Extreme hair growth tips from a curlyhairguru

can I add to this? I discovered the key to taking care if your hair is knowing thw correct porosity as it makes all the difference.
high porosity:
strengthening treatments to prevent breakage
silicone conditioners help add shine to hair
anti-humectants (do not use products like honey in your hair as it will frizz it out)
minimal washing, use mostly co washing
use the LOC method to seal in moisture and define curls

Low porosity
deep moisture treatments
use humectants to penetrate hair and add moisture
don't use protein treatments too often especially if you have coarser hair strands
don't use anything that will coat the hair strands, like silicones
leave ins also coat the hair and can make it look dull so use or sparingly
serums seem to work better for LPH as they add shine and don't build up on hair like other products
make sure to clarify hair regularly to avoid build up (how regular depends on how dry/oily your hair usually is

tips for for curly hair in general:
don't brush hair, detangle gently with wide tooth comb
minimize usage of hair ties and instead use low tension hair styling. if you use hair ties, use ones that limit breakage
sleep with bonnet
keep hair in protective stlye to sleep
be careful with how you tie your hijab. wear a silk cap underneath so the cotton isnt drying and rubbing against your hair. and don't tie it too close to hairline to prevent traction alopecia

I have heard of batana oil from one person( a non Somali) so will give it a go. Also, Ive been adding fenugreek seeds to my morning green smoothies but I will try the mask and its water as a leave in as well. My hair goal isnt to get length but to get my thick healthy hair back. Ever since I started wearing hijab my hairs health went down hill no matter what I did. In sha Allah this works for me.

Trending

Latest posts