Fake Nursing Diploma Scheme In Florida; 25 Arrested

Federal agents on Wednesday arrested about 25 suspects accused of selling fabricated nursing degrees to thousands of students who then used the bogus diplomas to take licensing exams in several states, including Florida, New York, New Jersey and Texas.

A network of nursing school operators, centered in South Florida, illegally charged each student between $10,000 for a licensed practical nurse degree and $17,000 for a registered nurse diploma — without requiring proper training, according to federal authorities and court records.
The scofflaw schools provided a “shortcut” for students to avoid taking a nearly two-year nursing program requiring clinical work, national exams and certification, while instructors coached them on taking the licensing exams to practice nursing in a number of states, authorities said.
Many of the students who purchased degrees were from South Florida’s Haitian-American community, including some with legitimate LPN licenses who wanted to become registered nurses. Other students were recruited from out of state to participate in the fraudulent nursing programs, authorities said.
An estimated 7,600 students paid a total of $114 million for phony nursing degrees from the South Florida schools and other suspect programs between 2016 and 2021. Of those, one-third, or about 2,400 students, ended up passing their licensing exams, mainly in New York, which imposes no limit on the number of times that students can take the exam. Nurses certified in New York have the ability to practice in other states, including Florida.
Many of those people may lose their certification but likely won't be criminally charged, federal officials said. Chad Yarbrough, the FBI’s acting special agent in charge in Miami, said the agency has notified nursing boards in all 50 states of every student who obtained a fake nursing degree and passed the exam.

Yaraye

VIP
They better catch those b!tches.:ufdup: I ain't go through years of hell just for people to have a fake degree :westbrookwtf: :westbrookwtf: :westbrookwtf:

They better catch those b!tches.:ufdup: I ain't go through years of hell just for people to have a fake degree :westbrookwtf: :westbrookwtf: :westbrookwtf:
Hey your an RN nice, leave Mn come to WA and CA where all the moneys at, or just do travel nursing. Or are you guys not able to practice in other states I've heard of people going to the midwest cause they could'nt pass their Teas & Hessi exams lol. Do you guys not require a entrance exam?

Hey your an RN nice, leave Mn come to WA and CA where all the moneys at, or just do travel nursing. Or are you guys not able to practice in other states I've heard of people going to the midwest cause they could'nt pass their Teas & Hessi exams lol. Do you guys not require a entrance exam?
RNs can already pull up to six figures in mn which is way more affordable than CA or WA.

Yaraye

VIP
MN is strict in their entrance exam. I took the teas exam as an entrance. I would like to do travel nursing but I need to get some experience first. Maybe in a little while

RNs can already pull up to six figures in mn which is way more affordable than CA or WA.
What is there to do in MN what a shit state, the pros with having a license from the heavy hitters in the west coast is their ability to work in multiple states. Good point on the cost of living I gotta find me a Halimo in this field and we'll be straight lol. Does MN have good NP schools?

MN is strict in their entrance exam. I took the teas exam as an entrance. I would like to do travel nursing but I need to get some experience first. Maybe in a little while
I thought you guys didn't require testing this is news to me, heard a couple of birds flocking to MN cause WA was too hard.

Trending

Latest posts