Facts about Reer Australia

Source: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/mca/files/2016-cis-somalia.PDF

"Median Income

At the time of the 2016 Census, the median Individual Weekly Income for the Somalia-born in Australia aged 15 years and over was $378, compared with $615 for all overseas-born and $688 for all Australian-born. The total Australian population aged 15 and over had a median Individual Weekly Income of $662."

Australia's poverty line is measured as "a single adult living on less than $426.30 a week. For a couple with 2 children, it was $895.22 a week." (Source: https://www.thesmithfamily.com.au/poverty-in-australia/what-is#:~:text=The Organisation for Economic Cooperation,was $895.22 a week1.)

****Basically, the median Individual Weekly Income for the Somalia-born in Australia is even below the poverty line"****
:snoop:

"Employment

Among Somalia-born people aged 15 years and over, the participation rate in the labour force was 56.5 per cent and the unemployment rate was 25.7 per cent. The corresponding rates in the total Australian population were 64.6 per cent and 6.9 per cent respectively. Of the 2,998 Somalia-born who were employed, 22.2 per cent were employed in either a skilled managerial, professional or trade occupation. The corresponding rate in the total Australian population was 48.8 per cent."

*****Basically, when the unemployment rate of Australia is at 6,9%, the Somalis' unemployment rate in Australia is almost 4 times of that: 25.7 per cent. I've never heard of any diaspora group of the Somali community that has as much unemployment rate as the fellas in the Aussie country. *****

:jcoleno:

In conclusion, this data and research really bust the nonsense that @DR OSMAN and @Periplus have been running with. A community whose median income is below the poverty line and whose unemployment is 4 times as much of the national average really needs miracles.

It is indeed a shame that these guys want to brag about anything. All I see is a community that needs a lot of help. I just hope and pray that the story of the Somali community improves. I really do. At this point, what I see is a national embarrassment!

These stats are replicated in all Western countries Somali’s emigrate to. Bottom of the totem poll in every social indicator imaginable (save for family size).

Edit: I think numbers are a little off though, there is a hell lot more than 3900 Somalis living in Victoria (where majority Somalis reside).

Last edited:
Tbh a lot of new refugees are not gonna start working. They barely speak the language and has to start from the bottom go to school and learn the language. That plays big part in those numbers

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Roorigeg before u throw stones at my house, look at your own house.

Many Somali refugees in the US have experienced difficulties accessing the labour market. According to the 2010 census, 47% of Somalis in Minnesota were employed, 13% unemployed and 40% were economically inactive.

63% are unemployed in the USA while only 25% are unemployed in Australia. Plus notice how many skilled employees exist in australia, where-as what is somali american professional rate? non-existent, your sugar mamas run fake day-cares and fat bellied abdis drive taxis.

Of the 2,998 Somalia-born who were employed, 22.2 per cent were employed in either a skilled managerial, professional or trade occupation

This @Roorigeg is a fool to think Somali australians are behind American Somalis. @Periplus come in and start slamming these cunts, show em how aussie somali punch on, wallahi we will knock this bling bling c*nt out.

We have more business community then his 30,000 columbus ohio niggas loooooool, for only 2500 in heilderbeg there is 80 businesses. This made him explode. We aussies dont have loud mouth like reer usa. This wasn't including all melbourne either like footscray/flemington, the real statistic wud be 5000 Somalis in melbourne and close to 200 businesses

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Roorigeg our prison statistic is non-existent in Australia, where-as what is your somali american prison stats waryaa? your nothing more then a loud mouth obnoxious yanky c*nt who talks the loudest, we aussies are heavyweights who are low-key and don't go around flaunting. I urge those european idiots going to america to learn from them, come to Australia because we are far more productive then these yank goons.

When u see the aussie diaspora bow down I warn u before u get slapped. For our 10k population we had two mps, one ran and lost leila abukar and another one is running in melbourne for labor. Nice huh? 10,000 Somalis in Australia and our stats are amazing.

65% are employed waryaa with only 25% unemployed and they're most likely freshies as we call em or they work cash in hand and claim welfare payments on the side.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Waryaa @Roorigeg look how you try to compare yourselves to UK n Canada

The unemployment rate of Somalis in Minnesota is, however, significantly lower than amongst Somali populations in places including London and Toronto

But if u dared compared yourselves against the aussie diaspora u wud be eaten alive on all fronts of the debate.

1. HDI in Australia is 8 you are 17
2. Melbourne ranked most livable city for 10 years straight, while another 4 cities are in top ten. U dont even make the top 50 even India beats u.
3. Our business rate is higher, 80 businesses for one suburb of hags, not including darods in flemington/footscray which is another 120 businesses
4. Our unemployment rate is 25% and most likely freshies or cunts working cash in hand aand claiming welfare together or under-reporting their true income for tax reasons. We even get a baby bonus in Australia, 5k for each child, does that hurt u?

As everyone is witnessing, an aussie just slaughtered u. Waryaa a xamaali lebanese can buy a mansion in Australia and that's the lowest trade, u think Somalis can't be xamaalis loooooool and do the same where-as in america u need to be CEO to have a house like that lebanese dude?

I am using these examples to demonstrate to u even our lowest professions which anyone can do can own a mansion, we have a better life then you is my point, no matter what metrics u want to use, it's time to leave that shit hole

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Roorigeg It was good battling u diaspora vs diaspora, your the only dumb yanky c*nt who is fighting as most somali americans know they are huge loss when u look at their population and success rates.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Source: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/mca/files/2016-cis-somalia.PDF

"Median Income

At the time of the 2016 Census, the median Individual Weekly Income for the Somalia-born in Australia aged 15 years and over was $378, compared with $615 for all overseas-born and $688 for all Australian-born. The total Australian population aged 15 and over had a median Individual Weekly Income of $662."

Australia's poverty line is measured as "a single adult living on less than $426.30 a week. For a couple with 2 children, it was $895.22 a week." (Source: https://www.thesmithfamily.com.au/poverty-in-australia/what-is#:~:text=The Organisation for Economic Cooperation,was $895.22 a week1.)

****Basically, the median Individual Weekly Income for the Somalia-born in Australia is even below the poverty line"****
:snoop:

"Employment

Among Somalia-born people aged 15 years and over, the participation rate in the labour force was 56.5 per cent and the unemployment rate was 25.7 per cent. The corresponding rates in the total Australian population were 64.6 per cent and 6.9 per cent respectively. Of the 2,998 Somalia-born who were employed, 22.2 per cent were employed in either a skilled managerial, professional or trade occupation. The corresponding rate in the total Australian population was 48.8 per cent."

*****Basically, when the unemployment rate of Australia is at 6,9%, the Somalis' unemployment rate in Australia is almost 4 times of that: 25.7 per cent. I've never heard of any diaspora group of the Somali community that has as much unemployment rate as the fellas in the Aussie country. *****

:jcoleno:

In conclusion, this data and research really bust the nonsense that @DR OSMAN and @Periplus have been running with. A community whose median income is below the poverty line and whose unemployment is 4 times as much of the national average really needs miracles.

It is indeed a shame that these guys want to brag about anything. All I see is a community that needs a lot of help. I just hope and pray that the story of the Somali community improves. I really do. At this point, what I see is a national embarrassment!

We have Imaan. We don't need coins to live

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Basra go on defend USA
USA! USA! USA!!

USA Somali Diapora are fairing well walaahi. Just see Minnesota. We have Swedish govt here doing a study on Somalis, so they can come up with a model to use every wher.e

They don't get it- the model is USA is unique in its capitalism culture. Its a blessed nation

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
@Roorigeg I have numerous friends at the ABS, our statistics agency.

Many of them will admit that getting stats on Somalis here is difficult.

1. That is all the Somalia-born individuals not Somalis born in Kenya, Ethiopia or Australia.

2. The vast majority of Somalis are known to not fill out the census. In 2016, our census data got hacked and many Somalis were spooked.

Also a lot of Somalis avoid doing the census so they can avoid mandatory voting.

3. A lot of people still deliberately underreport their income.

this is every western country somalis go too. FOB somalis are lazy af. They get to the west and they are satisfied with government housing and minimum wage. They are not like other Africans like Nigerians for example who come to the west and try to achieve as much as possible.

DalsanJubiland

HartilandWaamoJoore
USA Somali Diapora are fairing well walaahi. Just see Minnesota. We have Swedish govt here doing a study on Somalis, so they can come up with a model to use every wher.e

They don't get it- the model is USA is unique in its capitalism culture. Its a blessed nation
Basra I Totally agree with you, i have relative in Australia and they always tell me that is expensive place.
Somali American diaspora is most successful Somali diaspora in the world.Australia is the second.
Sky is the limit in the US.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@DalsanJubiland america is 'exceptional' I agree 'Exceptionally stupid'. The unskilled and semi skilled new families can achieve a dream of owning a home in Australia where-as they're counterparts in america, this isn't possible and u know that. So what's the point boasting about millionaires/billionaires when 90% are eating crumbs and living pay check to pay check?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@DalsanJubiland you are right Australian major cities are becoming expensive but not so much relative to 'wages'. We have the highest wages in the world so this has to be added in any cost of living equation. A-lot of aussies remember the 50s-90s where one family with one earner(male) cud buy one property in the city and a holiday home in the coast, that dream is over and that's why they say it's expensive in comparison to those days. But in modern sense a family(two incomes) can still purchase a property.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@DalsanJubiland I think it's garbage Somali Americans are most productive, they just have large population and cry the loudest only like typical americans, but if measured on per capita rates(10,000 americans vs 10,000 aussies)u will see they are not the most successful.

Trending