Faarahs vs Xalimos marriage debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
People are out here giving out cars/houses as mehrr and some are complaining about 3k :siilaanyolaugh:
It an old system that one party benefit. Does sound like something worth investing in.

Last edited:
I'm a motherfucking man, i will take care of my god damn children yaa ahlul ximaar!

Go to work and save money for your damn "security blanket". I got my own security blanket for me and my children:banderas:

Shitliimos want to spend their salary on shisha and shaah and force us innocent hardworking men to pay for everything!

Tuug tuug dhashay!
I'm a motherfucking man, i will take care of my god damn children yaa ahlul ximaar!

Go to work and save money for your damn "security blanket". I got my own security blanket for me and my children:banderas:

Shitliimos want to spend their salary on shisha and shaah and force us innocent hardworking men to pay for everything!

Tuug tuug dhashay!
giphy.gif

it's a question of chicken vs the egg.
I can ask u the same question, if u want the man to pay for everything, are u willing to assume a real wive's role, cooking, cleaning, tending to every single one of ur husband's needs without qaylo?

Ive never said I want the man to pay for everything though. I just believe the traditional roles are the prime roles, obviously they should help eachother out in those things. I just think 50/50 is strange and not even realistic.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I think the bigger problem is not holding dead beat dads accountable, there should be a compromise.:gaasdrink:
Keep the mehr low but if someone abandons his family like some of the ladies are saying the video then arrest his ass.:farole:

Genie

The last suugo bender
According to Jafari Fiqh Mahr is her right, to which her husband remains indebted unless woman forgive it (for example in case of Khul divorce or Mubarat divorce)

And should be paid in any situation and even can be asked to be paid legally by sue. Unless the woman forgive it willingly. But this may depend on laws of each country. For example in Iran the amount of meher is registered in marriage document as a legal document and the woman can sue husband for not paying it before or after the divorce. It is like any other legal debt.

Islam recommends to meher be paid as soon as possible even if no divorce happen as well as any other debt. There are some Hadith saying remaining under debt is Makrook (disliked by Islam).

according to this a woman can ask for her mehr AFTER the divorce but because debt is looked down upon in islam as one's time on earth is not guaranteed it's recommended to pay it as soon possible but yes she can demand money after the divorce and its her RIGHT to receive such payment provided you have agreed upon it before you both entered into the marriage , its not that deep tbh i feel when a girl has found a guy she truly wants to be with she wouldn't burden him more than he can handle......i hope.

Last edited:

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
I don't expect 20k mehr, bring whatever you can afford. You will however sign a piece of paper that says everything I make its my money and everything you make is our money. The day you start to get curious about my income, I will slap that paper in your face.

As for the mehr bring on 500 if you want:hillarybiz:

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
according to this a woman can ask for her mehr AFTER the divorce but because debt is looked down upon in islam as one's time on earth is not guaranteed it's recommend to pay it as soon possible but yes she can demand money after the divorce and its her RIGHT to receive such payment provided you have agreed upon it before you both entered into the marriage , its not that deep tbh i feel when a girl has found a guy she truly wants to be with she wouldn't burden him more than he can handle......i hope.
I like the way you think :ehh:
I don't know how mehr works :ayaanswag:
:gaasdrink:

Last edited:

KULTA

f*ck you im from Mudug
I don't expect 20k mehr, bring whatever you can afford. You will however sign a piece of paper that says everything I make its my money and everything you make is our money. The day you start to get curious about my income, I will slap that paper in your face.

Everything you make is your money and everything i make is OUR money?

:cosbyhmm:

tenor.gif

I wouldn't mind putting down £10k if she was worth it. Trouble is, most Somali females aren't worth even a quarter of that.

No intelligent female would ask you to break the bank on a meher and wedding.

:salute:

YoungFarah

:)
VIP

Nacalaa I misread what you wrote. If we make the same amount both of what we make is OUR money. Let's be serious for a moment.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I wouldn't mind putting down £10k if she was worth it. Trouble is, most Somali females aren't worth even a quarter of that.

No intelligent female would ask you to break the bank on a meher and wedding.

The problem is it becomes a pride thing, she hears saaxiib heebelo got 20k and now she wants 25k so she can talk smack as well:francis:

Ive never said I want the man to pay for everything though. I just believe the traditional roles are the prime roles, obviously they should help eachother out in those things. I just think 50/50 is strange and not even realistic.
It doesn't have to be 50/50, in fact actions and work can never be 50/50. One person will be doing more than other. I just think somali culture doesn't put any responsibility on women when it comes to marriage. She'll get married without having spent a penny and that's a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.