Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought about getting some farmland, house and goats in our glorious motherland I could say it has been a fantasy I've enjoyed for a while just thinking about sitting on my porch with my dream wife while watching my goats and kids frolick about in the wild together as they learn compassion from the oh simple but wise goats while sipping on shaax as the earthy scented wind whistles past me.

Jokes and fantasies aside I've always thought about doing it but there are a few problems
  1. The best farmland is in the south however I'm from lascanood and from what I gathered from my aabo it really isn't the best place to farm
  2. If your in another clans land while farming do you face huge dangers?
  3. Tree planting. This is a big one which requires a lot of work and people it also will make Somalia a greener place however the no one seems to give a shit and they'd much rather cut them down.
  4. The use of solar panels to power shit which would greatly help.
  5. The attitude towards farmers it seems is quite negative as they're seen as less professional which is quite stupid.
  6. buying live stock and building a house which can support high speed internet although plumbing will be a problem let alone internet.
  7. Buying proper farm equipment not from a dusty garage in khazakstan also small light aircraft and building a small runway for crop dusting use or dropping seeds / anything else that is needed

So this thread is on how we can support the population of Somalia through agriculture which we desperately need this will probably require educating the population as well. I've also thought GMO could seriously help in reducing malnourishment as you can make staple grains and foods contain more vitamins and we should also invest in fishing but that's another topic. This should also help locals facing unemployment.

So that my walalos and walalettes should be a basic setup on living off the fatta' the land.

downloadfile-40.jpg
downloadfile-17.jpg
downloadfile-48.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah my family has some beero in Beledweyn,Hiran . The equipement used is Italian and its good to invest , huge profit from it especially in the dry season

can u grow basta and xalwa in ur so called farms? how qaat? NO!

giphy.gif
Not with that attitude, through geeljire power we shall walalo:siilaanyosmile: watch that shit I shall get earth grown xalwa picked up by only the most voluptuous curvy stunning xalimos in diracs:fittytousand: :rejoice:amiin ya allah that day shall come:ahh::banderas:

Ape

Study Sunt Tzu’s, ‘Art of War’.
These people rely on rain. First off, nomadic culture should be stopped. The practice is not reliable and somalis should start to gather sheeps, goats, cows and chickens as a whole on farms. If we get a government, first thing we should do is divert the shabele and juba so thst water gets to galmudug since most draughts happen there. After canals are dug, the water should be irrigated so that crops like wheat grow. The problem is our mindset. We shouldnt rely on something as unpredictable as rain

These people rely on rain. First off, nomadic culture should be stopped. The practice is not reliable and somalis should start to gather sheeps, goats, cows and chickens as a whole on farms. If we get a government, first thing we should do is divert the shabele and juba so thst water gets to galmudug since most draughts happen there. After canals are dug, the water should be irrigated so that crops like wheat grow. The problem is our mindset. We shouldnt rely on something as unpredictable as rain

100%

We can not allow herders to let their animals graze everywhere. It causes deforestation. Farmers need to be allocated land, and the farmers need to use irrigation systems to make sure the area has enough vegatation for their herd.

why cant w use our sea to import veggies and fruit seeds from other tropical countries? lets say for instance india? we need to diversify our plant cultivation to fill the peoples demands and needs. Not just growing the typical bananas and mangoes. this will be much cheaper and available too.

100%

We can not allow herders to let their animals graze everywhere. It causes deforestation. Farmers need to be allocated land, and the farmers need to use irrigation systems to make sure the area has enough vegatation for their herd.
The bigger problem is how do you stop people who've been relying on this system for a long time doing this? Education might not work due to the general attitude however if the government can get them employed in agriculture/Livestock production or just plant native fauna then it'll likely be a great way to get passed this barrier. Also on the topic of irrigation we should be digging or looking underground for water, there should likely be vast water stores.

The bigger problem is how do you stop people who've been relying on this system for a long time doing this? Education might not work due to the general attitude however if the government can get them employed in agriculture/Livestock production or just plant native fauna then it'll likely be a great way to get passed this barrier. Also on the topic of irrigation we should be digging or looking underground for water, there should likely be vast water stores.

Sadly the last few droughts/famines has sorted that problem out for us. A lot of herders have lost their animals, now a lot of them go to the cities to earn a living.

Sadly the last few droughts/famines has sorted that problem out for us. A lot of herders have lost their animals, now a lot of them go to the cities to earn a living.
Bloody hell. Best we learn from what happened before and make programs to inform them to reduce and prevent any chance of this happening again. We seriously need to look for water sources but the problem is who has the money and isn't corrupt?

Bloody hell. Best we learn from what happened before and make programs to inform them to reduce and prevent any chance of this happening again. We seriously need to look for water sources but the problem is who has the money and isn't corrupt?

The thing is, this should have been done ages ago, but we lost so many years due to the civil war and its after affects.

Right now Somalia is just focusing on security, but investment in infrastructure is actually one of the ways to defeat the terrorist. Infrastructure development brings jobs for the locals, and it will save us from future droughts. Finding water sources is not really difficult, if Arabs with their deserts do not have famines, then us Somalis, with our semi-arid lands of the North plus green lands of south, should have no problems at all.

Somalia has so much potential and resources.The problem is we are lacking the number one resource that is needed: the human brain.

Any ideas on diverting the course of the river and making the northern area even greener? Or digging canals?

The thing is, this should have been done ages ago, but we lost so many years due to the civil war and its after affects.

Right now Somalia is just focusing on security, but investment in infrastructure is actually one of the ways to defeat the terrorist. Infrastructure development brings jobs for the locals, and it will save us from future droughts. Finding water sources is not really difficult, if Arabs with their deserts do not have famines, then us Somalis, with our semi-arid lands of the North plus green lands of south, should have no problems at all.

Somalia has so much potential and resources.The problem is we are lacking the number one resource that is needed: the human brain.
I guess educating the population should be a massive priority and buying the equipment to make this stuff possible. Investments are definitely needed but we don't want a takeover from another country so we'll have to rely on diaspora Somalis a lot and they probably should make Somalia seem as a better place to settle back in and that'll probably increase the educated workforce plus teachers should be registered like schools and paid much more however that raises costs we may not be able to pay. I doubt brain power is something your average Somali is missing what they're missing is education opportunities however back onto the topic of farming we seriously need better equipment for more successful crops we also need to teach people how to fish and make wells.

Ape

Study Sunt Tzu’s, ‘Art of War’.
Any ideas on diverting the course of the river and making the northern area even greener? Or digging canals?
You can employ thousands of workers to dig a series of canals from the shabele and divert 1/2 of the river to galmudug. And puntland. This is what gaddafi planned with libya. To do it, millions should be invested and dams should be constructed from luuq to buaale and beledweyn and jowhar of the shabbele. This wont effect the two rivers since water can be conserved in dams with less water reaching the mouth. The canals, reching from buaale, luuq, to galmudug will carry a significant size of water, enough to hopefully grow weat.

You can employ thousands of workers to dig a series of canals from the shabele and divert 1/2 of the river to galmudug. And puntland. This is what gaddafi planned with libya. To do it, millions should be invested and dams should be constructed from luuq to buaale and beledweyn and jowhar of the shabbele. This wont effect the two rivers since water can be conserved in dams with less water reaching the mouth. The canals, reching from buaale, luuq, to galmudug will carry a significant size of water, enough to hopefully grow weat.

Why not revive an already dry river? I'm thinking about the nugaal river. You can connect this river to the shabeele rivers tributaries in Ethiopia. This is great because its more close to the rivers source in the high altitudes near jigjiga, This can cause nugaal river to flow permanently.

I've always thought about getting some farmland, house and goats in our glorious motherland I could say it has been a fantasy I've enjoyed for a while just thinking about sitting on my porch with my dream wife while watching my goats and kids frolick about in the wild together as they learn compassion from the oh simple but wise goats while sipping on shaax as the earthy scented wind whistles past me.

Jokes and fantasies aside I've always thought about doing it but there are a few problems
  1. The best farmland is in the south however I'm from lascanood and from what I gathered from my aabo it really isn't the best place to farm
  2. If your in another clans land while farming do you face huge dangers?
  3. Tree planting. This is a big one which requires a lot of work and people it also will make Somalia a greener place however the no one seems to give a shit and they'd much rather cut them down.
  4. The use of solar panels to power shit which would greatly help.
  5. The attitude towards farmers it seems is quite negative as they're seen as less professional which is quite stupid.
  6. buying live stock and building a house which can support high speed internet although plumbing will be a problem let alone internet.
  7. Buying proper farm equipment not from a dusty garage in khazakstan also small light aircraft and building a small runway for crop dusting use or dropping seeds / anything else that is needed

So this thread is on how we can support the population of Somalia through agriculture which we desperately need this will probably require educating the population as well. I've also thought GMO could seriously help in reducing malnourishment as you can make staple grains and foods contain more vitamins and we should also invest in fishing but that's another topic. This should also help locals facing unemployment.

So that my walalos and walalettes should be a basic setup on living off the fatta' the land.

View attachment 56718 View attachment 56719 View attachment 56720
Limited farming does exist in sool
There is already seasonal river in pl plus the rivers would dry before it reaches galgaduud not to even mention the northern areas tend to have higher elevation making it impossible.

World

VIP
Inshallah I will build a sand dam in Jidali, Ceerigabo capturing the run off from the mountains of Northern Sanaag. And use the water to irrigate farms. That’s how I would like to retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending