F'ed up this semester, need some tips for the next

I would say 1) be kind to yourself. I know it sounds so extra but sometimes our feeling of frustration can get in the way, these are unusual times so don’t be too hard on yourself if you’re not taking to it with ease

2) try to find a way to make online learning work for you, like would it help if you recorded the lesson? Would it help if between the lessons you tried orating the topics back to yourself aloud? Etc.

3) get off all social media. Or limit yourself to
x minutes/h AFTER you’ve completed your days tasks and not a second before.

4) if you aren’t already exercise.

Good luck, work hard and call on Allah, and you cannot fail.
There are no tips or tricks to doing things you don't want to do. Believe me I tried and it never worked out for me.

Create time on your schedule and just study. If you can only focus for 10 mins, do 10 mins. There's no sidestepping the discomfort.

It's also a neat exercise in training your brain to become comfortable in being uncomfortable.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Assuming you’re around my age, you don’t need to study more than a couple of hours a day tbh it’s not that hard. Just don’t waste time on making notes and go straight to exam practice or whatever. If you’re getting abysmal grades then you should consider spending time on memorisation too
Change your standards as to what you are satisfied with this will change your results as you will strive for better results.
Find out what motivates you to do well in school (Parents Career aspirations etc) use it as fuel when it's time to buckle down and push for the top marks.
Find out your strength's academically what are you better at and could excel in with decent effort this helps me know what I should study more or less. Pay attention in class ask questions if you can
Study in blocks and plan it out ahead put your phone away minimize distractions.
When you study do it actively (Working on Problem sets taking notes memorizing info using flashcards).
Always ask about the tests and their structure it helps me get a vibe on how to structure my studying.
Thank you!

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
@Revolutionary You are not alone.

I am contemplating dropping my winter term classes, just work and save up until schools are back to normal. It was hard for me too but my grades were good alhamdullilah.

Since early Nov, I have been waking up around 1AM to study when everyone is sleeping and sleep in during the day coz there is too much distractions at home. I'll also suggest if you never leave your house to go for like a 10mins walk everyday or do those work out youtube videos then take a shower. You have to refresh and keep your work area neat if you want to stay focussed.

I wish you all the best walal
You got this! 🙃

What grade are you in, and why repeat classes during the year? You can't repeat them during the summer? Best case scenario you request a No Mark and then repeat during the summer so you can fail undetected.

What grade are you in, and why repeat classes during the year? You can't repeat them during the summer? Best case scenario you request a No Mark and then repeat during the summer so you can fail undetected.
We got semester classes, im in the 10th grade but im taking 11th grade classes, I'll be taking them again next semester lmao

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Trending