Faraxs soo gala

Luciddreamer

Certified bakhti
What’s the point of going gym when you can just moderate what you eat and stay active in other ways? :what1:

I hate the gym with a passion. This thread is full of narrow minded people smh :what:

Training is a habit/tool that lasts a lifetime if you master it early in life.

Your body changes with age and training keeps you health and slows the aging process.

I see bunch of 50 year old caadan women on the treadmill and they look
extremely healthy for their age.

Training is fundamental, regardless of gender.

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
Training is a habit/tool that lasts a lifetime if you master it early in life.

Your body changes with age and training keeps you health and slows the aging process.

I see bunch of 50 year old caadan women on the treadmill and they look
extremely healthy for their age.

Training is fundamental, regardless of gender.
Gym isn’t the only way to stay active like I said in my post. :mindblown:

I’d rather go for a run, swim, yoga/Pilates or go to a fitness class than the gym. People who gym only go to say they gym :mjpls:

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
@Basic Whatever your age or gender, there's strong scientific evidence that being physically active can help you lead a healthier and happier life. People who exercise regularly have lower risk of developing many long-term (chronic) conditions, such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, and some cancers. Yes eating healthy food is good but it's not enough. If you do less exercise or activity you will become deconditioned. Your muscles weaken and you will become more breathless as you do less activity. There are so many benefits just by exercising.

Working out is very essential. Islam also promotes you to exercise and you will receive good deeds by doing that.
Read my post to lucid above ^

Nostalgia

DEACTIVATED!
@Basra
In most big cities there are usually women only gyms, don't know where you're from but try to google it's nice 'cause you can excersise without your hijab.

Luciddreamer

Certified bakhti
Gym isn’t the only way to stay active like I said in my post. :mindblown:

I’d rather go for a run, swim, yoga/Pilates or go to a fitness class than the gym. People who gym only go to say they gym :mjpls:

The point is to stay active, gym or not, it doesn't matter.

If you're active regularly with a consistent routine then it doesn't matter if it's in the gym or a bike ride.

I need to hit gym I have a large jiggly ayeeyo bottom. Which is disportionaly bigger than my upper half. I never wear makeup and bad at fashion. So basically I'm an ayeeyo. I used to love being active but u know nowadays I'm broke. Running outside seems weird cuz my but jiggles everywhere. So I do skipping inside.

Bro Somali, white, black, Asian, arab girls it don’t matter it’s all the same Pussy end of the day. As long as she is Muslim Just find the right female who works out or whatever you like in common. A women’s ethnicity doesn’t matter and the kids take your name anyway. Only a weirdo would curve a good looking women because she isn’t Somali.

U guys are so mean... have u seen most white British girls in London without makeup, I don't think somali girls are that bad to be honest, they look healthy and plumpo_O most of them are thin and tight.

Nostalgia

DEACTIVATED!
The reason for this was simple, the masses of male's in my generation abhorred them and had much higher standards then those of today.

Female's by there very nature as it relates to beauty, go with what the majority of the male's in that society or within her race find most attractive, and unfortunately our ones champion fatness and obesity.

Why on earth should she spend money on a personal trainer? and toil in hard laborious workouts while following restrictive diet when the fast majority of male's from her race champion fatness and obesity which they disguise as thick and curvy?

Hmm...I can't seem to remember the last time I ever woke up in the morning thinking about how a man views me worthy of being his ideal type and I had to live by his standards.
:what1:
I'll admit though social media is to blame when people are praising obese women, and I don't mean curvy or a little chubby but unhealthy body type that will lead to diabetes and other illnesses.
Just because they want to be accepting and not judgemental. This has lead to many youths in our generation to have unhealthy diets and little to no exercise.

So there should be a balance between sometimes eating unhealthy but also being active, and self love also consists of taking care of ones body and not just accepting gaining weight.

But let me be clear, women don't and should never do this for any man but for themselves and their health. We don't need your approval or for you to deem us as decent.

ezgif-1-f5a7ba079d9e.gif

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
In my nutrition class, we were taught how our bodies have a "set point". Basically, our body weight range is predetermined by genetics.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The hormones leptin and ghrelin play a big role to regulate this genetically predermined body weight.

Screenshot_20200203-171547_Chrome.jpg

We had this picture on display before the start of every lecture. The message was we find all dogs cute despite their shape or size. So why can't we hold people to these same standards?
I have seen a somali family who were all chubby and another the members were tall and super skinny.

Most somali women are pear or hourglass. Calling them ugly and obese promotes insecurities and eating disorders. We shouldn't be pressuring women to work out so that they met some ideal beauty standard. Being active is not limited to gym. It could be taking long walks, dancing, swimming...
People shouldn't be trying to build/demolish a body shape they don't naturally have but aim to live a healthy lifestyle.

Toriye

Sheekhaagu waa kuma?
when you can hide all your lumps and bumps under a huge cabaayad why bother going to the gym? Walahi xalimos have it easy

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
Hmm...I can't seem to remember the last time I ever woke up in the morning thinking about how a man views me worthy of being his ideal type and I had to live by his standards.
:what1:
I'll admit though social media is to blame when people are praising obese women, and I don't mean curvy or a little chubby but unhealthy body type that will lead to diabetes and other illnesses.
Just because they want to be accepting and not judgemental. This has lead to many youths in our generation to have unhealthy diets and little to no exercise.

So there should be a balance between sometimes eating unhealthy but also being active, and self love also consists of taking care of ones body and not just accepting gaining weight.

But let me be clear, women don't and should never do this for any man but for themselves and their health. We don't need your approval or for you to deem us as decent.

View attachment 92909
@Inquisitive_ I can see why women shouldn't be taken seriously.

Even guys are selected by girls depending on the current beauty standards. If a guy is overweight,there is a very low likelihood of him attracting an above avarage girl.

Beauty standards tend to affect girls more than guys and girls are more likely to accept them rather than rebel against them. There are plenty of studies that were done by psychologists that showed women were more agreeable than men and when it comes to beauty standards there is no difference.

Another thing is that women love attention and why would she risk losing all that attention by rebelling against the current beauty standards?

Maybe she likes herself like that. Not everyone wants to be skinny as long she's healthy none of tour business what she does wit her body. Focus in what you're lacking not what a grown woman does with her body. Yea its hers.

Céleste

Free AhmedSmelly Bliis iyo Bliis
Why do I need to go to the gym? I'm not fat and Allah blessed me with a good body. If I need to walk or run, I'll do that. I dont see the need to go to a gym. Lol

Why do I need to go to the gym? I'm not fat and Allah blessed me with a good body. If I need to walk or run, I'll do that. I dont see the need to go to a gym. Lol
It's good to exercise not only to get fit but for your mental health as well.. For example if you are stressed and work, take a run or swim you will de-stress.

Céleste

Free AhmedSmelly Bliis iyo Bliis
It's good to exercise not only to get fit but for your mental health as well.. For example if you are stressed and work, take a run or swim you will de-stress.

I used to have asthma but it still feels like it might've returned. Running is difficult because I cant breathe properly and its extremely painful. Sometimes I can taste blood. That's why I usually avoid exercises.

OP makes it sound like if you dont go to gym, you're obese or eat unhealthy. Most Somalis in their 20's are slim.

Trending

Latest posts