Family back home asking for $

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
They need to stop relying on western money cause eventually the assimilated children and grandchildren of the ones currently sending money won't bother to.

They need to stop relying on western money cause eventually the assimilated children and grandchildren of the ones currently sending money won't bother to.
I wonder whats going to happen because the next generation definitely wont

If you have the money keep sending BUT place some demands on your extended family and track the progress. If they decide to have more children, remind them that they are responsible for providing for them.

Insist that their children get educated, learning English and math, which can pave the way for them to eventually become self-sufficient.

Donate tech to them if you have any old laptops or just buy used ones to send. What kind of hope does the next generation have if we don't provide them with the correct advice?

Nin123

Patriarchy is from Allah
VIP
How do you guys handle family back home asking for money?

I went back home for the first time in 2019 and I loved it! My only issue is
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:yloezpe: paying bills over here and supporting 6 gaajo familes back home is not it but idk how to say no. im too young for this life

Abo told me to cut off all contact when we leave the country cause people will bother me but I really underestimated it

Where exactly you been in Somalia?

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
Mashallah @canab

Helping out our less fortunate relatives back home is a noble thing to do. After all, charity begins at home.

Personally, I avoid sending money on a monthly basis in order to prevent dependency. Instead, I mix it up by sending some months and not sending in others. This way, they won't rely solely on you. Another approach that my family has taken is to pool together a large sum of money and send it to each family to start their own business. We remind them that anything can happen to us, such as death, and it's better for them to be independent and find a way to make a living on their own.

If you have the money keep sending BUT place some demands on your extended family and track the progress. If they decide to have more children, remind them that they are responsible for providing for them.

Insist that their children get educated, learning English and math, which can pave the way for them to eventually become self-sufficient.

Donate tech to them if you have any old laptops or just buy used ones to send. What kind of hope does the next generation have if we don't provide them with the correct advice?
Thats what me and my dad do all the time. We pay for schooling and we send laptops and whatever they need but truthfully a lot of somalis back home are very lazy.

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
Mashallah @canab

Helping out our less fortunate relatives back home is a noble thing to do. After all, charity begins at home.

Personally, I avoid sending money on a monthly basis in order to prevent dependency. Instead, I mix it up by sending some months and not sending in others. This way, they won't rely solely on you. Another approach that my family has taken is to pool together a large sum of money and send it to each family to start their own business. We remind them that anything can happen to us, such as death, and it's better for them to be independent and find a way to make a living on their own.
Yeah this is what my father did. He brought a large lump sum of of money with him when he went back on vacation and set up a business for his brothers. Since he was there, he could oversee everything so it wasn't just spent on random sh1t

:yloezpe: paying bills over here and supporting 6 gaajo familes back home is not it but idk how to say no. im too young for this life

Abo told me to cut off all contact when we leave the country cause people will bother me but I really underestimated it

Most of my siblings live in somalia so I do send them money every month. I don’t mind supporting them but what bothers me that most is they never say they got the money, I have to call or send a message to find out. And mahadsanid is not their vocab.

amiirad

Gabar Majeerteen 💙🤍💚

We get ajaar from it

let your nuts hang a lil and put your foot down. Say no n if they bring any sort of riffraff your way. Go back home n air the entire village out. GRRRRRRRRRRRR But on a real note, know these niggas don't love you fr n only want your money. Cut the deadweight n elevate

Trending

Latest posts