Ethiopian is claiming Somalis don’t have indigenous food rather we took it from different countries 😂

To be fair nothing is also indigenous in Ethiopia
-the name Ethiopia belongs to Sudan
-your language semetic belongs to Yemenis
-clothing is also from ancient Yemenis

To be fair nothing is also indigenous in Ethiopia
-the name Ethiopia belongs to Sudan
-your language semetic belongs to Yemenis
-clothing is also from ancient Yemenis
I'm not jumping in on this Xenophobia because it's just not on but I just wanna come and say as someone Sudanese it really personally annoys me when Ethiopians interpret mentions of "Ethiopia" in the Bible and Ancient Scriptures and narrations and get all prideful about it as if it has anything to do with them.

Of course some innocently don't know but for others, it's so obvious the Ethiopia in mention is of no relation to them or their ancestors but they still claim it as theirs. I don't have an issue with them currently labeling themselves as Ethiopians, but boy, if you open them history books and see a mention of Ethiopia and start to point and shout "My Ancestors!!", you best await the most fantastic slap.

I'm overreacting hard probably but I had to just mention this because it mildly pisses me off for no good reason lmao. The Ethiopians of the Bible and the Ancient world lived in the Nile Valley, had a capital known as Meroe, a female leader called a Kandaka and they fought off the Assyrians in defence of the people of Jerusalem. Sudan is biblical Ethiopia, the original Ethiopia.

I'm not jumping in on this Xenophobia because it's just not on but I just wanna come and say as someone Sudanese it really personally annoys me when Ethiopians interpret mentions of "Ethiopia" in the Bible and Ancient Scriptures and narrations and get all prideful about it as if it has anything to do with them.

Of course some innocently don't know but for others, it's so obvious the Ethiopia in mention is of no relation to them or their ancestors but they still claim it as theirs. I don't have an issue with them currently labeling themselves as Ethiopians, but boy, if you open them history books and see a mention of Ethiopia and start to point and shout "My Ancestors!!", you best await the most fantastic slap.

I'm overreacting hard probably but I had to just mention this because it mildly pisses me off for no good reason lmao. The Ethiopians of the Bible and the Ancient world lived in the Nile Valley, had a capital known as Meroe, a female leader called a Kandaka and they fought off the Assyrians in defence of the people of Jerusalem. Sudan is biblical Ethiopia, the original Ethiopia.
They were the first hoteps 😂

Walalo can I ask u a question
Did the Sudanese people defeat the assyrians ?

Somalis food is mostly influenced by others, not their fault that they were seafaring/great traders.
Ethiopian food is mostly originally made, mostly due to being isolated for so long, perhaps.
Us Muslims/Oromo's do not appreciate this guy dragging us into their personal beef with Somalis.
Despite any issues, Somali's are our beoble. :D

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
Somalis food is mostly influenced by others, not their fault that they were seafaring/great traders.
Ethiopian food is mostly originally made, mostly due to being isolated for so long, perhaps.
Us Muslims/Oromo's do not appreciate this guy dragging us into their personal beef with Somalis.
U whole ethnicity culture is bc of u stole from others how oromo like u speaking, only pasto is Italien the rest is Somali native gtfu with u aidtopian bs, the only native food u have is raw meat and even that u took it from me when I colonized your folk and burned them forced them to eat raw meat
1686087153512.png

Your Oromo ? (Not mocking it just asking cuz I’ve never seen Oromo in this site )+ not every Somali food is influenced
There is also natives

yasmeen

summer break 7/1-?

No, not all our diet is influenced by others.

Our pastoral ancestors were not consuming the coastal carb-heavy cuisine we now consume. This cuisine was strictly consumed by the city dwellers on the coast and it has gotten popularized in recent decades.

Our pastoral ancestors consumed a robust, nutritious keto diet that supported our health.

We still consume our pastoral diet but it’s not available in restaurants I’ll tell you that much.

Walalo can I ask u a question
Did the Sudanese people defeat the assyrians ?
As far as I know, we only have brief accounts of their conflict from the Bible and Non-Kushite sources. But they had two general military encounters. The initial encounter resulted in the Kushites successfully pushing the Assyrians east up the Mediterranean coast and taking Jerusalem and the surrounding regions around it under Kushite authority. Probably not very accurate but I've heard some historians claim the Kushites may have penetrated deep into Lebanon in their conquest of the Assyrians but no sources have been provided for these claims.

The second military encounter saw the Assyrians returning with an onslaught of superior weaponry taking advantage of the fatigue in iron production then being experienced by the Kushites. The Assyrians then successfully pushed the Kushites out of the Levant, out of the Nile Delta and into upper Egypt. Eventually, as power settled and the Egyptians regained independence, the Kushites soon lost control of Upper Egypt as well, descending back to their former state between Upper Nubia and Lower Nubia.

The Kushites saw victory against the Assyrians but came to their demise due to something as trivial as a slight Iron shortage and a drop in the quality of weapons. It would be very interesting to see what would have happened if the Kushites managed to hold off the Assyrian reconquest.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
No, not all our diet is influenced by others.

Our pastoral ancestors were not consuming the coastal cuisine we now consume. This cuisine was strictly consumed by the city dwellers on the coast and it has gotten popularized in recent decades.

Our pastoral ancestors consumed a robust, nutritious keto diet that supported our health.

We still consume our pastoral diet but it’s not available in restaurants I’ll tell you that much.

Even some of the city/village dweller stuff is plainly native like cambuulo, canjeero and so forth. They all developed from the agricultural package our ancient ancestors got from the Ethiopian Highlands well over a thousand years ago by the looks of it:

Somalis might get all nationalistic on me but lets be real, we are pretty much just an extension of Ethiopian/Horner culture. The elements of our cuisine that developed from theirs or developed from crops we got from the highlands are pretty much part of our native regional culture.

As far as I know, we only have brief accounts of their conflict from the Bible and Non-Kushite sources. But they had two general military encounters. The initial encounter resulted in the Kushites successfully pushing the Assyrians east up the Mediterranean coast and taking Jerusalem and the surrounding regions around it under Kushite authority. Probably not very accurate but I've heard some historians claim the Kushites may have penetrated deep into Lebanon in their conquest of the Assyrians but no sources have been provided for these claims.

The second military encounter saw the Assyrians returning with an onslaught of superior weaponry taking advantage of the fatigue in iron production then being experienced by the Kushites. The Assyrians then successfully pushed the Kushites out of the Levant, out of the Nile Delta and into upper Egypt. Eventually, as power settled and the Egyptians regained independence, the Kushites soon lost control of Upper Egypt as well, descending back to their former state between Upper Nubia and Lower Nubia.

The Kushites saw victory against the Assyrians but came to their demise due to something as trivial as a slight Iron shortage and a drop in the quality of weapons. It would be very interesting to see what would have happened if the Kushites managed to hold off the Assyrian reconquest.
I might been underestimating kushites history/empire if that’s the case

Going toe to toe with Assyrian at that time
They’ve must been crazy people

Even some of the city/village dweller stuff is plainly native like cambuulo, canjeero and so forth. They all developed from the agricultural package our ancient ancestors got from the Ethiopian Highlands well over a thousand years ago by the looks of it:

Somalis might get all nationalistic on me but lets be real, we are pretty much just an extension of Ethiopian/Horner culture. The elements of our cuisine that developed from theirs or developed from crops we got from the highlands are pretty much part of our native regional culture.
“Ethiopia highlands “ the hasbehsa Christian ? :gucciwhat:

To be fair I thought Somalis was traders so I assumed they either developed people food or started food by taking ingredients from different lands

To be fair I thought Somalis was traders so I assumed they either developed people food or started food by taking ingredients from different lands
Also I would assume the ancient Yemenis influenced the Horn of Africa when it comes to food right ?

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

Not necessarily. A lot of the stuff we were influenced by agriculturally seems to have come from the central highlands which back then would likely have been more Waaqist than anything else and in the middle-ages it was a mix of Waaqist, Muslim and Christian.

Not necessarily. A lot of the stuff we were influenced by agriculturally seems to have come from the central highlands which back then would likely have been more Waaqist than anything else and in the middle-ages it was a mix of Waaqist, Muslim and Christian.
Which ethics group lived in the central highlands that followed waaqiest religion was it ? I’m assuming the agaws or aggobbra

Trending