deal. We are literally one of the most powerfull countries on earth with all that oil. We just got robbed by the Zionist that run Turkey because they know Turkey is the only thing that works with Somalis. The “Ethiopia taking our sea” was just a facade to rush us into this to make it seem like big daddy Turkey is here to protect
I'm going to wait for the full details to be disclosed sxb, its a little early to fold when we only have vague reports. You do have a point but I'll be on the optimistic side since like @Three Moons said, the Turks haven't screwed us over once over the past decade.

youtube fashion GIF

Yea they need to publish the full details of this agreement

I'm absolutely laughing at the stupid blokes here you want someone to extract your oil to build your navy and give you latest warships and drones to build ports to guard your sea from illegall fishing, toxic dump wasting, piracy,invasion,weapon smuggling and all kinds of violation for free charge even if we chosed united states they would demand billions from us to do all of that.

Go and worship HSM somewhere else man. If anyone is stupid it’s you lot. At least the other Somalis on this thread are waiting for the full detailed enclosure. I knew Waziir TikTok was up to no good when he went Turkey to sign Allah knows what was written on those documents. You got robbed if oil is included, I’m telling you now. No amount of “we need navy” “we need protection” etc will help us. We don’t need protection. You generate money first from the oil extracted then you build your navy and army overtime. It’s a slow process. You HSM supporters better hope the oil is not included in this deal because you and I both know it won’t be tolerated by the masses back home.

I'm going to wait for the full details to be disclosed sxb, it’s a little early to fold when we only have vague reports. You do have a point but I'll be on the optimistic side since like @Three Moons said, the Turks haven't screwed us over once over the past decade.
Khair inshaAllah let’s wait and hope our oil is not included. 🙏

Go and worship HSM somewhere else man. If anyone is stupid it’s you lot. At least the other Somalis on this thread are waiting for the full detailed enclosure. I knew Waziir TikTok was up to no good when he went Turkey to sign Allah knows what was written on those documents. You got robbed if oil is included, I’m telling you now. No amount of “we need navy” “we need protection” etc will help us. We don’t need protection. You generate money first from the oil extracted then you build your navy and army overtime. It’s a slow process. You HSM supporters better hope the oil is not included in this deal because you and I both know it won’t be tolerated by the masses back home.

Khair inshaAllah let’s wait and hope our oil is not included. 🙏
These past few months for Somalia have been crazy wallahi. I'm anxious about the reveal of the next backdoor deal we didn't know about
:russ:

Trending

Latest posts