Facts about Reer Australia

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
This happens in Scandinavia and Uk as well. Hell both of my brothers live with my mum who gets her house paid and the two fvckers pay no rent. I live on my own and pay my rent. Statistically I’m doing better than them. In reality they doing better than me. This is why you can’t rely on stats on Somalis

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Somalis in Minnesotans' employment rate are actually doing far better than the African Americans and Ojibwe (Native Americans) even though they're new arrivals.

"The unemployment rates for most Minnesotans of color are higher than for white Minnesotans. What’s more, the unemployment rates for Ojibwe and African-American Minnesotans are higher than they are for Somali and Hmong Minnesotans, and other groups that include many new Americans. For other indicators, the patterns are much the same.“We definitely have some long-festering barriers for some particular communities of color,” Dayton said. “And these folks are not new immigrants.”"

Now let us look at the Somalis in Australia:

"At the time of the 2016 Census, the median Individual Weekly Income for the Somalia-born in Australia aged 15 years and over was $378, compared with $615 for all overseas-born and $688 for all Australian-born. The total Australian population aged 15 and over had a median Individual Weekly Income of $662."

Guys, you're doing far worser than anyone else. How can you measure yourself with Somalis in Minnesota when you niggas are doing far worse than everyone in Australia?

:childplease::kodaksmiley:

Perhaps being welfare queens is the problem.

1642610743677.jpeg

@Roorigeg before u throw stones at my house, look at your own house.

Many Somali refugees in the US have experienced difficulties accessing the labour market. According to the 2010 census, 47% of Somalis in Minnesota were employed, 13% unemployed and 40% were economically inactive.

63% are unemployed in the USA while only 25% are unemployed in Australia. Plus notice how many skilled employees exist in australia, where-as what is somali american professional rate? non-existent, your sugar mamas run fake day-cares and fat bellied abdis drive taxis.

Of the 2,998 Somalia-born who were employed, 22.2 per cent were employed in either a skilled managerial, professional or trade occupation

This @Roorigeg is a fool to think Somali australians are behind American Somalis. @Periplus come in and start slamming these cunts, show em how aussie somali punch on, wallahi we will knock this bling bling c*nt out.

We have more business community then his 30,000 columbus ohio niggas loooooool, for only 2500 in heilderbeg there is 80 businesses. This made him explode. We aussies dont have loud mouth like reer usa. This wasn't including all melbourne either like footscray/flemington, the real statistic wud be 5000 Somalis in melbourne and close to 200 businesses

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Then I take it back. There are no excuse for those numbers. @Periplus and his people should be ashamed of themselves

Bro those numbers are almost a decade old at the very least and it has been stated that Somalis are a difficult group to gather data on.

This is because we have mandatory voting here and many Somalis skip the census to avoid it.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
2016 Census

Yes, data from six years ago is definitely relevant to an argument in 2022.

Furthermore, you are comparing the entire Somali community in MN to Somali-born individuals in Australia in 2016.

I’m not included in this data for example.

Yes, data from six years ago is definitely relevant to an argument in 2022.

Furthermore, you are comparing the entire Somali community in MN to Somali-born individuals in Australia in 2016.

I’m not included in this data for example.

Nobody asked for your age, nigga. You're of course included. Everyone in this forum was born in Somalia. Stop making shit up. You niggas have been mopped to the floor by the Australian govt's statistics.

"At the time of the 2016 Census, the median Individual Weekly Income for the Somalia-born in Australia aged 15 years and over was $378, compared with $615 for all overseas-born and $688 for all Australian-born. The total Australian population aged 15 and over had a median Individual Weekly Income of $662."

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Everyone in this forum was born in Somalia. Stop making shit up

You are officially deranged.

The vast majority of people on this forum were born overseas not in Somalia.

You’ve repeated the same outdated statistics numerous times and have resorted to mental gymnastics to defend its relevance.

Source: https://digitalcommons.macalester.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1033&context=bildhaan

"There is a universal belief among Somali entrepreneurs in the Twin
Cities that they can become rich very quickly; therefore, they need to
hurry up and start their business so they can get to the Promised Land
and strike a fortune in the process. This sometimes leads to jumping
into business without thinking it through. There is no question that
Somali entrepreneurs are ambitious and hardworking people. Some
of them work more than sixteen hours a day in a full-time job and at
the same time run their own business. What they have accomplished
in less than ten years is quite remarkable. Somali entrepreneurs and
other new immigrants, such as Latinos and Asians, are overwhelm-
ingly responsible for revitalizing old and neglected commercial cor-
ridors in south Minneapolis, such as Nicollet Avenue and Lake Street,
and University Avenue in Saint Paul.

In 1994 there were no significant Somali businesses to speak of in
Minnesota. Today, we estimate that there are over 550 Somali-run and
managed businesses in this state.1 It is an amazing accomplishment for
people who have been displaced by war and forced to leave their fami-
lies, homes, and assets behind. The stories of Somali entrepreneurs in
the Twin Cities are unparalleled and unique
."

That is the story of Somalis in Minnesota. It is indeed a success story.

You are officially deranged.

The vast majority of people on this forum were born overseas not in Somalia.

You’ve repeated the same outdated statistics numerous times and have resorted to mental gymnastics to defend its relevance.

Ok when all else fails, that is when they start personal attacks. Niggas, those were statistics released by the Australian govt. Now, give us anything that disputes it if you don't agree with it.

Btw, I wish a good story comes out of the Somali community in Australia. So far, you haven't shown me one.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Ok when all else fails, that is when they start personal attacks. Niggas, those were statistics released by the Australian govt. Now, give us anything that disputes it if you don't agree with it.

Btw, I wish a good story comes out of the Somali community in Australia. So far, you haven't shown me one.

I have shown you a story and @DR OSMAN has linked numerous good stories.

You are meanwhile linking outdated statistics that only covers Somalis born in Somalia and not even all of them.

I didn’t insult you, I merely called your statement that most Somalis on SSpot are Somali-born as that devised by a deranged person.

Repeat what you said about most Somalis here being Somalia born to any user and they’ll say the same.

You are meanwhile linking outdated statistics that only covers Somalis born in Somalia and not even all of them.

I didn’t insult you, I merely called your statement that most Somalis on SSpot are Somali-born as that devised by a deranged person.

Repeat what you said about most Somalis here being Somalia born to any user and they’ll say the same.

A youtube video and statistics issued by a government agency are completely different. Show me statistics from a reputable institution in Australia that disputes with what I posted. If you can't show it, you're just arguing for the sake of an argument.

I mean has there been that much of a change in 6 years? And is @DR OSMAN really a doctor?

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I mean has there been that much of a change in 6 years? And is @DR OSMAN really a doctor?

1. Yes, because many Somalis such as myself have went to university and got jobs during this time period.

2. From what I heard, he’s a civil servant.

Regardless, it won’t matter to much because people like me will be considered as “Australian” on the census.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
A youtube video and statistics issued by a government agency are completely different. Show me statistics from a reputable institution in Australia that disputes with what I posted. If you can't show it, you're just arguing for the sake of an argument.

Bro you posted six year old stats that only counted Somalis born in Somalia.

You forget that most of the older generation applied as “Ethiopian” to get into Australia.

It also doesn’t include numerous younger Somalis born in Australia or Kenya or Ethiopia.

It doesn’t include Somalis that choose not to do the census or underreport their income.

With all these short-comings to your “government issued” data, can you seriously continue to debate me?

Bro you posted six year old stats that only counted Somalis born in Somalia.

You forget that most of the older generation applied as “Ethiopian” to get into Australia.

It also doesn’t include numerous younger Somalis born in Australia or Kenya or Ethiopia.

It doesn’t include Somalis that choose not to do the census or underreport their income.

With all these short-comings to your “government issued” data, can you seriously continue to debate me?

Can still show me any statistics from reputable institution. Ethiopians, other Africans, and even Yemenis used to claim Somalis when they came to US and apply asylum. So people claiming different nationalities in order to be accepted is just norm. But that doesn't negate the fact is the larger community is still Somali. Hiding behind you were born in Australia isn't going to cut it because you're still classified as Somali.

Now, instead of hiding behind old data, show me statistics from reputable institution that disproves the 5-year old statistics that I've posted. If you don't have it, then that stat stands.

Kratos

Sonder
These are statistics on the "Somalia-born" population only and they are abysmal in every diaspora. Unfortunately, finding data on Somalis born and raised here are difficult because the Australian government does not really collect ancestry and race based data; if you're born here you're just considered Australian, not "Somali-Australian" or "Black-Australian".

Based on anecdotal evidence, just take my word that 2nd-gen Somali Australians are doing better than most other Western diasporas.

These are statistics on the "Somalia-born" population only and they are abysmal in every diaspora. Unfortunately, finding data on Somalis born and raised here are difficult because the Australian government does not really collect ancestry and race based data; if you're born here you're just considered Australian, not "Somali-Australian" or "Black-Australian".

Based on anecdotal evidence, just take my word that 2nd-gen Somali Australians are doing better than most other Western diasporas.

Show us the evidence. All I see the Somali boys born or raised in Australia having the same problem as other Somali boys in other countries.

That is a disaster right there. Hopefully, our youth will get their acts together.

Trending