Facts about Reer Australia

Yes you shouldn't blindly trust what's written on wikipedia because they can use bogus sources. However, you can verify if the information added to wikipedia is legit by checking these sources yourself. The wikipedia numbers are literally from the U.S census. Also even if you don't buy that, check out the link I gave that you mistook for a news article. It's literally a legit source but you're just denying everything at this point.

Which link that you're referring here?

Apollo

VIP
You can ask @Apollo , even the EU is trying to stop Somali immigration.

Not fully though, but many EU/EEA countries have become very strict with Somali asylum seekers.

The UK, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, and Finland no longer accept Somali asylum seekers from what I hear or raised the standards much higher due to increasing safety in Somalia.

Germany, Austria, Ireland, and Sweden still have somewhat loose policies with Somali asylees.

And the other EU countries Somalis generally don't even bother trying to claim asylum or always had very strict standards.

Not fully though, but many EU/EEA countries have become very strict with Somali asylum seekers.

The UK, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, and Finland no longer accept Somali asylum seekers from what I hear or raised the standards much higher due to increasing safety in Somalia.

Germany, Austria, Ireland, and Sweden still have somewhat loose policies with Somali asylees.

And the other EU countries Somalis generally don't even bother trying to claim asylum or always had very strict standards.

In EU, it is not only Somalis; it is all asylum seekers from Sub-Saharan African nations. They don't differentiate asylum seekers from Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea or other African nations. That is what needs to be understood.

However, in the Australian case, they allow other African asylum seekers except Somalis and South Sudanese. The Australian govt stated they made the decision after they consulted with NGOs and also Australia's larger community. You see if other Horners are allowed, then the Somali community must have done terribly wrong in Australia. There is no other way of explaining it, and the Australian govt is adamant on this point.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
In EU, it is not only Somalis; it is all asylum seekers from Sub-Saharan African nations. They don't differentiate asylum seekers from Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea or other African nations. That is what needs to be understood.

However, in the Australian case, they allow other African asylum seekers except Somalis and South Sudanese. The Australian govt stated they made the decision after they consulted with NGOs and also Australia's larger community. You see if other Horners are allowed, then the Somali community must have done terribly wrong in Australia. There is no other way of explaining it, and the Australian govt is adamant on this point.

Nigga I’m on holiday, I’m sorry if I’m not going toe to toe with you on this debate.

However, I could give less a f*ck what you think. I just can’t be arsed going round for round with you on numerous threads.

You obviously have a chip on your shoulder if you’re repeating the same stats over and over again. Idk what Somali-Australians have done to you but I hope you get over it.

I’ll probably make a thread attacking each of your points in depth but probably in two weeks or so.

Nigga I’m on holiday, I’m sorry if I’m not going toe to toe with you on this debate.

However, I could give less a f*ck what you think. I just can’t be arsed going round for round with you on numerous threads.

You obviously have a chip on your shoulder if you’re repeating the same stats over and over again. Idk what Somali-Australians have done to you but I hope you get over it.

I’ll probably make a thread attacking each of your points in depth but probably in two weeks or so.

Niggas, you guys started attacking reer Marakan, and we just returned it. That is all.

I've already ended it, but you niggas have kept coming back to it. Now that you guys threw the towel, I amma give you a break. :cool:

Btw, you're just so emotional; I was pullying @DR OSMAN's legs until you just threw yourself here. I would say next time, just chill and get emotions out of it.

I used facts, btw.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Niggas, you guys started attacking reer Marakan, and we just returned it. That is all.

I've already ended it, but you niggas have kept coming back to it. Now that you guys threw the towel, I amma give you a break. :cool:

Btw, you're just so emotional; I was pullying @DR OSMAN's legs until you just threw yourself here. I would say next time, just chill and get emotions out of it.

I used facts, btw.

Piece of advice, don’t copy paste the same source numerous times across different threads.

It either tells me that you are deranged (which you’re probably not) or that you driven by offence/personal vendetta.

As you stated, you didn’t like my criticism of America and you used that to fuel you.

Regardless, take care. I think I’ll be bumping into you soon.

This one: https://www.mncompass.org/topics/demographics/cultural-communities/somali
This is the one that has the poverty stats that you said was a news article, even though it's not.

First, US Cenus data, which is what the authors of those state claim to be using, isn't scientific; it is ordinary citizens filling out forms and declaring their family size and income. I doubt all Somalis fill it out. It is based on voluntary participation of the residents of Minnesotans. There are chances some Somalis with benefits wouldn't participate it or declare their income, assuming they could lose their benefits if they declare all income.

Second, Minnesota is the home center for all Somalis in the far Midwest who drive truck drivers and run truck businesses. Nearly all of the Somali males who aren't college graduates drive trucks. Their income is far higher than $100K, but they hardly participate these surveys as they're on the road.

Third, so unless you have statistics from IRS (Internal Revenue Service) or Minnesota Taxation department - the two taxation agencies in that state - what is reported on US Census isn't reliable data on the unemployment rates of that community.

Now looking at your data:

This is the Median Household income on Somali Minnesotans:
Median household income (2017 dollars, averaged)25,000

This is the Median Household income on Somali Australians:
Median household income (2016 dollars, averaged)19,656

I calculated the Australian household income by multiplying $378 per week * 52 weeks=19,656.

And according to the Australian govt, that is basically the net income for almost all Somalis in Australia. They didn't provide any percentage that is above that line, so basically virtually everyone.

In Minnesota, looking these states, about 7.7% are disable, meaning they can't work. So when you subtract the 48.5% - 7.7%, you got 40.8%.

That is 59.2% of Somalis according to the income reported on that sheet are above poverty line of family of 3 which was in 2017: $20,420.

Here is another success story on that sheet: 77.8% of Somali men and 61.8% of Somali women were working. Remember you have 7.7% of Somali Minnesotans who were classified as disable.

The rest could be young adults attending colleges and universities, truck drivers whose income couldn't be classified on the US Census, and also single mothers who are stay-home moms and doing child-rearing.

Working adults (2015-2019)

CategoryCountCount, margin of errorPercentPercent, margin of error
Total civilian population, 18-6435,795
% of working age adults who are employed67.9%
Total civilian population, 18-64, male15,722
% of working age adults who are employed, male77.8%
Total civilian population, 18-64, female20,073
% of working age adults who are employed, female61.8%

Even when you look at these stats, Somali Minnesotans have mopped the Somali Australians to the floor.

Piece of advice, don’t copy paste the same source numerous times across different threads.

It either tells me that you are deranged (which you’re probably not) or that you driven by offence/personal vendetta.

As you stated, you didn’t like my criticism of America and you used that to fuel you.

Regardless, take care. I think I’ll be bumping into you soon.

I could use the same source to prove my point at any time. The Australian govt denied new Somali refugees and asylum seekers based on the dismal performance of the Somali community who already settled in Australia. That is essentially the assertion of the Australian govt. You have an issue with it, take it up with them.

Source: https://www.sbs.com.au/news/anger-a...-program/9a6e6038-7a0b-4f1e-952d-f0e794cc054d

Community Support Program countries​

Included
  • Syrian and Iraqi (women, children and families located in Lebanon, Jordan and Turkey)
  • Myanmar (Karen and Chin in Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia)
  • Afghans only in Pakistan
  • Bhutanese in Nepal
  • Congolese in Kenya, Malawi, Uganda and Zambia
  • Ethiopians in Kenya
  • Eritreans only in Ethiopia
  • Somali
  • Sudanese/South Sudanese
  • Iranians

Source: https://www.sbs.com.au/news/anger-a...-program/9a6e6038-7a0b-4f1e-952d-f0e794cc054d

"No nationality is excluded from consideration, but the Australian Government does establish priorities each program year based on a range of inputs including NGO and community views put forward through the annual program consultations," he said.

In other words, the communities that were to help these new Somali asylum seekers don't want them. That is the Australian govt essentially making that statement.

Bottom line, Reer Australia fix up and stop throwing around empty bravados when you niggas live in a glass house. :dead: :mjohreally: :kodaksmiley::deadpeter:

And with that, I call it a day.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Looll people here are comparing stats only consisting Somalia-born individuals, which essentially means only FOBs, our adeers iyo habaryars. Most naago in this category do not work in, adeers are majority working and fobs take time got working as they have just gotten the citizenship. You guys would fare better if you guys just checked if your uncles work or not and where they live kkkkk

There are no stats based on ancestry in most of our diasporas. This is significant because for example 2/3 of the somali population was born in the country I reside in and vast majority are under 20 years old, which means they are in school still. You can imagine the impact this has on our stats.

Until concrete stats based on ancestry is available, its pointless to compare. Anecdotes are also useless, people dickride their own diaspora community, no sincere discussion kkk

Trending