F'ed up this semester, need some tips for the next

Alright so this semester was total shit, my grades were abysmal and embarrassing, and I'm gonna be repeating the same classes next semester (im already taking classes a grade higher than mine so its not that bad) i need to do better though because its not really the material its just me, virtual classes are not meant for me, i get distracted easily, I procrastinate all the time, i have a hard time keeping commitments and keep a schedule, i need to counter all of that next semester

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

tenor (1).gif

Royalflush

novacane
You get distracted cuz your brain wants to be rewarded constantly with something called dopamine.
This video helped me get serious for exams and other stuff

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Alright so this semester was total shit, my grades were abysmal and embarrassing, and I'm gonna be repeating the same classes next semester (im already taking classes a grade higher than mine so its not that bad) i need to do better though because its not really the material its just me, virtual classes are not meant for me, i get distracted easily, I procrastinate all the time, i have a hard time keeping commitments and keep a schedule, i need to counter all of that next semester

Learn basic learning techniques, make s schedule and have a place where you can focus and get in to learn mode

We all learn the same way. It all about understanding and recalling (I recommend you focus more on the second part in you have no learning disabilities) but they don't teach you how to learn. Why? No Idea

But it all take self-discipline... that I can't help you with

Last edited:

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
fun fact, i have my school tab open right now but i don't have the energy to do work
Get a timer. Start of with 5 minutes. See how long you can focus. It's like running. You can't run forever. Same with focus, a very limited resources.

When I was in education the max I can study for was an hour or an 1hour 30min before I need a break.

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
I would say 1) be kind to yourself. I know it sounds so extra but sometimes our feeling of frustration can get in the way, these are unusual times so don’t be too hard on yourself if you’re not taking to it with ease

2) try to find a way to make online learning work for you, like would it help if you recorded the lesson? Would it help if between the lessons you tried orating the topics back to yourself aloud? Etc.

3) get off all social media. Or limit yourself to
x minutes/h AFTER you’ve completed your days tasks and not a second before.

4) if you aren’t already exercise.

Good luck, work hard and call on Allah, and you cannot fail.

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah
There are no tips or tricks to doing things you don't want to do. Believe me I tried and it never worked out for me.

Create time on your schedule and just study. If you can only focus for 10 mins, do 10 mins. There's no sidestepping the discomfort.

It's also a neat exercise in training your brain to become comfortable in being uncomfortable.

Xaruun

VIP
Assuming you’re around my age, you don’t need to study more than a couple of hours a day tbh it’s not that hard. Just don’t waste time on making notes and go straight to exam practice or whatever. If you’re getting abysmal grades then you should consider spending time on memorisation too

Change your standards as to what you are satisfied with this will change your results as you will strive for better results.
Find out what motivates you to do well in school (Parents Career aspirations etc) use it as fuel when it's time to buckle down and push for the top marks.
Find out your strength's academically what are you better at and could excel in with decent effort this helps me know what I should study more or less. Pay attention in class ask questions if you can
Study in blocks and plan it out ahead put your phone away minimize distractions.
When you study do it actively (Working on Problem sets taking notes memorizing info using flashcards).
Always ask about the tests and their structure it helps me get a vibe on how to structure my studying.

Trending