Ever been embarrassed to be Somali?

Discussion in 'General' started by AliUK, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Halimo-2018

Halimo-2018

Ratings:
    +611
    The only time i feel ashamed to be somali is everytime i see"Are somalis black" video on youtube. I wanna slap myself each time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. AussieHustler

AussieHustler Incels need help not derision Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +10,179
    Shushue

Some are former drug and alcohol addicts with minor crime convictions, others are loners, but one common denominator they all share is their lack of success in education. There are huge employment opportunities if only they could get into trade courses. A friend who is with the union down in Melbourne recently told me, there are many Ethiopian and Oromo youth graduating as tradesmen like electricians and plumbers and when I joked with him and asked, why are you discriminating the Somalis? He said, they took a proposal of 10 scholarship places to the Somali community and only 2 has been filled and they’ve to give the rest to the Ethiopian community.

3. AliUK

AliUK

Ratings:
    +1,797
    Last one confused me, what do you mean, she had children from 10 men or 10 children in such a small house?

4. Shushue

Shushue

Ratings:
    +1,939
    I’m asking a deep question, what makes us different from the Ethiopians and others? Culture or religion or something else?:farmajoyaab:

5. AliUK

AliUK

Ratings:
    +1,797
    Relax, I was a kid. A lot of people feel that type of way when young.

6. AussieHustler

AussieHustler Incels need help not derision Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +10,179
    Shushue

That’s the million $$$ question and when you find out, please let me know.

7. Zach

Zach

Ratings:
    +706
    Yes. I was walking around town with my Somali friend and this woman with her dog was walking towards us and the dog had no leash and my friend was like let’s go to the other side of the street and I didn’t get that he was afraid of the dog and was like no, the shop is on this side and then the run towards us and my friend disappeared into thin air, wallahi. Mind you the dog was like a Maltese. I was so embarrassed a grown man

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Shushue

Shushue

Ratings:
    +1,939
    Haha I’ve got all kinds of theories but I’m looking for people to confirm them or disprove me , I’m a pessimistic person and love to be disproven persuasively

9. FendiFanatic

FendiFanatic Freedom of Speech

Ratings:
    +1,260
    Nope never I wouldn’t want to be anything else Somalis the GOAT race

10. SOMALIKNIGHT

SOMALIKNIGHT

Ratings:
    +845
    I am Muslim so why should I be embarassed?

11. Wardheere

Wardheere Qolana Janno qolana naar

Ratings:
    +1,062
    Never

If you feel ashamed to be somali you go where you feel comfortable.

12. WarsameXamse

WarsameXamse

Ratings:
    +598
    :siilaanyolaugh::siilaanyolaugh:
    i am glad my mother wears 4 layers of curtain.

i couldn't imagine my mother uncovered in public:faysalwtf:, and i am not even religious like that, i am very secular.

I AM JUST USED TO IT AND IT WOULD BE VERY AWKWARD AND ABNORMAL TO SEE THAT ALTERED.

fyi i don't mind xalimos without hijabi, i get excited when i see them dressed like becky for me:siilaanyosmile:

13. Hybrid

Hybrid Death Awaits You

Ratings:
    +3,081
    Then you ain't civilized. No civilized person would want their mother or sister to dress like a 7th century Arab woman and smell like suugo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Qashin Qashin x 1
  14. WarsameXamse

WarsameXamse

Ratings:
    +598
    naah i have never felt embarrassed to be my ethnicity.

i grew up with a lot of somalis in my early years:noneck:, i went to a cheap private muslim/somali school from kindergarten to 4th grade and so i had a strong foundation and pride in being a somali since i mainly socialized with somali kids and muslim kids(many yemenis who actually claimed somali, i guess somali was the shit to them, i have no idea why:gaasdrink:our country was in a civil war:farmajoyaab:and yemen was relatively peaceful)

THEN WE MOVED TO A FULL WHITE AREA IN MANCHESTER, and seeing fellow somalis was a rare thing from year 5 onwards (only 2 other somali families went to my school)

THE FEW MADOWS( about 50 or so kids in school of > 1k ) IN MY SCHOOL HAD HELLA INFERIOR COMPLEXES ESPECIALLY THE WEST AFRICANS BUNCH(they claimed to be afro Caribbeans)
    AND THE BLICK AFRO CARIBBEANS would claim they are half irish or some shit and hated being associated with west Africans.
    no one knew anything about the somali ethnicity except for the fact that the ethnicity is muslim :shookgabre:

15. Fang4

Fang4

Ratings:
    +1,923
    Why be embarrassed to be Somali because of the actions of the dregs of our community.
    I will die being proud of my ethnicity.

16. Hybrid

Hybrid Death Awaits You

Ratings:
    +3,081
    Why the fuck did the Muslim prophet happened to be an Arab. Muslims will carry on practicing that prudish 7th century Arab culture for a long time.
    :mjkkk:

• Qashin Qashin x 2
  17. Hatredfree

Hatredfree

Ratings:
    +3,319
  18. WarsameXamse

WarsameXamse

Ratings:
    +598
    :drakelaugh:wtf. as secularist as i am I JUST WOULD NOT WANT MY LOVELY MOTHER WEARING A LITTLE HIJAB, :holeup:hopefully she stick with her 7th century clothing until her time comes.:meleshame:

BRO I FEEL YOU, i don't like that dressing on young girls it makes them look hella old:mjlol:

THE BEST CLOTHING FOR SOMALI WOMEN ESPECIALLY THOSE AT THE MOTHERLAND IS BAATI AND NOT FUCKING WAHABI SHIT:manny:[​IMG]

i love this, makes them look feminine modest youthful and beautiful :lawd:

I WISH MORE START WEARING THEM IN PUBLIC :notsureif:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. WarsameXamse

WarsameXamse

Ratings:
    +598
    :mugshotman:OKEY OKEY CHILL CHILL:ileycry:

I AGREE ISLAM IS STILL STUCK IN THE 6TH CENTURY,

IT NEEDS MAJOR REFORM WHEN IT COMES TO THE INTERPRETATION OF IT:fittytousand:. these extreme sharia laws about stoning human being to death for consensual sexual activities is fucked, and cutting off hands for stealing is also fucked up, THE HUMAN HAND IS PRICELESS, at least make use of it , get some free labor

BUT DON'T TALK TOO MUCH SHIT ABOUT ISLAM, people will get hella emotional.

• Like Like x 1
  20. WarsameXamse

WarsameXamse

Ratings:
    +598
    name a single ethnicity that does not have BROKE PEOPLE IN THEM? OR CRACKHEADS?

this is not something to be a self hater over

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted